Nedved is Ballon d'Or winner (2 Viewers)

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
I'm glad Nedved got it.....it really made my day!

Even our local paper had a full page coverage on him....that's amazing!!:eek:

BTW....Sergio, ever considered using your old avatar for this Golden Ball period???:D:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by eringi ] ++

So PLEASE DON'T SPOIL NEDVED's PARTY BY COMPLAINING ABOUT ITALIANS NOT WINNING IT because this is about Nedved and for us it is about Juventus and i don't think only Italians in Juve should win this award.
Yeah ok thanks for your voice of reason but if I want to give my opinion I'll do it and will continue to. This is a forum where ideas on football is discussed. This is the biggest football award and I really don't see why everyone should just agree and nod in solidarity. WTF? Your asking people not to critique and offer opinions?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Wait...so..there really are people who DON'T believe Nedved deserves the Ballon d'Or? That's just insane, I mean, this guy led a team to the CL Final and the scudetto all by himself, so what do you have to do to deserve the Ballon d'Or? And you stupid Totti, Nedved IS entertaining. And on a human scale he's definately a hell of a lot better than you!

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++
Wait...so..there really are people who DON'T believe Nedved deserves the Ballon d'Or? That's just insane, I mean, this guy led a team to the CL Final and the scudetto all by himself , so what do you have to do to deserve the Ballon d'Or? And you stupid Totti, Nedved IS entertaining. And on a human scale he's definately a hell of a lot better than you!

he was sittins on buffon's shoulders.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

he was sittins on buffon's shoulders.
yes...buffon was phenomenal for us. but that's just harsh on nedved, its not like he didnt do anything deservant of that award.....

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Meow ] ++
BTW....Sergio, ever considered using your old avatar for this Golden Ball period???:D:D

Ok, dear, because you aksed.

For a VERY limited time, I will revert back to my old Avatar, in honor of my pal Pavel.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++
Wait...so..there really are people who DON'T believe Nedved deserves the Ballon d'Or? That's just insane, I mean, this guy led a team to the CL Final and the scudetto all by himself, so what do you have to do to deserve the Ballon d'Or? And you stupid Totti, Nedved IS entertaining. And on a human scale he's definately a hell of a lot better than you!
Led the team to the CL final? On last ditch goals by defenders. On miracle saves by Buffon and on receiving two yellows and missing the final. On losing twice to Man U and making it past the second group thanks to the weak group and not "Neddy". If anyone deserves it its Buffon. Buffon carried the team through the mud, Buffon held on enough till they had to rely on players like Tudor to come through and Buffon watched as they couldn't get it done for 120 minutes and while they couldn't get the job done he had to and then some. Then when some players refused to take penalty kicks Buffon was left for the firing squad and come through pretty damn good considering...

Totti-Nedved. Don't be so confident. No doubt Nedved had a much better season but I don't see Nedved in the same category in terms of class...Nedved is more rugged and not your classical fine touch player.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Led the team to the CL final? On last ditch goals by defenders. On miracle saves by Buffon and on receiving two yellows and missing the final. On losing twice to Man U and making it past the second group thanks to the weak group and not "Neddy". If anyone deserves it its Buffon. Buffon carried the team through the mud, Buffon held on enough till they had to rely on players like Tudor to come through and Buffon watched as they couldn't get it done for 120 minutes and while they couldn't get the job done he had to and then some. Then when some players refused to take penalty kicks Buffon was left for the firing squad and come through pretty damn good considering...

Totti-Nedved. Don't be so confident. No doubt Nedved had a much better season but I don't see Nedved in the same category in terms of class...Nedved is more rugged and not your classical fine touch player.
and your point is................?

whatever u sed, say, will say...it's not gonna change the fact that nedved got the award. yess, buffon was phenomenal (do i need to quote myself now?)....but nedved won. simple as that.....

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++

and your point is................?

whatever u sed, say, will say...it's not gonna change the fact that nedved got the award. yess, buffon was phenomenal (do i need to quote myself now?)....but nedved won. simple as that.....
Whats your point? I don't give opinions to change the course of history or change awards. Does anyone here post in hopes that things will change...no...you post because its a forum and you offer your take on what occured. What kind of a statement is that? You ask my point....Jesus are you serious..your basically saying: SO WHAT NEDVED STILL WINS..WHATEVER YOU SAY oR ANYoNE ELSE SAYS. So basically unless someone's opinion or critique can change the outcome they shouldn't offer an opinion?? Do you realize your point? If there is one that makes any fokin sense?

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003

Whats your point? I don't give opinions to change the course of history or change awards. Does anyone here post in hopes that things will change...no...you post because its a forum and you offer your take on what occured. What kind of a statement is that? You ask my point....Jesus are you serious..your basically saying: SO WHAT NEDVED STILL WINS..WHATEVER YOU SAY oR ANYoNE ELSE SAYS. So basically unless someone's opinion or critique can change the outcome they shouldn't offer an opinion?? Do you realize your point? If there is one that makes any fokin sense?
ohh....god! did i piss u off....? did i...did i.....:D:D i love it when u get all high-toned @me.....:devil:

what needed to say bout nedved has been sed ages ago. what he did for juve...for czech rep. yes, buffon was gr8 for us....but taken into consideration NT level....buffon was not as fundamental as nedved for his country. that's how they picked the winners. club+country.....

having sed that, NO goalie has ever won...no defender has ever won (some speculate bout italians, but i'm not gonna comment on that ).... so, never a chance for buffon or maldini.....

eringi

Jul 15, 2002

Yeah ok thanks for your voice of reason but if I want to give my opinion I'll do it and will continue to. This is a forum where ideas on football is discussed. This is the biggest football award and I really don't see why everyone should just agree and nod in solidarity. WTF? Your asking people not to critique and offer opinions?
1. No need to get all worked up about it man, i welcome all your opinions don't worry about that. All i am saying is that i don't think any Italians deserved it this year and YES INCLUDING MALDINI or BUFFON, maybe i shouldn't have said that people should stop spoiling Nedved's party.

2. I seriously don't think there is a bias against Italians, watch Totti win it if he has a really good season and Euro 2004. Totti himself just said that the only people that deserve the award are the people who entertain fans, that already shows you the bias of this award, it is not biased against Italians it is biased against defensive players hence there were no attacking Italian players who had a great season so that's why no Italians won it and out of all ,Totti has the best chance.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
You may have your opinions Incubo, but if you say that Buffon was more important for Juve last year I say you didn't pay enough attention. Nedved was by far our most important player last year, at times he carried the team offensively more or less on his own. Buffon made some crucial saves, but wasn't that crucial altogether. Our defence wasn't that bad last year.

Also, as people have mentioned, Pavel performed better for his NT. That also counts.

Some people are saying that Maldini should have got the award, I just can't see why. It isn't a lifetime achievement award.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++

ohh....god! did i piss u off....? did i...did i.....:D:D i love it when u get all high-toned @me.....:devil:

what needed to say bout nedved has been sed ages ago. what he did for juve...for czech rep. yes, buffon was gr8 for us....but taken into consideration NT level....buffon was not as fundamental as nedved for his country. that's how they picked the winners. club+country.....

having sed that, NO goalie has ever won...no defender has ever won (some speculate bout italians, but i'm not gonna comment on that ).... so, never a chance for buffon or maldini.....
Get your facts straight and don't waste my time. I'm not pissed at you..I'm pissed at the fact that you have no point: i.e. you claim that since it won't change anything nothing else matters.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
congrats pavel. i expected maldini to get 2nd, but henry got it :rolleyes:

and i agree with italian footballers being discriminated against. almost everyone hates italian football. how they're capable of hating such good football i do not know.

oh, and totti sucks. why should he win it? roma sunk low last season.

and im very upset pippo inzaghi didnt get the recognition i believe he deserved :D

btw, just now eurosport highlighted nedved's career at club & international level.. he was ever so humble to mention his juve teammates :touched:
well too bad that henry beat Maldiini in both prizes,and too bad Henry won the WC,Euro2000,2 con cups,1 EPL,2 Fa cups,and he's still got much more to give.
i cant believe the big difference.
sorry to tell you but Maldini is not better than Henry.

and you know the FIFA award,s system of voting,dont tell me that you are better than any of these coaches sally.
or than all these journalists:groan:.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)