Nationals again and again (4 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Iceland held Germany to a draw and still leads the group by 2, I guess Italy's draw at Germany wasn't all that after all ;)

++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
Yeah right, one of the least :rolleyes:
Are you refuting that? ;)

Nice win at Latvia though :cool:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Iceland held Germany to a draw and still leads the group by 2, I guess Italy's draw at Germany wasn't all that after all ;)
Italy didn't draw with Germany, they beat them :(:D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Take that tampropp, Martin and all you other Norwegians: Bosnia and Herzegovina 1-0 Norway :extatic:

UEFA.com

Norway's hopes of reaching the UEFA EURO 2004™ finals were dealt a bitter blow by Zlatan Bajramovic's late strike.

Late strike
Nils Johan Semb's side travelled to Bosnia-Herzegovina hoping for at least a point and the game seemed to be heading for a goalless draw when Bajramovic pounced with five minutes to go. Sergej Barbarez created the chance with a fierce shot which Norway goalkeeper Espen Johnsen could only block and Bajramovic scored from the rebound.

Home side start brightly
Bosnia-Herzegovina had started the brighter, carving out two openings inside the first six minutes. First, Johnsen was forced to produce an agile save from Hasan Salihamidzic's close-range header. Then, Barbarez raced down the wing and produced a fierce, low cross which produced havoc in the Norway defence, but ultimately proved fruitless.

Timid Norwegians
Norway, meanwhile, created little of note in the first half as the hosts continued to pile on the pressure. In fact, Norway's first opportunity arrived as late as the 43rd minute when AS Roma forward John Carew crossed for Roar Strand who headed wide. And although the guests improved in the second half, they never really came close to scoring.

Inactive Semb
The home side tired, yet they always looked the more likely scorers. The Norway coach waited until the 73rd minute before making his first change, Tore André Flo replacing Carew. By then, Bosnia-Herzegovina coach Blaz Sliškovic had already made two substitutions, Mirsad Bešlija and Mirko Hrgovic replacing Salihamidzic and Vedin Music, to freshen up his team.

Costly miss
Norway did create one final chance before the Bosnians took the lead with defender Ronny Johnsen heading wide following a long John Arne Riise throw-in and a Brede Hangeland flick. That miss proved costly, though, as Bosnia-Herzegovina scored the only goal of the game four minutes later through Bajramovic.

Happy Sliskovic
Bosnia-Herzegovina could even have added a second in stoppage time but Johnsen deflected Elvir Bolic's free-kick over the bar. Naturally, Bosnia-Herzegovina coach Sliškovic was delighted with the result. He said: "This is what the job is all about, not giving up, and I promise we will give our best to win the remaining two matches."

Danes in pole position
In the group's other game, Romania beat Luxembourg 4-0 to leapfrog Norway into second place, level on points with leaders Denmark. Norway and Romania have played a match more than Denmark, however, while Bosnia-Herzegovina still have a small chance to qualify with their nine points from six games. They play Luxembourg away on Wednesday.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
Take that tampropp.
Sure. Enjoy it.

I feel that the EC needs to be done away with soon now for Norway. Semb will quit, many players will quit, and we just need to start afresh. Playing games like today just isn't good enough. I've gotten used to the losing, the real pain is knowing that we could a humiliated teams like Bosnia if we only got our acts right. Why on earth do we still play the 4-5-1? Why is Steffen Iversen in the squad? Why hasn't Semb been fired yet?

We just need to start over. We will lose many great players, but the change will do us good, we will bounce back. I'm looking forward to it.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
@Stu: Thanks man, but we still need two more wins to have a chance to qualify. We'll most probably beat Luxembourg on Wendesday, which will leav us with a home game against Denmark, which I believe we can win. We beat them 2-0 away, and the last time they were in Sarajevo (96 or 97 I think) they lost 3-0 and they had a much stronger team then now (starting with Schmeichel and the Laudrups I think). That game will be do or die for Bosnia, and I expect the players to give thair hearts and souls on the pitch. I just hope Baljić will recover and that we wont get many injuries.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

Sure. Enjoy it.

I feel that the EC needs to be done away with soon now for Norway. Semb will quit, many players will quit, and we just need to start afresh. Playing games like today just isn't good enough. I've gotten used to the losing, the real pain is knowing that we could a humiliated teams like Bosnia if we only got our acts right. Why on earth do we still play the 4-5-1? Why is Steffen Iversen in the squad? Why hasn't Semb been fired yet?

We just need to start over. We will lose many great players, but the change will do us good, we will bounce back. I'm looking forward to it.
I'm just kidding ;)

And what do you mean you could humiliate a team like Bosnia? :undecide:

Bosnia have a far from bad team. We have good players who play in teams all around Europe, and on our day we can beat anyone. We are in no means a bad team, and we think we proved that with this win tonight and the win over Denmark. The only think we lack is a good coach, and a winning, stable mentality. We have managed to completely outplay teams like Italy, Spain and Germany over the last few years, and when we get our act straigt we can take on almost anyone in the world. :stuckup:

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
...which will leav us with a home game against Denmark, which I believe we can win.
You can beat Denmark, but you need to perform much better than today. I haven't seen Bosnia enough to know if they can do that. I think the Danes will win it due to a small number of factors.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

You can beat Denmark, but you need to perform much better than today. I haven't seen Bosnia enough to know if they can do that. I think the Danes will win it due to a small number of factors.
We already beat them twice, we can do it again. I dont think we played bad (altho I didnt see the whole game, I was at this party and there were a lot of girls and they didnt let me watch the game :fero: :(), we did have 2-3 chanches in the first few minutes. Also, I think Norway got a great deal of help from the ref, not calling two penalties and by prolonging the match for FIVE minutes!

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
And what do you mean you could humiliate a team like Bosnia? :undecide:
Maybe humiliate is too much of a word. But we should win comfortably.

It took me 4 minutes today to see that we weren't gonna win today. We just don't have the strategy/coach. We have no offensive plan. No plans at all actually. It is ridicilous too watch, it's supposed to be the highest level of football. It makes me sad, as people look at our team and get opinions. They call us boring and such. It hurts. I'm angry, and I'm sad. I'm also starting not to care.

Our manager will leave after the EC, and it will be over. Players who doesn't have anything to give will quit.

I just know that the team who lost 1-0 away to Bosnia and Denmark(not bad results at all) will be so much better than (unless we appoint a vegetable of a manager) and that makes me very optimistic.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
We already beat them twice, we can do it again. I dont think we played bad (altho I didnt see the whole game, I was at this party and there were a lot of girls and they didnt let me watch the game :fero: :(), we did have 2-3 chanches in the first few minutes. Also, I think Norway got a great deal of help from the ref, not calling two penalties and by prolonging the match for FIVE minutes!
I turned down two parties to see the match, man, what a waste.

The Danes have improved, and have better experience in these kinds of big matches. They will be a different opposition now.

The two "penalties" were never penalties, just see the replays. I'm not even biased saying that, it's simply the truth. I didn't get the five minutes though, definetely seemed wrong, yes. However, I feel that the ref was biased 60-40 towards the home team for the rest of the match. It's not important to win however, your win today wasn't very undeserved.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I still dont think you could comfortably beat us because, as I said, our team is not bad at all, it's just undermined by the FA which is completely incompetent and criminal.

Anyways, its better to be the underdogs sometimes.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I know that if we got to the EC we'd lose all of our games, but since we've never been in a great international competition before it would be a huge success.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002

Sure. Enjoy it.

You have changed alot since the last time I saw you post about Norway... or is my memory screwed up?

I feel for Norway, but it was a good result for Denmark. If we beat Romania we will win the group and hello Portugal! And we wont even have to worry about Bosnia :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)