Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Sarri over Pep anyday. He will revolutionize our playing style with deep inside knowledge of Italian football which Pep lacks. Sarri took a shitty Chelsea to 3rd and European final so imagine what he can do with CR7, Dybala, Pjanic, Kean and Berna at his hands?

Any Juve fan opposing this should join Allegri at the airport.
i genuinely cannot tell if this is sarcasm or not

why the fuck do we need a deep knowledge of Italian Football
What has Sarri done with this deep knowledge, he has won 0 in his whole Career
Pep has won the league in Spain, Germany and England, did he have the deep knowledge????
Where is Sarri's deep knowledge of the Champions League

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Sarri over Pep anyday. He will revolutionize our playing style with deep inside knowledge of Italian football which Pep lacks. Sarri took a shitty Chelsea to 3rd and European final so imagine what he can do with CR7, Dybala, Pjanic, Kean and Berna at his hands?

Ah yes the Europa league what a massively competitive competition. Where they will play a poor Arsenal team in the final after beating the European powerhouses of BATE, MOL Vidi, PAOK, Dinamo Kiev, Slavia Prague and Frankfurt (on penalties).

What an awful Chelsea team he took into 3rd place (two points from 5th) that consisted of Hazard, Kante, Willian, Rudiger, Azpilicueta, Jorginho, Kepa. With largely the same core of players that Conte won the league with 2 seasons before.

Pep also played in Italy for three seasons, I'm pretty sure he has enough of an understanding of Italian football. Why does he need more? Did he have a deep understanding of English and German football before joining?

Last edited:

Gabigol

Jul 6, 2018
Pep also played in Italy for three seasons, I'm pretty sure he has enough of an understanding of Italian football.
You should know the difference between playing and managing. Italian football is too rigid for pure Pepball but Sarri's version is perfectly adjusted for Serie A and just as good. Why bother trying to adapt to Italian football for a season when there is a coach that has a proven possesion system and need no adjusting?

Karna

May 17, 2019

Teams managed

1990–1991 Stia
1991–1993 Faellese
1993–1996 Cavriglia
1996–1998 Antella
1998–1999 Valdema
1999–2000 Tegoleto
2000–2003 Sansovino
2003–2005 Sangiovannese
2005–2006 Pescara
2006–2007 Arezzo
2007 Avellino
2008 Hellas Verona
2008–2009 Perugia
2010 Grosseto
2010–2011 Alessandria
2011–2012 Sorrento
2012–2015 Empoli
2015–2018 Napoli
2018– Chelsea

Honours

Empoli
Serie B runner-up: 2013–14

Chelsea
EFL Cup runner-up: 2018–19

GUEST_bbd9e96e-3299-4534-8de0-8ae70ff40f45?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg.jpg

:sergio:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
You should know the difference between playing and managing. Italian football is too rigid for pure Pepball but Sarri's version is perfectly adjusted for Serie A and just as good. Why bother trying to adapt to Italian football for a season when there is a coach that has a proven possesion system and need no adjusting?
I want to win titles not play proven Sarriball.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
:agree: i would have had no problem in replacing him with another World Class manager, but i wouldn't replace him with a downgrade, or just get rid of him for the sake of change, i dont know if the board thought they had someone world class ready as a replacement and that fell through, or if they just decided to get rid of him, not thinking of a replacement
It could be that they want to change the style of play and will only appoint managers who play proactive attacking football from now on and Sarri I guess is a good start to the process

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Because to go up a level in quality you sometimes need to change style and adapt. Do you seriously think that in two seasons we wouldn't be a far better team under Pep than Sarri?

We aren't looking to change Italian football as a whole with Pep, all he needs to do is change our style. Do you seriously not think a Pep style team would not be able to win in Italy because of the way the other teams play?

You talk as though Sarriball wouldn't require any adapting. It would be a huge change for us. If we are going to change why not do it for a manager who has managed to win a trophy at some point in his career?

Go ask Chelsea fans what they think of Sarri and his style of football. Look at his use of Kante this season. If they didn't have Hazard they'd have been well off the pace.

Reinhard

Dec 14, 2005
Pep finished his playing career in 2006, startet as Barca B Coach in 2007 and took over the A Team in 2008. Not much time between and regardless he became in this short period one of the best managers.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

:lol:

Nice trolling. And if not, prime candidate for mental illness. So much written effluvia in one post.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Keep on shitting but Allegri had a similar career path like Sarri before taking over Milan and Conte as well.
Except that those guys are 10-15 years younger. Sarri was 56 when he got the Napoli job. Allegri is 51. He was 43 when he got the Milan job. When Sarri was 43 he managed in Serie C2 a team called Sansovino.

Gabigol

Jul 6, 2018
Because to go up a level in quality you sometimes need to change style and adapt. Do you seriously think that in two seasons we wouldn't be a far better team under Pep than Sarri?

We aren't looking to change Italian football as a whole with Pep, all he needs to do is change our style. Do you seriously not think a Pep style team would not be able to win in Italy because of the way the other teams play?

You talk as though Sarriball wouldn't require any adapting. It would be a huge change for us. If we are going to change why not do it for a manager who has managed to win a trophy at some point in his career?

Go ask Chelsea fans what they think of Sarri and his style of football. Look at his use of Kante this season. If they didn't have Hazard they'd have been well off the pace.
Firstly, Chelsea fans are idiots. They are still shitting on Sarri even when he has zero support of their board and his players but still manage to succeed against the odds. Their fanbase is made up of mainly fat skinhead Britbongs and African 'experts' you see in the goal.com Facebook comments so we should not ask for their 'expertise'.

My problem with Pep is his football is too risky for Italian football. If he come here thinking Italian teams will bend over like in Spain, Germany, England then he is in for a rude shock. Serie A is the most tactically advanced league in Europe so Pep is going to need more than just one style to win in Italy. Remember Pep's first season at City when they look total crap?

Another drawback is Pep need quality players which requires lot of spending. The good thing about Sarri is he rather want coach the players he has at his disposal to learn his system than getting rid half and replacing them. The players we have aside from midfield isn't that bad so we don't need a scorched earth policy to achieve the ultimate desire

Gabigol

Jul 6, 2018
Except that those guys are 10-15 years younger. Sarri was 56 when he got the Napoli job. Allegri is 51. He was 43 when he got the Milan job. When Sarri was 43 he managed in Serie C2 a team called Sansovino.
I don't know where you're going with this? Milan hired Allegri from midtable Cagliari and won their last Scudetto. Let's not forget our most successful era kickstarted by a guy who managed in Serie B before taking the the job.

The point is Sarri proved himself at two massive clubs in two different leagues and can handle expectations. Seriously what is wrong Juve fans doubting Sarri's credentials?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I actually prefer Sarri to everyone else mentioned :D

I've celebrated 14 scudetti and I was left speechless after 5 lost CL finals. I fondly remember only 3 or 4 scudetti. The 5th of May scudetto, the one when Trezeguet scored a header against Milan, the first Conte scudetto and maybe one more. I sincerely don't care much about another scudetto won in a boring fashion. I'm bored of unsentimental Juve and pragmatic coaches. I want something different. Sarri could be a complete disaster, but he's different than the typical Juve manager and maybe some crazyness is needed to finally win damn CL. I want him.

This is exactly why you should want Pep, insanely different football to how Juve ever played, attractive, dominating, free flowing, very risky. BUT STILL CAN WIN.

Sarri ball is not even half of that, and he barely can win anything, yeah I would also take him over most of other mid level italian names, but it would defenitely be kinda giving up on serious title aspirations to hire him, it would be imposing attacking football, but zero flexibility and tactical know how to do the job done.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Honestly.... Forget about them knowing Italian football. Italian football is now a complete joke. We have not had one Italian team in a Europa league final for like what 20+ years? Juve has been the only team in the last 12 to get to the champions league final.

There are 4 English teams in both European finals. That has got to tell you something guys.

Honestly Italian football had progressed far less even on a tactical level versus the other 2 big leagues.

I would take Gardiola in a heart beat. Klopp too. Sarri is not the end of the world either but would prefer the other 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 395)