Nedved Set To Retire (1 Viewer)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
This might be Pavel Nedved’s final season in his career, as according to the Italian media, the Juventus midfielder confided to some friends that at the end of the season he will retire and he will almost surely not take part to the World Cup.

Luciano Moggi has already found the perfect player to substitute the Czech midfielder: Joaquin. The Spanish star has been a target of the Old Lady for a long time and this summer the Bianconeri might make the final approach for the gifted midfielder.

In other transfer news, Palermo’s Barzagli is a step away from joining Juventus and an official announcement is expected in the coming weeks.

Goal.com

Nedved NOOOOOO!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Joaquin YAAAAAY!!!!! :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
This is a very bad news...

I hope he'll play with us next season as well as making a good achievement in the World Cup...

Pavel deserves more than what he had...

OP
Boudz

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    For the Azzurri's sake I hope he doesnt play at the World Cup but he deserves to play at the world's biggest stage, the World Cup should be his "Theatre of Dreams".

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    m_elayyan said:
    I hope he'll play with us next season
    But what would that achieve? He's getting on in years and his performances are going downhill, I would rather he end on a high (hopefully the scudetto still comes to Turin) and go out in a blaze of glory, instead of sitting on the bench next year for a CL trophy that isn't going to come.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    But he could still be important for the team, even from the bench. Ferrara barely played for the final three seasons of his career, but he still was great when he played.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Mr. Gol said:
    But he could still be important for the team, even from the bench. Ferrara barely played for the final three seasons of his career, but he still was great when he played.
    It takes a manager like Lippi to realize that.

Gene

Dec 10, 2005
    Jeeks said:
    It takes a manager like Lippi to realize that.
    very much agreed..

This is so sad Pavel always wanted to win the CL with Juve...

The pain that he missed the finals 3 years ago still haunts me..

Sep 28, 2002
    Mr. Gol said:
    final two seasons. we reached cl final in 2003 with ferrara at the heart of our defence ;)

Batigol

Mar 5, 2006
    i really respect Nedved, he is one of most beloved players. however, not going to to the worldcup is stupidity, he should go and play in Germany.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Fliakis said:
    final two seasons. we reached cl final in 2003 with ferrara at the heart of our defence ;)

Ayye.

It'll be such a mistake to allow him to retire, Ofcoarse It's up to him but I'm pretty sure he wont think of leaving the pitch If Capello will be Subs. Surely he's not happy playing under him....1-Not playing in his normal position....2-not giving the freedom he was given under lippi....many other things, I say keep him like we kept montero ferrara conte etc....a good subs atleast he'll be. I still have faith in pavel.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Mr. Gol said:
    True dat!

And Ferrara also conveyed a sort of captaincy from the bench that I think was really important too.

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    So this Jackoin is going to get the no.11 shirt ? Hes a right winger, mostly 11's are lefties!!..Unless Capello decides to play him out of position, ah I love it when he does that

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    I think his realised the reality which is we aint gonna win the CL, especially with under capello in charge and by the looks of it capello is gonna stay with us for a while which means its best if he does retire.. Forza Pavel.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    PhRoZeN said:
    I think his realised the reality which is we aint gonna win the CL, especially with under capello in charge and by the looks of it capello is gonna stay with us for a while which means its best if he does retire.. Forza Pavel.
    nah, winners don't think like that..

it's just his time to retire, that's all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)