Nedved, Ibrahimovic and buffon all injured (2 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Kovač and Big Igor had a good match last night. Robert in perticular had a fantastic tackle on Ronaldo.
as in Cristiano I take it? If so thats great - its frightening how easily he has it in the EPL!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++

as in Cristiano I take it? If so thats great - its frightening how easily he has it in the EPL!
No not Christiano, they were playing against Brasil yesterday.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
oh..

well ok its not so impressive then , but hey playing well against brazil is good enough for me - with all their attacking flair players.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
And the 2 pillars did their job well. Igor is still a good player, and ppl juz bash him for all those own goals he scored. Look at how he's performing nowadays.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He had a very good match at centre midfield. Surprised me with a few great through balls, some very good long passing.
That's good to know, I want him to stay with us.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I'd like to think we could trust Igor to be a world class player for us, unfortunately I'm always going to see him as a bit of a liability. I'm sure we turned down a £15m bid for him once as well :wallbang:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
TBH, before he got injured he was one of the best defenders in Serie A.
well, a lot of people share your opinion on that one. I mean it was great that we had such a free scoring defender and excellent header of the ball but.. I don't know he always looked a little clumsy and awkward to me when actually doing defending. Admittedly I ain't seen him recently but he was never tha good on the ball either, which you could do with playing in serie A

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++

well, a lot of people share your opinion on that one. I mean it was great that we had such a free scoring defender and excellent header of the ball but.. I don't know he always looked a little clumsy and awkward to me when actually doing defending. Admittedly I ain't seen him recently but he was never tha good on the ball either, which you could do with playing in serie A
Agree.But I can't forget all the good he did for us.He was a part of the great Lippi's team.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, now we can add Thuram to the injured list. I knew something was going to happen with him returning to the NT team again...why can't people just keep their word?

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Surgery for Gianluigi Buffon’s right shoulder this morning was completely successful. The arthroscopy performed by Professors Flavio Quaglia, Riccardo Minola and Roberto Ravera at the Clinic Fornaca was about 1 and a half hour long.

THANK GOD!

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++
Surgery for Gianluigi Buffon’s right shoulder this morning was completely successful. The arthroscopy performed by Professors Flavio Quaglia, Riccardo Minola and Roberto Ravera at the Clinic Fornaca was about 1 and a half hour long.

THANK GOD!
Great news :D

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Buffon eyes speedy recovery
Thursday 18 August, 2005
Gigi Buffon says he can’t wait to get back to full fitness after leaving a Turin clinic following shoulder surgery.

The Juventus ‘keeper went under the knife yesterday as a result of a dislocated shoulder he picked up in Sunday’s 2-1 loss to Milan.

Although he has subsequently been ruled out of action for the next three months, Buffon is in an upbeat mood.

"I’m feeling good," he told Sky microphones on Thursday. "Now I just need to get back to full fitness as soon as possible in order to play again.

"I would like to thank the fans for their thoughts and all of my colleagues who have phoned me over the last few days."

Buffon’s injury has forced Juventus to bring in Christian Abbiati, whose arrival has been welcomed by the former Parma man.

"I’m happy that he has come to join us," commented the Italian No 1, who is also widely regarded as the best in the world.

"He is a good friend of mine and has now been given a great opportunity to impress, one that he has deserved."

Abbiati has joined on a one-year loan from Milan after a pervious move to Genoa was scrapped following their demotion.

Buffon was also asked to respond to claims by medics that he would return better than ever. "Just imagine what I could turn into…" he smiled.

channel4.com

Forza Gigi!!!!

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

Yes,again the medical solution helped us...so let me change the comment:

THANK GOD and MODERN MEDICINE! :D

Forza Buffon!
Surgey time was certainly not excessive. Let's all hope he comes back sooner than anticipated. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)