Neven Subotić (2 Viewers)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Subotic for sure, i've seen most of his games on setanta this season. Really exciting prospect, I also think he made the right descision in choosing Serbia.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #7
    Marceℓℓo;1943430 said:
    Kjaer all day.

Like I already mentioned Subotic' second part of the season sucked so far.
    It's time for Subotic to step on the bigger stage.

I'm sure he'd shine here.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
    It's time for Subotic to step on the bigger stage.

I'm sure he'd shine here.
    Is it time?I don't think so at all.It's his first season in the Bundesliga and he didn't prove himself yet.His first matches were impressive,yes.After the winter break he wasn't as impressive as before and made a few mistakes.He got outshined by the young Brazilian CB Felipe Santana,who I rate BTW.

He should stay another season at Dortmund.He wouldn't be cheap neither.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    Marceℓℓo;1943436 said:
    Is it time?I don't think so at all.It's his first season in the Bundesliga and he didn't prove himself yet.His first matches were impressive,yes.After the winter break he wasn't as impressive as before and made a few mistakes.He got outshined by the young Brazilian CB Felipe Santana,who I rate BTW.

true that.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #10
    Marceℓℓo;1943436 said:

He has the potential so it could be late for us then.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
    He has the potential so it could be late for us then.
    Ariaudo has the potential aswell if you look at it this way.

I'm not against Subotic at all,he's just a little bit overrated right now and the chances that he'd cost us up to 15 m € are high.Dortmund and their coach Klopp will do everything to keep him as they spend 5 m € on him a year ago,that's much for a club like Dortmund.Subotic sees Klopp as some kind of "father",without Klopp Subotic would probably still play in America.He was the one who first brought him to Mainz and now they're together at Dortmund.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Marceℓℓo;1943436 said:

I admit that I haven't seen that much of Dortmund this season but whenever I've this dude he disappointed me and I can't understand why is he starting especially in a back three. Hes very slow, clumsy and lacks positioning.

subotic looked good in flashes but if we are buying a CB now then its to start. We have a couple of promising players, why do we need to go elsewhere to bring in a new defender. Legro and Mellberg can fill in the void for now imo.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
    I admit that I haven't seen that much of Dortmund this season but whenever I've this dude he disappointed me and I can't understand why is he starting especially in a back three. Hes very slow, clumsy and lacks positioning.

subotic looked good in flashes but if we are buying a CB now then its to start. We have a couple of promising players, why do we need to go elsewhere to bring in a new defender. Legro and Mellberg can fill in the void for now imo.
    Santana looked pretty insecure at the beginning but he is a pretty solid CB now,he'll always look clumsy,he's almost 2 metres tall FFS:D.He starts because the starting CB Hummels got injured.BVB play with 4 in defence BTW,always.I watch them week in week out.

Agreed on the second part.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Pametan neki decko. :D

Run before Andy and others come! :p
    Why? It's indeed a smart choice. With this new Serbian generation he will play in the World Cups anyway, plus he'll play at the EUROs. In the qualifiers he won't need to travel much and he'll get to play against strong European teams instead of travelling thousands of kms to play against some Caribbean islands.

And if he's emotianlly attached to Serbia more, then his choice is even more logical.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #19
    Why? It's indeed a smart choice. With this new Serbian generations he will play in the World Cups anyway, plus he'll play at the EUROs. In the qualifiers he won't need to travel much and he'll get to play against strong European teams instead of travelling thousands of kms to play against some Caribbean islands.

And if he's emotianlly attached to Serbia more, then his choice is even more logical.
    Yeah I agree.

I just said that because he's on Andy's black list right behind Rossi. :D

And if he is attached to Serbia just a lil bit I doubt he'd choose US after what they did to us.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Yeah I agree.

I just said that because he's on Andy's black list right behind Rossi. :D

And if he is attached to Serbia just a lil bit I doubt he'd choose US after what they did to us.
    He was born in Yugoslavia and lived here until he was 6. Then from the age of 6 tillthe age of 11 he lived in Germany and from the age of 11 till the age of 18 he lived in the USA. In the last 2 years he again lives in Germany.
    He lived 6 years in Yugoslavia, 7 in USA and 7 in Germany.

I don't see why would Andy be mad that Subotic didn't choose the US.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)