New Moderators (as if someone had asked me) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #22
    Burke, go to the Podolski thread in the transfer section and tell them what you think about Podolski. Even compared to Iaquinta.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Thank you, but why the hell is Mikhail still a mod? He's never on.

Same with Fliakis.

You guys should replace them with people who actually log in regularly, unlike them. I mean what's the point of keeping them as mods?

From what I've seen, they log in every two weeks and act like they know what's going on here. Yet they don't, and they are bad mods because of it.
    A mod who doesn't log in isn't necessarily a bad mod, IMO. There are a lot more important criteria.

We talked about pruning, but there's little upside in booting out trustworthy folks who have proven themselves in the past. And there's little point in replacing them unless we felt there wasn't enough coverage.

the language of it you can tell greg was corp groomed
    :D Hey, it's why they pay me the bucks in real life. I really should work someone's political campaign with that crap.

Of course, alternatively, I could have said, "Thanks for the suggestions, Andy, but f*%$ off." :D

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #24
    A mod who doesn't log in isn't necessarily a bad mod, IMO. There are a lot more important criteria.

We talked about pruning, but there's little upside in booting out trustworthy folks who have proven themselves in the past. And there's little point in replacing them unless we felt there wasn't enough coverage.
    Thoroughly disagree.

Fliakis comes back after about three months since his last log on and starts talking about banning me for good. What, did he read every post I made for those three months? Does he understand what has happened in those three months to know what's going on? Does he understand the fact that to be a good mod you have to pick apart the acts of a poster and weigh out the positives and the negatives? But what he did was threaten me unjustly which was out of line, yet you the mods never cared about that. Not that I care though, although we are talking about good moderators here, which that kid is NOT.

I know you will not agree with me whatsoever, but being on here more than every three weeks makes a world of difference. That mod just waltzes his way in here and looks at warned/reported posts and judges them based on one post. It's impossible to be objective as a mod on a forum, but one thing that is possible is understanding a certain situation that brings people to the point of going off the chain, but that is only possible if the mod knows the situation. Fact is, Fliakis always had a personal agenda against me.

Greg, you cannot possibly be persuaded by this bias. You would not be as good as a mod if you didn't log in regularly. You know that.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Thoroughly disagree.

Fliakis comes back after about three months since his last log on and starts talking about banning me for good. What, did he read every post I made for those three months? Does he understand what has happened in those three months to know what's going on? Does he understand the fact that to be a good mod you have to pick apart the acts of a poster and weigh out the positives and the negatives? But what he did was threaten me unjustly which was out of line, yet you the mods never cared about that. Not that I care though, although we are talking about good moderators here, which that kid is NOT.

I know you will not agree with me whatsoever, but being on here more than every three weeks makes a world of difference. That mod just waltzes his way in here and looks at warned/reported posts and judges them based on one post. It's impossible to be objective as a mod on a forum, but one thing that is possible is understanding a certain situation that brings people to the point of going off the chain, but that is only possible if the mod knows the situation. Fact is, Fliakis always had a personal agenda against me.

Greg, you cannot possibly be persuaded by this bias. You would not be as good as a mod if you didn't log in regularly. You know that.
    Talk is talk, Andy. The only thing matters is doing.

If Fli comes in and bans someone on limited info without any context, that's one thing. But that's not what happened.

If that's the case and it does happen, then the problem is clearly with the moderator -- and not the fact that they are still a moderator and don't log in often enough.

Graham doesn't always log in here -- and some times he goes for long stretches without doing so, off on some missionary trek or other. But that doesn't mean he makes bad decisions or doesn't help out when he reappears.

In fact, Graham has enough long-term experience with the site that I think he provides value as an experienced mod, even if that experience is less so in the near term. Some historical perspective and the wisdom that comes with a lot of moderating, at least shared in some of the mod threads and even if you end up partially retired, can be helpful for the many newer mods who still have the attention and energy of dealing with the day-to-day issues first-hand in spades.

Just having Martin around has been good for me as a new admin, for example. Though he has been on the forums quite frequently throughout -- just not as much in an admin capacity in recent months/years.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #27
    Talk is talk, Andy. The only thing matters is doing.

If Fli comes in and bans someone on limited info without any context, that's one thing. But that's not what happened.

If that's the case and it does happen, then the problem is clearly with the moderator -- and not the fact that they are still a moderator and don't log in often enough.
    Missing the point. Not good moderation trying to provoke a member. That's what he did on numerous occasions, and you know it.

Get off the mod stuff, brother. We both know the way it is.

Graham doesn't always log in here -- and some times he goes for long stretches without doing so, off on some missionary trek or other. But that doesn't mean he makes bad decisions or doesn't help out when he reappears.

In fact, Graham has enough long-term experience with the site that I think he provides value as an experienced mod, even if that experience is less so in the near term. Some historical perspective and the wisdom that comes with a lot of moderating, at least shared in some of the mod threads and even if you end up partially retired, can be helpful for the many newer mods who still have the attention and energy of dealing with the day-to-day issues first-hand in spades.
    Well Graham was always going to be a fantastic mod, and I agree with you while disagreeing (if that makes sense).

It depends on the person.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    It is about the person. Which is why I think decisions should be made more on that basis, and not so much whether or not they meet a minimum criteria of logins per month.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #29
    It is about the person. Which is why I think decisions should be made more on that basis, and not so much whether or not they meet a minimum criteria of logins per month.
    But Mikhail and Fliakis hold personal grudges...

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    TBH, Burke is holding up his end of the deal. Who knows -- Bozi may look more intelligent than Donadoni afterall. :p

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    I don't have anything against Enron and Sarah...in fact I like 'em both as I think they are good posters and I think they could do good modarating job.

Bring them on! :party:

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #37
    You know what's hilarious, if it was the burke/andy clan that coached Italy:

Andy on the sidelines:

Burke on the sidelines:
    :lol2:

Me the one with the fashion fag shit, you with the beer and cigs. WHAT A FUCKING TEAM!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)