New Juve coach: Part Deux (6 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmoX

Mar 18, 2019
Agree but he never played tiki taka either, it was a well balanced team from defense to attack, that knew when to sit and absorb pressure, when to come out and press and when to take over the game. What i wanted to say with that post is that this other high tempo style had more impact on transforming teams than Peps style, becuase i fail to see a single team trying to immitate his barcelona.
Well doing Pep's style involves having highly technical players, not everyone has those. Xavi, Iniesta, Messi etc will never get replicated.
But everyone with good enough players can replicate high intensity, high pressure, when to attack, when to absorb type of game.

Pep's game might not be super high intensity but I actually prefer its style. He focuses on his players, his team, I like that. He won 2 out of 3 league titles in the most competitive league with that style.

In the CL, it's all about what you do in the single game. Pep came unprepared a couple of times (Real 2014, Monaco 2016, Pool 2018) but the other times he just didn't have any luck (Atletico 2016, Spurs 2019) a bit of luck in those games and he would've probably won a CL 2 times more.

It's bound to happen. City has a fairly young squad as well, so they lacked some experience. If he stays at City he'll probably win 1-2 CLs in the next 5 years imo.

But hopefully he signs with us. We have a good mix of experience and young players. We would be similar to Bayern 2013-2016.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
You dont respond at all, thats what im saying. Youre yet to bring up a single argument why Inzaghi sucks
There is no argument to be had. When you go from allegri to inzaghi that's not a step up, not even a sideways move it's a downgrade. I had already explained this elsewhere but since its somehow my fault that I dont reply to your responses right away because I have a life and a day job, but just for you I'll explain it again. At least when we hired allegri he had already had success winning the league, and some form in the CL. Inzaghi meanwhile had been nothing but an embarrassment in the EL and dont even try and defend him not when atalanta have surpassed Lazio's form in the EL yet their squad pound for pound is arguably less talented than lazio's. It's funny how there are members who are more prepared to have inzaghi as our next manager than say someone proven at the highest level like pep.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Imaging stanning Conte lolllll never.

Allegris offensive tactics have always been boring. It’s like an amateur on fifa that just plays it out wide and presses the turbo button before crossing it into the box.

CosmoX

Mar 18, 2019
Please. Zidane also played nothing like tiki taka, and was much more of a pragmatic, solid organization in the middle and back, and be ruthless and clinical in attack, then some tiki-taka ball dominant, or gung-ho high press team.

And Allegri’s teams were fantastic to watch his first 3 seasons here, including in the realm of coherent passing and attacking movements. A very poor season this year, and an average one last year doesn’t change that.
Fantastic to watch? We played some nice games but we were never fantastic to watch. We were pragmatic. Didn't play super well, didn't play bad.

And yes having shit seasons does change that. Why? We completely and utterly choked away the CL final in 2017. That second half was one of the most embarrassing displays in a CL final, ever. We had a good season that year but with those 45 minutes Allegri deserved to be sacked right there and then.

He wasn't sacked going into 17/18 and we regressed overall. Some good, some bad matches. Then we go into 18/19 and the team regressed completely. We played some horrendous matches this year both at home and away. There were entire halves where we couldn't string two passes together, literally. Getting dominated by the likes of Lazio, Atalanta, Napoli, Roma, Ajax.

His cycle was finished. You usually improve season by season. We didn't.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
There is no argument to be had. When you go from allegri to inzaghi that's not a step up, not even a sideways move it's a downgrade. I had already explained this elsewhere but since its somehow my fault that I dont reply to your responses right away because I have a life and a day job, but just for you I'll explain it again. At least when we hired allegri he had already had success winning the league, and some form in the CL. Inzaghi meanwhile had been nothing but an embarrassment in the EL and dont even try and defend him not when atalanta have surpassed Lazio's form in the EL yet their squad pound for pound is arguably less talented than lazio's. It's funny how there are members who are more prepared to have inzaghi as our next manager than say someone proven at the highest level like pep.
Allegri was a disaster according to you though, so youre probably not the right person to give input on coaches, especially not ones faultless Paratici himseld recommended. Inzaghi has won the most trophies in Italy after Allegri the last 5 years, at the helm of Lazio, not Milan/inter/Roma/Napoli. He has produced consistent results in the league as well. Embarassment in EL? He passed the GS both seasons, went out vs Salzburg one year (same Salzburg that eliminated Dortmund prior), and that is the one underachievement you can attribute him. Went out to Sevilla this year, or you expected Lazio to beat them? 2 coppa finals (won one), one coppa SF, in 3 years. Beat us for the supercoppa. There is not a single thing you can hold against him other than the Salzburg loss, yet you make him into a Mihajlovic tier coach because of that alone.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Fantastic to watch? We played some nice games but we were never fantastic to watch. We were pragmatic. Didn't play super well, didn't play bad.

And yes having shit seasons does change that. Why? We completely and utterly choked away the CL final in 2017. That second half was one of the most embarrassing displays in a CL final, ever. We had a good season that year but with those 45 minutes Allegri deserved to be sacked right there and then.

He wasn't sacked going into 17/18 and we regressed overall. Some good, some bad matches. Then we go into 18/19 and the team regressed completely. We played some horrendous matches this year both at home and away. There were entire halves where we couldn't string two passes together, literally. Getting dominated by the likes of Lazio, Atalanta, Napoli, Roma, Ajax.

His cycle was finished. You usually improve season by season. We didn't.
Lol. We were fantastic to watch from 14-15 to 16-17. That’s my opinion. It’s also the opinion of others. Just because a few millennial babies think pragmatic football has to be ugly, doesn’t mean it actually is.

And yes, his cycle has finished, but revisionist nonsense now about his time here is completely stupid. He was a brilliant coach for us and a legend now. You trying to make out that the last two seasons mean he was always mediocre is rather amusing.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Allegri was a disaster according to you though, so youre probably not the right person to give input on coaches, especially not ones faultless Paratici himseld recommended. Inzaghi has won the most trophies in Italy after Allegri the last 5 years, at the helm of Lazio, not Milan/inter/Roma/Napoli. He has produced consistent results in the league as well. Embarassment in EL? He passed the GS both seasons, went out vs Salzburg one year (same Salzburg that eliminated Dortmund prior), and that is the one underachievement you can attribute him. Went out to Sevilla this year, or you expected Lazio to beat them? 2 coppa finals (won one), one coppa SF, in 3 years. Beat us for the supercoppa. There is not a single thing you can hold against him other than the Salzburg loss, yet you make him into a Mihajlovic tier coach because of that alone.
How many times during allegri's reign did I praise the guy? Love how you forget that simple fact. Ultimately he had to go, we need a fresh approach that's not hard to believe, that's not to say I hate the guy or in any way unappreciative of his success here. Seriously stop making shit up and being selective with your reading it's not the first time neither and its fucking irritating

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
How many times during allegri's reign did I praise the guy? Love how you forget that simple fact. Ultimately he had to go, we need a fresh approach that's not hard to believe, that's not to say I hate the guy or in any way unappreciative of his success here. Seriously stop making shit up and being selective with your reading it's not the first time neither and its fucking irritating
Exactly what i mean. You didnt respond to a single point, but you will come back tomorrow to tell us all how shit Inzaghi is. Classic Badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)