Status
Not open for further replies.

Barese

May 9, 2019
Yes, beating 4 time Scudetto and treble winning Inter is no competition. Allegri had a good team at Milan but nowhere near what you are making it out to be. This wasn’t some PSG in Ligue 1 thing. :baus:

I’m sure we shall score for fun like Chelsea did this year, with their 63 goals :lol3:

And seeing as Allegri won 4 straight domestic doubles, and 5 straight scudetti, pretty sure that’s about as great a guarantee of trophies as is possible. Unlike Sarri with 0 career trophies in 30 years of managing.

I’m perfectly fine with moving on from Allegri as we lacked motivation and energy under him these past two years, especially this one. But lol if we are moving on for Sarri.
It's not really fair to judge Sarri by his long carreer at small clubs considering he started coaching as a part time job before leaving hes old carreer as a banker.

In my opinion its quite impressing how he worked his way up from amature clubs all the way to the top, considering he didnt had a professional career, nor the connections in the football world.

Obviously it would be more impressing if he achieved all of this at a younger age and with less time, but Allegri was coaching for 10 years before arriving at AC Milan. It took Sarri 13 years as a professional to arrive at Napoli.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's not really fair to judge Sarri by his long carreer at small clubs considering he started coaching as a part time job before leaving hes old carreer as a banker.

In my opinion its quite impressing how he worked his way up from amature clubs all the way to the top, considering he didnt had a professional career, nor the connections in the football world.

Obviously it would be more impressing if he achieved all of this at a younger age and with less time, but Allegri was coaching for 10 years before arriving at AC Milan. It took Sarri 13 years as a professional to arrive at Napoli.
He's been coaching in Serie C or higher since ~2003. Hardly some brief period. He didn't manage to win a lower league title once. And he hasn't won a single trophy, league title, domestic cup, or otherwise in the top flight either. He's nowhere near the stature of coach a club like Juventus, should be going for to replace one of the greatest coaches (results wise) in our history, while trying to win in Europe during the last few years of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Simple as that.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
He's been coaching in Serie C or higher since ~2003. Hardly some brief period. He didn't manage to win a lower league title once. And he hasn't won a single trophy, league title, domestic cup, or otherwise in the top flight either. He's nowhere near the stature of coach a club like Juventus, should be going for to replace one of the greatest coaches (results wise) in our history, while trying to win in Europe during the last few years of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Simple as that.
What Serie C has to do with it?!
You can count from his first spell in Serie A

Its like I judge your math abilities based on your ability in first grade..

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

It's impressive indeed, but the same way it is impressive for a failing student who finally gets his act together and gets admitted to a good college. Still you wouldn't make him your Harvard law review editor.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
I have no idea who will be the next coach. I don't think any of the media outlets really know who will be the next coach. I think leaking certain bullshit stories to selected media identities to throw people completely off track is a great idea if we are going for someone who isn't Conte/Pep/Sarri is a great way of giving the club the space and time required to get their man. Don't get caught up in the bullshit people, we're all better than that.

Thing I do know.
Whoever is appointed, the club will say that they were always their no 1 target and they are happy to have finally gotten their man.

Thing I hope happens:
Who ever is appointed, here at Tuz, there will be a general feeling of disappointment but a hint of optimism and a willingness to give the new guy a go. It's what has happened with the last two coaches and i think it's fair to say they were both successful.

PS.
I'm bald and have started growing a beard in anticipation of pep...:mj::vdp::pep:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I have no idea who will be the next coach. I don't think any of the media outlets really know who will be the next coach. I think leaking certain bullshit stories to selected media identities to throw people completely off track is a great idea if we are going for someone who isn't Conte/Pep/Sarri is a great way of giving the club the space and time required to get their man. Don't get caught up in the bullshit people, we're all better than that.

Thing I do know.
Whoever is appointed, the club will say that they were always their no 1 target and they are happy to have finally gotten their man.

Thing I hope happens:
Who ever is appointed, here at Tuz, there will be a general feeling of disappointment but a hint of optimism and a willingness to give the new guy a go. It's what has happened with the last two coaches and i think it's fair to say they were both successful.

PS.
I'm bald and have started growing a beard in anticipation of pep...:mj::vdp::pep:
I just hope you dont start smoking and ask for coffee in the end..

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
lets be honest here, Sky know less than Jon Snow

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to say there is optimism but the Pep situation is now in its downhill phase, there is reason to believe it will get done

Paganini above basically said he knows everyone is saying sarri but for him a big name like pep is more likely
Downhill phase? thats sounds like a bad thing?

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Also, Conte hasn't been made official with Inter yet so part of me thinks that it's all nonsense. I think it will all start with a statement from Poch after the final and then we'll see where everyone slots in.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What Serie C has to do with it?!
You can count from his first spell in Serie A

Its like I judge your math abilities based on your ability in first grade..
Serie C and above is professional football. I’d like our new coach to show he can at least be a winner at some level in his career. Sarri has not shown this at any level.

The dude was complaining about Sarri being judged about the time it took to get to top flite football and making excuses for it.

There are no excuses, and it had nothing to do with connections. Before Empoli in 2012, in his previous 9-10 years in Serie B and C he had lost as many matches as he had won, which was the very reason he didn’t jump into a Serie A coaching job sooner.

Allegri conversely won Serie C with Sassuolo earning their first ever promotion to Serie B, earning him a job with Serie A side Cagliari who he led to 9th place, their highest finish in 15 years, and this earned him the job with Milan who he coached to a title, dethroning treble winning Inter.

Not sure how anyone could even remotely suggest Sarri’s career to date comes close to matching Allegri’s pre-Juve career.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Serie C and above is professional football. I’d like our new coach to show he can at least be a winner at some level in his career. Sarri has not shown this at any level.

The dude was complaining about Sarri being judged about the time it took to get to top flite football and making excuses for it.

There are no excuses, and it had nothing to do with connections. Before Empoli in 2012, in his previous 9-10 years in Serie B and C he had lost as many matches as he had won, which was the very reason he didn’t jump into a Serie A coaching job sooner.

Allegri conversely won Serie C with Sassuolo earning their first ever promotion to Serie B, earning him a job with Serie A side Cagliari who he led to 9th place, their highest finish in 15 years, and this earned him the job with Milan who he coached to a title, dethroning treble winning Inter.

Not sure how anyone could even remotely suggest Sarri’s career to date comes close to matching Allegri’s pre-Juve career.
First grade math is still math..
Anyway it doesnt really matter as what you are trying to say is Sarri is not good enough and Im not sure I disagree..

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Sarri would be an upgrade to Max, that's why he won't join us.
Pep is a straight downgrade, but he is still holding some false founded hype with him, he could join us and most probably will,
when it will be proved beyond doudt what a fraud he is and when he will be content with just a domestic title.
But atm he is above our paygrade and because he knows that he can only win with the best players, he only accepts jobs when the roster is already there and he still has a budget of 200-300mil available to further boost the team and make his presence be seen like a positive one.
It's highly unlikely that we will provide such conditions this summer.
We will settle with an unwanted Italian coach noone else wants and demand that he won't have a say on the transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)