Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Sarri ended third because they were the best of a bad bunch. Arsenal, Spurs (they were completely invested in CL by that point) and United all had worse spells than his Chelsea. It probably just shows that both Emery and OGS are worse managers than Sarri. That's not saying much.
Yes and no
I agree I didnt really see a fantastic Chelsea and they werent 3rd by 1 or 2 points..
They indeed were the best of the worst but results wise they did get the best they could (not particular games but final season standing&Europe)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
:lol:

Once it becomes official, I’m going to hope for the best, hope that this classless moron proves me wrong and shows he can manage a top club successfully and return us to CL glory.
I really hope we get someone better but should we do sign Sarri I hope he proves us all wrong like Allegri - I remember most of the forum was against him as our manager yet he delivered doubles on a regular basis (but this year) and got us to 2 CL finals...

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It depends on the club...
Coaching City finishing 3rd and winning the EL is a failure as City can accomplish much better than that...
Coaching Liverpool finishing 3rd and winning EL is a failure (same as City)
Coaching Chelsea finishing 3rd (did you really expect Chelsea to get 97pts?!) while getting as far as possible in Europe - Yeah it is a success - If you cant see it you are blind!

Im not saying Sarri is the goat of coaches as obviously no one including Sarri thinks that way.. He is just not that terrible as you present him to be..

as for your Coppa Italia reference I wont even comment on it..
CL knocked out by Shakhtar - This is what I hold against him.. Definitely not something that should happen...

P.S Didnt we get to EL SF and lost to an inferior Benfica?! The best team dont always win... League wise its easier as 38 games are enough to clear errors and keep the gap between clubs as it is..

That being said I dont like his "champagne football" and would much rather have one of Pep Klopp and Pochettino...

- - - Updated - - -

FI seems to be confident about Sarri
And most of the forum had a massive meltdown about losing to Benfica you muppet. Of course it was a failure.

Chelsea’s season a success? Nah. Hence the reason they seem likely to fire this turd. They finished two points ahead of last season, scored 1 more goal, and have won nothing thus far. They achieved the bare minimum for a club of their ambitions. CL qualification (but not even slightly competitive for the pl title, a point total that wouldn’t even be a CL spot last year), and a successful campaign in the tinpot Europa League, while failing in the domestic cups.

Conte won the league two years ago, Mourinho two years before that. We aren’t talking about Arsenal or Spurs here. We’re talking about a team that has won 2 of the last 5 premier league titles and is the most recent CL winner in England and even if they have made poor purchases they have still spent a lot. They have greater ambitions than ~70 point seasons filled with embarrassing losses.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Momblano : pep for us is the favourite

Anyway sky put put another article where they say sarri is favourite but that doesn't mean he will definitely be the Juventus coach

They don't know a thing

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011

I don't want to say there is optimism but the Pep situation is now in its downhill phase, there is reason to believe it will get done

Paganini above basically said he knows everyone is saying sarri but for him a big name like pep is more likely
This is what I have been saying it's Pep or Klopp or at the least Poch it's in no way shape or form sarri. The thing I don't get is those on here believing the tripe. I get the anti Juve journalists pushing the sarri narrative but our own fan base resigned to it and now actively supporting it is nonsense

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I remember when Allegri was announced I fucking hated it, especially because of how annoying he was with the goal di Muntari incident but I got over it after seeing results.

I guess the same could happen with Sarri, the difference is this guy has no fucking trophies to his name. Nada. Is he really the best we can get??
Like winning a scudetto with Ibra-dependent Milan matters that much to you now? Allegri had no competition, he had the best squad so he won the scudetto. Then he lost to an inferior (on paper) Juve.

Sarri will do well here. I doubt he comes but I won't do any drama over it. His approach to football is good IMO, most people complained about the style, now we'll have something better. Our attackers will be actually supported now, should start to score for fun.

Allegri is no guarantee of winning trophies whatsoever. Every streak comes to an end eventually and ours would with Allegri if we stuck to him. It seems like the management saw that coming because there was no more stimuli and fresh ideas to continue. Five years is a lot, everyone could burn out in that period of time. Just let Allegri go and look into the future.

I still think it's between Pep and Poch. Sarri is just a backup plan.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Momblano : pep for us is the favourite

Anyway sky put put another article where they say sarri is favourite but that doesn't mean he will definitely be the Juventus coach

They don't know a thing
Well Agnelli is going to Baku so this is a clue but maybe he want us to try and steal Hazard or something like that who knows..

- - - Updated - - -

Like winning a scudetto with Ibra-dependent Milan matters that much to you now? Allegri had no competition, he had the best squad so he won the scudetto. Then he lost to an inferior (on paper) Juve.

Sarri will do well here. I doubt he comes but I won't do any drama over it. His approach to football is good IMO, most people complained about the style, now we'll have something better. Our attackers will be actually supported now, should start to score for fun.

Allegri is no guarantee of winning trophies whatsoever. Every streak comes to an end eventually and ours would with Allegri if we stuck to him. It seems like the management saw that coming because there was no more stimuli and fresh ideas to continue. Five years is a lot, everyone could burn out in that period of time. Just let Allegri go and look into the future.

Blue - Completely agree
Yellow - Not a guarantee..
Red - I really hope so..

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Yes, beating 4 time Scudetto and treble winning Inter is no competition. Allegri had a good team at Milan but nowhere near what you are making it out to be. This wasn’t some PSG in Ligue 1 thing. :baus:

I’m sure we shall score for fun like Chelsea did this year, with their 63 goals :lol3:

And seeing as Allegri won 4 straight domestic doubles, and 5 straight scudetti, pretty sure that’s about as great a guarantee of trophies as is possible. Unlike Sarri with 0 career trophies in 30 years of managing.

I’m perfectly fine with moving on from Allegri as we lacked motivation and energy under him these past two years, especially this one. But lol if we are moving on for Sarri.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Yes, beating 4 time Scudetto and treble winning Inter is no competition. Allegri had a good team at Milan but nowhere near what you are making it out to be. This wasn’t some PSG in Ligue 1 thing. :baus:

I’m sure we shall score for fun like Chelsea did this year, with their 63 goals :lol3:

And seeing as Allegri won 4 straight domestic doubles, and 5 straight scudetti, pretty sure that’s about as great a guarantee of trophies as is possible. Unlike Sarri with 0 career trophies in 30 years of managing.

I’m perfectly fine with moving on from Allegri as we lacked motivation and energy under him these past two years, especially this one. But lol if we are moving on for Sarri.
They actually improved on their 62 of last year but I do agree with you - Nothing is a guarantee...
His style might suit us and he will do great but it is also possible that he will fail and his "ideas" wont be implemented to perfection..

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I remember when Allegri was announced I fucking hated it, especially because of how annoying he was with the goal di Muntari incident but I got over it after seeing results.

I guess the same could happen with Sarri, the difference is this guy has no fucking trophies to his name. Nada. Is he really the best we can get??
Except he was right.

Sarri complains and makes frivolous excuses just for the sake of making them.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
They actually improved on their 62 of last year but I do agree with you - Nothing is a guarantee...
His style might suit us and he will do great but it is also possible that he will fail and his "ideas" wont be implemented to perfection..
Improved by 1 goal. Big improvement. :lol2:

Still a little ways down from "super, ultra-defensive" coach Conte's first season there with 85 goals. But Sarri is the offensive mastermind, right. :baus:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

Allegri's past doesn't matter within this context. As you already said yourself, the team lacked motivation, energy and was plagued with injuries. Exactly like his Milan that lost to Conte's Juve. He had to go. He was no longer a guarantee, otherwise he'd have stayed.

I still think it's between Pep and Poch. I refuse to lose sleep over Sarri though. If he managed to make Napoli punch above their weight and play well, he can do it here too. Our squad is much better than Chelsea's, there's room for optimism. He might be a smoking-bum but I don't give a fuvk about it tbh. Many here want Mourinho who is a sore loser living in the past. Now that's a classy coach :tup:

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I believe that there is going to be a merry-go-round with a number of managers and it's probably been set already but we have to wait for the process to begin. Nobody would take such a risk of starting the season with a total bum manager, I believe Juventus have their man already. I want to see Inzaghi here, I'm all for a diamond in the rough manager like Allegri and Conte. Beyond having excellent squads, I appreciate good management with crap teams because they're the ones that become the best. I'll always respect Mourinho more than Pep because he did great things with the underdogs. Pep falls short with the favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)