Nedved is Ballon d'Or winner (2 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
well fred, actually I DO believe I'm at least better than malaysia's coach in terms of choices for FIFA's award :D

I didn't say Henry is a bad player. I like him as a striker, very lethal. i just said I expected Maldini to get second. As good as henry is and how many goals he scored for arsenal, he didn't lead them to win anything. Maldini on the other hand is not only a great defender, but he's also part of a CL winning team which I believe should count a lot.

Don't take offense from my opinion, I dont think Henry is a bad player at all, he would win the ballon d'or / FIFA sometime in later years, but I just think Maldini would've gotten second, thats all.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Wow, did I start a firestorm or something here ??

My comment about wishing Nedved was Italian was more towards the fact that I'd love to see him in the midfield of the Azzurri

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Wow, did I start a firestorm or something here ??

My comment about wishing Nedved was Italian was more towards the fact that I'd love to see him in the midfield of the Azzurri

Nah, you didn't start anything. Don't sweat it. We knew what you meant, we just felt like getting some debate started.

Mission accomplished.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Get your facts straight and don't waste my time. I'm not pissed at you..I'm pissed at the fact that you have no point: i.e. you claim that since it won't change anything nothing else matters.
well...u have ur opinion, and i have mine. u can complain all u want....but dont deny the fact that nedved deserve the award. if any of milan player won it, and i think he remotely deserve it, i wudnt complain...but congratulate. bottom line is...u're just a bitter loser. be a gentleman for once in ur life.....

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++

well...u have ur opinion, and i have mine. u can complain all u want....but dont deny the fact that nedved deserve the award. if any of milan player won it, and i think he remotely deserve it, i wudnt complain...but congratulate. bottom line is...u're just a bitter loser. be a gentleman for once in ur life.....
Its not about opinions and I see you cautiously turned the issue 180 degrees and ended off on a high note to gather up some support hiding the fact that you made put your foot in your mouth.
Be an informed fan "for once in your life" and stop throwing garbage out of your mouth. Trying to play the knowledged wiseman when what you spew out labels you more the town looney. What are you smoking grandpa? A defender has never won the golden ball?? Your right: TWO DEFENDERS HAVE WON THE GOLDEN BALL. And for your repetoire of high football knowledge maybe you should "dust out the brain attic" and re-load your data because a keeper has won it before Junior. (1963)
Sore loser? hardly, I'm just aggravated when I'm trying to debate with someone and suddendly come to the realization that they are a) making up facts or b) are just Johnny-come-lately fans.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003

A defender has never won the golden ball?? Your right: TWO DEFENDERS HAVE WON THE GOLDEN BALL. And for your repetoire of high football knowledge maybe you should "dust out the brain attic" and re-load your data because a keeper has won it before Junior. (1963)
r u sure bout junior? funny coz what i've got sez somebody else....
1973 CRUYFF (Ajax)
1972 BECKENBAUER (Múnich)
1971 CRUYFF (Ajax)
1970 MULLER (Múnich)
1969 RIVERA (Milan)
1968 BEST (Manchester)
1967 ALBERT (Ferencv.)
1966 CHARLTON (Manches.)
1965 EUSEBIO (Benfica)
1964 LAW (Manchester)
1963 YASCHIN (D. Moscú)
1962 MASOPUST (D. Praga)
1961 SIVORI (Juventus)
1960 SUAREZ (Barcelona)
1959 DI STEFANO (Madrid)
1958 KOPA (Madrid)
1957 DI STEFANO (Madrid)
1956 MATTHEWS (Blackpool)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
well fred, actually I DO believe I'm at least better than malaysia's coach in terms of choices for FIFA's award :D

I didn't say Henry is a bad player. I like him as a striker, very lethal. i just said I expected Maldini to get second. As good as henry is and how many goals he scored for arsenal, he didn't lead them to win anything. Maldini on the other hand is not only a great defender, but he's also part of a CL winning team which I believe should count a lot.

Don't take offense from my opinion, I dont think Henry is a bad player at all, he would win the ballon d'or / FIFA sometime in later years, but I just think Maldini would've gotten second, thats all.
Ok that is your opinon,but you dont watch the EPL.so you cant judge,as for the 50+ journalists they voted for Henry in front of Maldini and the 150+ coaches voted for Henry in front of Maldini.
so i won it there i guess sally.:cool:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
Ok somebody tell me this is a joke and there is a candid camera somewhere?
:stress:

Kaizer: Yaschin is one of the most famous keepers of all time :rolleyes: Its like your trying to prove me RIGHT.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

yes, there was a candid camera....u're the only one who noticed or dare to speak....:D :cool:

see, all those adrenalin for nothing.....:devil: but then again, u'd say i made things up wont u :rolleyes:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

yes, there was a candid camera....u're the only one who noticed or dare to speak....:D :cool:

see, all those adrenalin for nothing.....:devil: but then again, u'd say i made things up wont u :rolleyes:
oh no there wasnt a candid camera. you actually didnt know that yaschin was a keeper,and personally i am not surprised of that coming from you:devil:.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
so that means nedved has won four awards for last season. quite an accomplishment:

Czec Player of the Year Award
Golden Ball
UEFA Midfielder of the Year
World Soccer Magazine - Player of the Year

There might be other awards too, but im too lazy to look them up ;)

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
so that means nedved has won four awards for last season. quite an accomplishment:

Czec Player of the Year Award
Golden Ball
UEFA Midfielder of the Year
World Soccer Magazine - Player of the Year

There might be other awards too, but im too lazy to look them up ;)
What about Czech Sportsman of the Year ;)

Dec 27, 2003
Congratulations to Neddy for the Golden Ball I suppose.

Call me a biased milanista, but I still think that our Capitano deserved it more than anyone. I mean, here is a man who managed to put a disastrous World Cup 2002 aside, form the most impenetrable bunker in the World with his team-mate Nesta and receive the Supreme Continental Consecration (the fourth such trophy of his fantastic career) only one year after the nippo-korean travesty. All this at the ripe old age of 35.

But, as we know, the Golden Ball is traditionally very discriminatory against defenders, as only Beckenbauer and Sammer were awarded it since its inception in 1954 or so. It seems therefore that Paolo will have to suffer the same fate as the Great Baresi, who came second twice in the late 80's (albeit behind the flying dutch Marco Van Basten). But to us milanisti, he is still the moral winner. C'è solo il Capitano!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)