Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Reading comprehension

I said “in the last two years”
you still take winning for granted. with an ageing core and revamped squad every year, it's not too obvious, is it.

last year's league title was the hardest since this incredible winning cycle has started. 4th cup in a row? never happened before. winning the title practically in january? nothing special for the history books.

fucking hell, this thread.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Sarri isn't a bad coach, he's actually a pretty good coach, but some people are definitely overrating him.

People seem to have completely different standards for those who play the kind of football they so very much value.
Overrating how. You have a couple of people saying he is a good coach, but with obvious weaknesses, and you have a couple of people wanting him to try something completely different.
If anything he is underrated at this forum, with the majority calling him a turd and putting up doomsday scenarios.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
We're stuck in a weird spot though? Nobody wanted to keep Allegri, Pep isn't a possibility and Inzaghi/Sinisa/Di Francesco are not good enough. Which basically leaves Sarri who kinda ticks all the boxes when it comes to playing style, recent success and something different from Allegri.

And yes, Sarri wasn't liked here because of his time with Napoli but then again not like Allegri was liked over here after his time at Milan. And I'm not going to disagree on hiring him because the man wears a tracksuit or smokes..

Also, seems like his players really love him and speak fondly of him.
So Sarri ticks the recent success box with his 3rd, 2nd and 3rd place in his last 3 seasons and a CL elimination in a group with Shakhtar but Allegri doesn't with his 3 titles, 2 Coppas, CL final and 2 1/4 finals?

Does anybody actually think he'll win us the CL? :rofl:

The best we can hope for is a 1/4 final if we are lucky with the draw. The only improvement will be that he'll make us appreciate Seria A more by making it seem difficuly again. That is if he wins it..

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Just curious,let's say Pep is coming.

Then why the hell:
1.Pep himself would explicitly say: (Quotes)

In March:
“I have two more years on my contract and moving is impossible unless they sack me”
“I will stay two more years, or more. I’m not going to Juventus in the next two seasons.”

In May:
"How many times do I have to say? I'm not going to move to Turin, to Italy, I am satisfied working with this club, with the people here. That is how I feel today, but football changes a lot."
"Next season may not be so good, but I am going to be manager of Manchester City".

He might have the door left open with the underlined part,but common he could have just said:
"no comment about my future"or the usual stuff like "i'm happy here" or something.But going explicitly on the record like this by denying that he'll leave?

He will look bad & like a complete lier if he does comes over. wouldn't he?

2.This City boad Galassi guy will look a complete fool and be a joke if Pep comes here.
Again, he just said too much.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Just curious,let's say Pep is coming.

Then why the hell:
1.Pep himself would explicitly say: (Quotes)

In March:
“I have two more years on my contract and moving is impossible unless they sack me”
“I will stay two more years, or more. I’m not going to Juventus in the next two seasons.”

In May:
"How many times do I have to say? I'm not going to move to Turin, to Italy, I am satisfied working with this club, with the people here. That is how I feel today, but football changes a lot."
"Next season may not be so good, but I am going to be manager of Manchester City".

He might have the door left open with the underlined part,but common he could have just said:
"no comment about my future"or the usual stuff like "i'm happy here" or something.But going explicitly on the record like this by denying that he'll leave?

He will look bad & like a complete lier if he does comes over. wouldn't he?

2.This City boad Galassi guy will look a complete fool and be a joke if Pep comes here.
Again, he just said too much.
People are in denial. They wanted Allegri gone but hadn't calculated even one move ahead. Now they realise we are going to be stuck with some peasant.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
People are in denial. They wanted Allegri gone but hadn't calculated even one move ahead. Now they realise we are going to be stuck with some peasant.
I thought it was the right time for Allegri to go, but I honestly thought we’d do it only if we had a Guardiola (or similar) coach in hand. Seems like we don’t. And now we are left scrambling for peasants like Sarri or good, but totally untested guys like Inzaghi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)