Need advice on earphones (3 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
today i attended an organized headphone meeting and i had the chance to listen to 20+ headphones. none of them were cheaper than 150€, the most expensive one was this one with a price tag of around 1500€:

i can highly recommend the following cans:
- hifiman he560
- audeze el-8 (open version; we've heard the closed back version, too, which was nowhere near the open sibling)
- beyerdynamic dt1770

also, the akg k551 are very nice for the price. i've heard them before, today's meeting just confirmed how fun they are.
Nerd alert

Apr 15, 2006

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
The Audio Technica ATH-M50xDG is up for sale for about $150 (10000 INR) so I'm gonna buy that shit soon. Just waiting for my credit card guys to send me my free gift vouchers.

Happy Thanksgiving, bitches!

DAC? Which one?

Try this: http://www.klipsch.com/s4i-headphones
I wanted to get the ATH, but I just got a new pair six months or so ago. My wife won't be impressed :D

Apr 15, 2006
Just having a few listens with it, and I'm truly impressed. Even when compared to my Sennheiser HD 558.

PS: Technically, I got this headphone for free. I only had to spend for express delivery. These reward points sure came in handy. :D

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Paging @Nzoric. You got some recommendations.

I need:
- Around-ear headphones
- Indoor use
- The cheaper the better
- Not ugly as fuck

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Any recommendations for speakers for listening at home?

I just want something with decent sound quality and loud enough. I don't need them too loud, its more for listening in better quality than laptop than for parties.

Was thinking of this?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I'm looking in-ear headphones

any suggestions?
Conflicting philosophies on in ear headphones. To me the difference between a 60$ pair and 500$ pair is negligible as I only use them in public transport and on flights. Why use hundreds of dollars on something that is in essense uncomfortable to use? Sennheiser CX-300 or 500 is as high as I go.

- - - Updated - - -

I just want something with decent sound quality and loud enough. I don't need them too loud, its more for listening in better quality than laptop than for parties.

Was thinking of this?

That's too expensive for the need you're expressing. Just get a set of desktop speakers from Logitech or something if you don't need more than that.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Conflicting philosophies on in ear headphones. To me the difference between a 60$ pair and 500$ pair is negligible as I only use them in public transport and on flights. Why use hundreds of dollars on something that is in essense uncomfortable to use? Sennheiser CX-300 or 500 is as high as I go.
have you tried philips she3590?

they are super cheap and sound really good, certainly for the price

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

Was thinking of this?

I used to have this same Bose Mini bluetooth speaker and used to stream music/podcasts from my phone to it. I now have another one that I got from Amazon Basics which is far less expensive and works great.

AmazonBasics Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Red AmazonBasics http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JZVPC08/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_DwXywb1SG16QM via @amazon

Yeah I primarily use them during my commute and on flights. Thanks for the suggestion :tup:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
have you tried philips she3590?

they are super cheap and sound really good, certainly for the price
Nope, atm I'm using the shitty handset that followed with my galaxy :lol: I stopped caring about in ears years ago. Investing in my home stereo seems much more rewarding.

- - - Updated - - -

Check out the link I posted to Völler @ZoSo . This is how it looks when you fire them up :p

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/am8Egj9_460sv.mp4

Massive boner achieved

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I primarily use them during my commute and on flights. Thanks for the suggestion :tup:
No problem. What do you use at home?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)