Nedved Set To Retire (1 Viewer)

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
His manager (Raiola) stated, in an interview on today's Tuttosport, that the retirement rumors aren't true: Pavel will continue till 2008, but will quit with the NT this year.

Chiacchiererà pure di Nedved?

« E perché? » .

Sembra sia intenzionato a ritirarsi...

« E chi lo racconta? Ma dai, sono solo storie. Pavel continuerà a giocare fino al 2008 e andrà al Mondiale. E’ vero, invece, che dopo l’esperienza in Germania chiuderà definitivamente il capitolo della Nazionale » .

Ne è proprio sicuro?

« Guardi, magari ha cambiato idea dieci minuti fa, però non mi ha mai accennato a niente di simile. Del resto, chi conosce Nedved non può immaginarselo a casa, in pantofole, davanti alla televisione » .

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Mr. Gol said:
But he could still be important for the team, even from the bench. Ferrara barely played for the final three seasons of his career, but he still was great when he played.
Point taken, but my primary concern remains that he will be continually employed out of position if he remains here. Ferrara was always played in his natural position, and never let us down. Well, maybe Montero made him look good at times, but that's another issue. :wink:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
isha00 said:
His manager (Raiola) stated, in an interview on today's Tuttosport, that the retirement rumors aren't true: Pavel will continue till 2008, but will quit with the NT this year.
fuuuf huge relaxation

Thanx

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
He must stay with us at least for one season. Despite all situations, and his play out of his position he is still good, my only concern is that he is losing nerves in last few matches. But Pavel is Pavel if he goes we definitly gonna miss him. He still can make impact on the game no matter is he in starting XI or on the bench.

For example look at the Scholl in Bayern, coming from the bench and scoring goals and making some good actions. And i can bet that Pavel is better.

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
isha00 said:
Ah, good news:agree: :agree: :cool: :D

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
isha00 said:
Never trust Mino Raiola, the man has never said a true word in his life.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Nedved's Farewell International Shot

PRAGUE, Czech Republic - Some of soccer's elite players consider the World Cup more than just a sporting event. They believe it can also change their lives.

So Pavel Nedved, who seemed to say goodbye to international soccer in 2004, is back on the world stage, ready for the World Cup.

It sure didn't look likely two years ago.

"It's for good," the Juventus star midfielder said resolutely when he announced his international retirement back then, citing a recurrent knee injury that did not allow him to play for both club and country.

His decision came just a couple of months after he captained the Czechs to the semifinals of the European Championship. It surprised many, including Czech national coach Karel Bruckner.

Nedved's retirement severely weakened the Czech squad just as it also was depleted by injuries. The Czechs, ranked second in the world, were struggling throughout the 2006 World Cup qualifying campaign.

Needed by his nation — with the World Cup's special attraction playing a role — it was the right time for Nedved to change his mind and help, saying the motivation to advance was "huge."

He was not alone in such a turnaround. Some other big stars came out of retirement to help their countries qualify, including France's Zinedine Zidane, and Trinidad and Tobago's Dwight Yorke, who helped Manchester United win the Champions League in 1999.

Czechoslovakia, which split into the Czech Republic and Slovakia in 1993, played in the World Cup several times, but the Czech Republic had never qualified. It secured a playoff spot this time, then beat Norway for a berth in the tournament.

Following the successful playoff, which he called "a great fantasy," the 33-year-old Nedved — Europe's best player three years ago — is expected to be the playmaker for the Czechs in Germany.

"He's the leader," Bruckner said about Nedved, stressing his undying "thirst for winning."

"He's a winning character," the coach added.

"The World Cup is the most one can achieve in soccer," Nedved said. "It's the career's culmination for everyone. It's not important to win, just to participate is something extraordinary.

"I belong to the veterans and I had thought I would never ... play at the World Cup. Now, I'm extremely happy that we're not a lost generation and will take part
."

Nedved and attacking midfielders Karel Poborsky and Vladimir Smicer are the last three veterans who were on the Czech team that staged an upset at Euro '96, reaching the final. Their brilliant performances then earned them places in lineups of leading European clubs, including FC Liverpool and Manchester United.

Nedved moved to Lazio from Sparta Prague in 1996 in a transfer that elevated him to star status in European soccer. He helped the Rome-based club to victories in the Italian Cup in 1998 and the European Winners' Cup in 1999.

Lazio clinched the Italian League and Cup double the following season and Nedved, the club's best player, transferred to Juventus in a deal worth $51.2 million in 2001.

Nedved's combative attitude and determination, accompanied by brilliant ball and passing skills and lethal long-range shooting, made him a leader at Juventus. He took over there for the seemingly irreplaceable Zidane, who had transferred to Real Madrid.

He led Juventus to the Serie A championship in 2002, 2003, 2005 and this season. He was instrumental in the Italian superpower's elimination of Real Madrid in the Champions League semifinals in 2003, but missed the final game due to yellow cards.

Now, he's determined to improve his 17 goals in 85 appearances for the Czech Republic and to fill a void.

"My dream still remains the same," Nedved said. "To play once again in a grand final, be it the Champions League with Juventus ... or the World Cup final.

"That's the biggest motivation for me that helps me recover from all injuries and troubles I've gone through
."

Associated press

--------------------------------------------------------------------

You'll be always a legend, Pavel:tup:

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
ReBeL said:
This is a very bad news...

I hope he'll play with us next season as well as making a good achievement in the World Cup...

Pavel deserves more than what he had...
Yes of course
2004 - missed the final because he was booked
2005 & 2006 lose in the 1/4 final

Dec 26, 2004
ReBeL said:

PRAGUE, Czech Republic - Some of soccer's elite players consider the World Cup more than just a sporting event. They believe it can also change their lives.

So Pavel Nedved, who seemed to say goodbye to international soccer in 2004, is back on the world stage, ready for the World Cup.

"It's for good," the Juventus star midfielder said resolutely when he announced his international retirement back then, citing a recurrent knee injury that did not allow him to play for both club and country.

His decision came just a couple of months after he captained the Czechs to the semifinals of the European Championship. It surprised many, including Czech national coach Karel Bruckner.

Nedved's retirement severely weakened the Czech squad just as it also was depleted by injuries. The Czechs, ranked second in the world, were struggling throughout the 2006 World Cup qualifying campaign.

Needed by his nation — with the World Cup's special attraction playing a role — it was the right time for Nedved to change his mind and help, saying the motivation to advance was "huge."

He was not alone in such a turnaround. Some other big stars came out of retirement to help their countries qualify, including France's Zinedine Zidane, and Trinidad and Tobago's Dwight Yorke, who helped Manchester United win the Champions League in 1999.

Czechoslovakia, which split into the Czech Republic and Slovakia in 1993, played in the World Cup several times, but the Czech Republic had never qualified. It secured a playoff spot this time, then beat Norway for a berth in the tournament.

Following the successful playoff, which he called "a great fantasy," the 33-year-old Nedved — Europe's best player three years ago — is expected to be the playmaker for the Czechs in Germany.

"He's the leader," Bruckner said about Nedved, stressing his undying "thirst for winning."

"The World Cup is the most one can achieve in soccer," Nedved said. "It's the career's culmination for everyone. It's not important to win, just to participate is something extraordinary.

"I belong to the veterans and I had thought I would never ... play at the World Cup. Now, I'm extremely happy that we're not a lost generation and will take part
."

Nedved and attacking midfielders Karel Poborsky and Vladimir Smicer are the last three veterans who were on the Czech team that staged an upset at Euro '96, reaching the final. Their brilliant performances then earned them places in lineups of leading European clubs, including FC Liverpool and Manchester United.

Nedved moved to Lazio from Sparta Prague in 1996 in a transfer that elevated him to star status in European soccer. He helped the Rome-based club to victories in the Italian Cup in 1998 and the European Winners' Cup in 1999.

Lazio clinched the Italian League and Cup double the following season and Nedved, the club's best player, transferred to Juventus in a deal worth $51.2 million in 2001.

Nedved's combative attitude and determination, accompanied by brilliant ball and passing skills and lethal long-range shooting, made him a leader at Juventus. He took over there for the seemingly irreplaceable Zidane, who had transferred to Real Madrid.

He led Juventus to the Serie A championship in 2002, 2003, 2005 and this season. He was instrumental in the Italian superpower's elimination of Real Madrid in the Champions League semifinals in 2003, but missed the final game due to yellow cards.

Now, he's determined to improve his 17 goals in 85 appearances for the Czech Republic and to fill a void.

"My dream still remains the same," Nedved said. "To play once again in a grand final, be it the Champions League with Juventus ... or the World Cup final.

"That's the biggest motivation for me that helps me recover from all injuries and troubles I've gone through
."

Associated press

:touched:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
ReBeL said:

."

."

Associated press

Ah great atricle, I can edit some for my Neved article

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
ReBeL said:
This is a very bad news...

I hope he'll play with us next season as well as making a good achievement in the World Cup...

Pavel deserves more than what he had...
indeed.
he deserved to be much more praised at least,but he is the kind of person who preferes his team to be praised,than him.he is a great person,and that's why he is a great football player too.

WE LOVE YOU PAVEL.NOONE WILL TAKE YOUR PLACE IN OUR HEARTS AND IN OUR TEAM.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Lilianna said:
indeed.
he deserved to be much more praised at least,but he is the kind of person who preferes his team to be praised,than him.he is a great person,and that's why he is a great football player too.

WE LOVE YOU PAVEL.NOONE WILL TAKE YOUR PLACE IN OUR HEARTS AND IN OUR TEAM.
Well, someone should take his place in the team otherwise we'd play with one man less.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Nedved says future depends on Italy

PRAGUE, Czech Republic (AP) -- Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved says his future in soccer depends on the outcome of the match-fixing and betting scandal in Italy.

"I haven't decided to retire," Nedved told reporters Thursday in Prague, where the Czech national team gathered ahead of its 10-day pre-World Cup camp in Seefeld, Austria.

"I'll wait what happens with Juventus and then will see," he said. "That's where my future lies. And the future won't be too long anyway."

Nedved, who was European player of the year with Juventus in 2003, turns 34 this summer.

He said he wants to focus on next month's World Cup in Germany. After that, "anything is possible," including retirement, he said.

Nedved said he was advised by Juventus not to comment on the Italian scandal.

"I have to say, I don't feel good about it," Nedved said. "The situation isn't good. So far, it's only allegations...they'll have to sort it out soon."

Nedved, who came out of international retirement to help the Czechs qualify for the World Cup in the playoffs, said he considered the United States a possible "dark horse" at the June 9-July 9 championship.

The Czechs face the Americans in their opening World Cup match on June 12 before playing Ghana on June 17 and Italy on June 22.

"I've seen (the U.S. team) play five times and I have to say it's a very strong squad," Nedved said.

The Italian investigation also involves alleged illegal betting involving Juventus and Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, who has denied wrongdoing.

According to media reports, Czech international Marek Jankulovski of AC Milan was under scrutiny in the betting investigation.

Jankulovski said in Prague that he knew his name was on a list of players published by newspapers.

"I'm not to comment on it and hope it'll be fine in the end," Jankulovski said, adding he has not been approached by Italian investigators so far. "I'm here to get ready for the World Cup."

Czech coach Karel Bruckner said he hoped the scandals in Italy will not affect his team's performance.

"That's not a problem for us," he said.

Brucker said he discussed the case with his players, and "it's over for us."

Associated Press
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20....czech.nedved.ap/index.html?section=si_latest

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this causes him to retire, that really will be so painful:cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)