New kits and NEW JUVE LOGO? (5 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juvefc_robin ] ++
Does someone know what colour the letters on the back are?
I saw a quick hi-light on RAI Internatioanl today of their exibition game from saturday, and I think the numbers on the back are yellow (no names on the jerseys yet)

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
I think the new logo looks good but that's irrelevant. We've changed our club logo! Why? Someone whispered something about Nike wanting an exclusive deal and now only they may use our 'fresh' new logo on their design.

We've sold out in other words and it's enough to make me sick.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++
I think the new logo looks good but that's irrelevant. We've changed our club logo! Why? Someone whispered something about Nike wanting an exclusive deal and now only they may use our 'fresh' new logo on their design.
Hopefully then, when our contract with Nike expires we can ditch the new logo and go back to old ways

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
I think it's about Nike and their exclusive deal, no one may use our new logo but them. I don't know this for sure though so it's far from certain.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I think it's about Nike and their exclusive deal, no one may use our new logo but them. I don't know this for sure though so it's far from certain.
This would make sense, but I wonder why we had to do that, and not ManU or Barca!

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
This would make sense, but I wonder why we had to do that, and not ManU or Barca!
Someone said the same thing 'happened' to arsenal. My guess is that they get an offer with an extra zero if they do this, we accepted while man u and barca didn't. Just my guess.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
we sold our traditions for something more commercial and trendy... life sucks sometimes, Nike and money obviously shouldn't have that much power...

Sep 14, 2003

Someone said the same thing 'happened' to arsenal. My guess is that they get an offer with an extra zero if they do this, we accepted while man u and barca didn't. Just my guess.
Arsenal were forced to change as they no longer held the copyright for the club crest. I don't think Nike had anything to do with it, I can't say for sure with our case though.

Jul 13, 2004
the new logo and the new dress looks great ! better than the old ones !

2 years ago also arsenal got a new logo and everybody said that it looks like shit, but now everyone likes it.

go on nike, good style !

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
Arsenal were forced to change as they no longer held the copyright for the club crest. I don't think Nike had anything to do with it, I can't say for sure with our case though.
I can't say I'm all that pleased with this development. There have been lots of lawsuits in the past from club trying to get FANsites closed under the charges of copyright infringement. That is pretty sick if you think about it, sites that earn nothing and promote interest in the club get threatened for using the club logo and other identification marks. And now with the Juve logo being legally secured, they would have an even stronger case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)