New Juve scandal: Moggi talking to referees (9 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
mark77 said:
It was supposed to be today but they'll wait after tomorrow's game(when the market closes) to reveal the names of the teams, players, management, refs...and the penalties imposed to them.
let me get this straight , they wanna make a decision about Juventus and Milan et al, when Italy are still in the world cup? so lets say they relegate Juve and Milan and the clubs involved, how exactly are the likes of Juve players and Milan players gonna concentrate on the task in hand? I do not think I will ever understand Italy. I mean seriously why not wait until after world cup before you make any kind of judgement.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Thursday is Calciopoli charges day
Wednesday 21 June, 2006​

The clubs and individuals under investigation for sporting fraud will be informed of any possible charges they will face on Thursday evening, it has been confirmed.

Reports in Italy had suggested that the Italian Football Federation’s prosecutor, Stefano Palazzi, would reveal his charge sheet at some stage on Wednesday.

However, the FIGC have stated that Palazzi will unveil the list of clubs and individuals who will face a sporting tribunal on Thursday evening at the earliest.

“They [the names and charges] will be issued tomorrow after the stock market closes,” stated FIGC commissioner Guido Rossi.

He added that the decision to delay the announcement was at the request of Consob chief Lamberto Cardia who is in charge of the stock market regulator.

The stock market will close at 17.30 hours local time, just minutes before Italy’s final Group E World Cup clash ends against the Czech Republic.

Channel 4.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
denco said:
let me get this straight , they wanna make a decision about Juventus and Milan et al, when Italy are still in the world cup? so lets say they relegate Juve and Milan and the clubs involved, how exactly are the likes of Juve players and Milan players gonna concentrate on the task in hand? I do not think I will ever understand Italy. I mean seriously why not wait until after world cup before you make any kind of judgement.
Any decision they make tomorrow can be overturned if a team is penalized and doesn't like the verdict.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Match-fixing names to be outed Thursday

21/06/2006 18:44

The Italian Football Federation's (FIGC) prosecutor will issue on Thursday evening a list of clubs and individuals that he will charge in a match-fixing scandal. "They (the names and charges) will be issued tomorrow after the stock market close," Guido Rossi told reporters Wednesday.

The stock market regulator had asked for the news not to be issued during trading hours, he said.

The stock market closes at 1730 local (1530 GMT) which on Thursday will also approximately coincide with the end of Italy's crucial World Cup match against the Czech Republic.

Reuters

Geof

May 14, 2004
mark77 said:
Any decision they make tomorrow can be overturned if a team is penalized and doesn't like the verdict.
ywait, it's onl the charges that are revealed today. It's what the prosecutor asks. But the judge has still to decide, right?

I'm a bit confused with this FIGC procedure...

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Geof said:
ywait, it's onl the charges that are revealed today. It's what the prosecutor asks. But the judge has still to decide, right?

I'm not too familiar with it also but what I think is that the teams and players can still protest the decision and can change it if they prove that they did nothing wrong.

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
mark77 said:
I'm not too familiar with it also but what I think is that the teams and players can still protest the decision and can change it if they prove that they did nothing wrong.
ye, but it will take a long time for us to appeal the decision. when the right one come out we probably already spend years playing in B even C1

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Inside source says it looks like we will be stripped of our two recent Serie A titles and relegated to Serie B...that is the best outcome....the worst - Serie C1....

Trust me, we not going to get away from this shit lightly....

AC Milan won't get relegated, they will get a massive fine plus -15 points from the start of next season...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Geof said:

Yes, that's what I'm understanding from it all.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
mark77 said:
Well, what the prosecutor asks can't be simply turned in to reality straight away. Surely there must be some sort of trial in advance?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
They have Australia in the 2nd round, Switzerland or Ukrain in the quarter finals and most likely Argentina or Germany in the semi-final. Seems possible they will make it to the final really.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
AlexTheGreat said:
ye, but it will take a long time for us to appeal the decision. when the right one come out we probably already spend years playing in B even C1
final decision on the appeal would be on the 20th of july

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
If Juve loses the titles, Juve should leave the FIGC... create its own league in Northern Italy, in the piemonte region... perhaps convince Bayern to join it (since they wanted out of the bundesliga at the time), and eventually get UEFA recognition :) FFS, the whole ambush of delinquent roma and milano papers and their complete losery and whiny attitudes are too annoying for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)