Nelson Mandela (1 Viewer)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
@linebreaak

well then why don't we start by holding egyptians accountable for all those people they killed building the pyramids?

i get what you're trying to say and why you think that way, but i disagree with it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Then what to do of the half-breeds that have happened in the generations since? There are a lot of people who have part African, part European lineage through mixed parents or grandparents of the lot. Do they pay half, and then pay that to themselves?

The whole thing is a can of worms.
As I said, an official apology from each of those governments is a start :)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yes, their grandchildren live in such wealth, partially due to the way in which thier ancestors exploited places like Africa.
Depends how far back into history you want to go. The world would be a lot different without exploitation, from the first human whole stole from another. Afraid it's in our nature.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
@linebreaak

well then why don't we start by holding egyptians accountable for all those people they killed building the pyramids?

i get what you're trying to say and why you think that way, but i disagree with it.
Because the Pharohs are not still around, but England, France etc, the recent Colonials, still are.

Australia for example recently apologised for their treatment of Aboriginals here. It might be symbolic, but it helps the healing process.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
idk, can't really blame everything that's happening in africa on the white man. just because europeans were there to take advantage of a broken system and people that were happy to sell their own to slavery doesn't mean it's their fault africa is the way it is.

the continent has a lot of potential but somehow they haven't been able to realize a fraction of it. idk if it's the heat or what but i know for sure europeans aren't to blame. that just sounds like an excuse to me.
You need to read white mans burden :p . Its the view that Zach was expressing before I ignorelisted his ass.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Because the Pharohs are not still around, but England, France etc, the recent Colonials, still are.

Australia for example recently apologised for their treatment of Aboriginals here. It might be symbolic, but it helps the healing process.
nuh-uh, the colonials who brought Africans over aren't around either. who's gonna apologize, barack obama?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
@linebreaak

Good point.

But the people in power in Egypt benefitted for generations from the slave labor of those who came before. And the Pharohs may not be around, but neither are colonialist generals for that matter.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
nuh-uh, the colonials who brought Africans over aren't around either. who's gonna apologize, barack obama?
So why did Australia apologise to the Aboriginals if it was their ancestors, and not them.

Why does Europe want Turkey to Apologise to the Armenians, if it was their ancestors.

Why? Because it means something, it's still a current issue.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So why did Australia apologise to the Aboriginals if it was their ancestors, and not them.

Why does Europe want Turkey to Apologise to the Armenians, if it was their ancestors.

Why? Because it means something, it's still a current issue.
It does, but it's also pretty hollow. People are still fighting wars and battles of our dead ancestors, and we're asking people to speak for one dead offending ancestor to a dead victim ancestor.

I appreciate the sentiment and all, but again it seems to do just as much to engender a victimization mentality where one's self-worth is invested in who's great grandmother suffered more than someone else's great grandmother as if it were some kind of contest.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Greg has the least sustainable point of view of all the people in here. Even R.A.Bs rant of muslims being the scourge of Europe is better than your fence sitting nothingness when it comes to subjects like these.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Accountable how?

I mean, did we ever hold Genghis Khan accountable?

History is littered with the victor and the defeated and the legacy they leave. It's not specific to Africa. Which isn't to say I am wholly against things like affirmative action in the US. But no matter what anyone does, you're never going to undo the past.

Generations of people get f'ed over by the rest of humanity and there's really no recourse in nearly all cases. Neanderthals being a prime example. Which leaves a little of debate to a cute thought exercise, but nothing that provides much more value than a contest over victimhood.
Studies in IQ says the colonizations are not responsible for the underdevelopement in Africa. The research is controversial, but very interesting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Anyways, it was Zach's high nose white supremacist attitude that annoyed me. All's good ;)
I'm not. I just point at the africa situation, and i kinda care about it, wheter this sounds unbelievable or not.

I see african people who put so much faith in these new regimes. But it always ends the same way.
I see the sexual assault charts, who are just a tip of the iceberg. I see all them cases of 13 year old girls pregnant cause the latest private militia took over some village and decided to rape everything that had a pussy, whilst they cut the troat of everything that has a cock.
I see fat fucking politicians, taking advantage of Mandela's good name, and come talk big like the fat fucks they are when the world cup was in south africa, whilst THEY were the ones who's greed and corruption held back the idealistic dream of mandela. The country of south africa could have been so much better developped if it wasent for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Studies in IQ says the colonizations are not responsible for the underdevelopement in Africa. The research is controversial, but very interesting.
IIRC, it had to do with the weather conditions and the kind of food, right ?

I read one of those studies, but that was a while ago

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
They basically says it's not true and use former Asian colonies as an example.
About the IQ they say Asian have the highest, then western countries and Africans have the lowest IQ (hence the controversial part). But they say it will change, like it did, when the western countries was on top.

I'm not saying I agree, cause this was just something I saw in an interview with one of the top researchers, but, as you say, food can be a huge factor, because the body will focus on how to survive and not about brain development. I also remember reading something about illness, but I guess it is the same factor.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
They basically says it's not true and use former Asian colonies as an example.
About the IQ they say Asian have the highest, then western countries and Africans have the lowest IQ (hence the controversial part). But they say it will change, like it did, when the western countries was on top.

I'm not saying I agree, cause this was just something I saw in an interview with one of the top researchers, but, as you say, food can be a huge factor, because the body will focus on how to survive and not about brain development. I also remember reading something about illness, but I guess it is the same factor.
I recall a scientific theory, that stated the main reason we developped to where we are now, compared to all other primates, is because we discovered how to boil our food using fire.
I think it said something specifically about eggs beeing a massive factor in that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)