Nedved reveals Buffon exit (1 Viewer)

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
Pavel Nedved has revealed that he could play for Juventus in Serie B next term, even if he’s announced that Gigi Buffon won’t be his teammate.

The Czech Republic ace has confirmed that he intends to play on after rejecting the idea of retirement, even if he’s unaware of what club shirt he will be wearing as a result of the match-fixing trial which may see the Old Lady demoted.

"During the week after our elimination from the Work Cup, I decided that I wanted to continue playing," Nedved was quoted as saying in Sport.

"I want to play for at least one more season, but I don't know if I will play for just a club or also for the national team.

“At which club? I probably wouldn’t want to end my career by playing in the Second Division even if it is possible that I could stay at Juve.

“I will return to Turin soon because the new club officials want to speak with me. We’ll see what they say.

"I love Juventus so there is the possibility of playing for them, even in the Second Division,” added the man recently linked with Monaco.

"But there are other options. I could go to England or somewhere else.”

Nedved went on to confirm whispers that Buffon, the best ‘keeper on show at the World Cup, is on his way out of the Delle Alpi.

"I have discussed it with Buffon. He told me he was leaving and that we would probably not play in the same team anymore," Nedved revealed. “I don’t know where he is going though.”

While Buffon is on his way, the former European Footballer of the Year conceded that Alex Del Piero would be remaining as a club symbol.

“I’ve spoken to Alex and I think he’ll stay,” he added. “He’s the main man at Juventus and they will not want to release him.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Byrone said:
Channel4 is not credible anymore,but i wouldnt be surprised if Gigi goes.
thing is byrone, its not just rumours, they've quoted pavel in saying this, i really think gigi is going

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
That he's going to leave is a insistent rumor in the media circle, according to Marcello Chirico, a juventino journalist (Il Giornale) who writes on j1897.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Serfaraaz to be completly fair, Buffon naver said that he was going to keep on play in Juve even if we go to Serie C... he said another thing wich the media transform it so it would sound like that.

OP

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #18
    Czech Republic midfielder Pavel Nedved has confirmed he will continue playing for at least one more season.

The Juventus star was thought to be considering retirement but he has now revealed he will definitely be playing club football next year.

However, the 33-year-old is yet to decide whether he will be putting on the Czech shirt ever again after their failure to reach the knock-out stages of this summer's World Cup.

"During the week after our elimination, I decided that I wanted to continue playing," Nedved confirmed in Sport.

"I want to play at least one more season, I don't know if I will play just for a club or also for the national team.

"The national team scares me a little because there is two years of hard work which will take us to Euro 2008.

"I will be 34 in August and I am not sure whether I will be able to remain fit. Health is the most important attribute.

"At present, I want to rest, I don't want to make any rash decisions as it will be an important decision.

"Before the start of the new season, I want to have a clear idea. I will set myself goals and motivation. Both of these will play a big role. Either I can cope with playing only for my club or for both, we'll see."

Nedved's decision may depend on whether current coach Karel Bruckner remains in charge of the Czechs for their Euro 2008 qualification campaign.

Bruckner's future is still in doubt after a disappointing World Cup but Nedved admits he would like him to stay.

"He also needs to have a rest, it was difficult for him," the playmaker continued.

"I have got on with him well. Yes, we have had some arguments but that's absolutely okay. That happens in every family.

"I have a great relationship with him."

Nedved has also confirmed he may have to leave Juventus if they are relegated to Serie B.

The Old Lady are currently under investigation for match-fixing allegations and if found guilty would most likely be demoted and thrown out of the UEFA Champions League.

"It is possible that I will stay, of course it depends on the situation," he added.

"There is a threat Juve could be relegated to Serie B. If someone wants to play for his country when playing in the second division, I don't know if that is right.

"To play in the second division at the end of my career, I don't know, I would probably not like it.

"I return to Turin ahead of schedule because the new boss wants to speak to me. We'll see what he comes up with.

"I love Juventus so the possibility of playing for them, even in the second division, is there.

"But there are other options. I could go to England or somewhere else. In this case there's a question if it was not too big a risk.

"It is not just about me, I would consider it, it depends on my family. My kids are quite old and it might not be right. But anything can happen."

Monaco have been linked with signing the Czech star and he admits the prospect of only playing once a week may interest him.

With age against him, Nedved is unsure whether he can continue to play twice a week and Monaco will offer him the opportunity of playing domestic football only.

"If you play once a week, your body can rest. It is much harder when you are playing in the Champions League."

Nedved also revealed that Italy goalkeeper and team-mate Gianluigi Buffon will leave the Stadio Delle Alpi.

"I have discussed it with Buffon. He told me he was leaving and that we would probably not play in the same team," Nedved said.

"I don't know where he is going, you'll have to ask him.

"I have also talked to [Alessandro] Del Piero, who has not been happy but I think he'll stay.

"He is the main person at Juve, he has spent many years there. They will not want to release him.

"It will all be decided after the World Cup final."

Meanwhile, Nedved has heaped praise on compatriot Karel Poborsky, who looks set to end his football career in the near future.

"I don't know if Karel will return to football," said Nedved.

"Everyone should appreciate that he has done a lot for Czech football. He doesn't deserve such critics.

"He is a big player who has always done the best of his abilities.

"If it were on me, I would order him to continue because I think he has the potential to continue.

"Karel says that it is extremely difficult to be playing and to do a manager's job, he has to choose one thing.

"I think he will be great manager and at the same level, he is still a great footballer."

http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/...id=367&lid=8&title=Nedved+to+continue+playing

OP

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #19
    Espectro said:
    Serfaraaz to be completly fair, Buffon naver said that he was going to keep on play in Juve even if we go to Serie C... he said another thing wich the media transform it so it would sound like that.
    that means camo zambrotta are not going to Stay at juve

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    That means that until any player said "I will stay in Juventus" from his own words and textually like that, we will not be sure who will stay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)