Nationality debate (17 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Hmmm, maybe it won't be the best example but i'll try.

Lets say Arsenal are always second to Manchester, or at least always do worst than Manchester.
There is rivalry but most of the time ManU fans don't give a damn about Arsenal while Arsenal fans hate ManU with passion.

Then all of a sudden, Arsenal wins the EPL while Manchester have an old team.
Next year Arsenal start as favs but Manchester bought some kid who scored 2 goals in the opening round and brought them 3 pts.

Will the majority of Arsenal fans still hate Manchester and try to downplay the quality of that new guy in ManU? Even if Arsenal have the better team?
If i had two of the best strikers in the world, i wouldn't give a fuck about some young promising striker.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Croatia, Czech Rep, others. He travelled the world for a year or so. He's Burke's cousin so Burke would know better than me.

He went to Italy and I asked him how it was. He said it was better than Amsterdam, but not as good as the "eastern countries".
It's a matter of personal taste. I like Eastern Europe too, but i would love to live in Italy some day.

It would be cool to travel around the world for such a long time. He must have had a great time in his journey.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well it seems to be working, as i always trigger those little tantrums out of him.
I think what bothers people most is that given the tone he talks to people in, Seven also always says he's right. People hate being wrong most when they're being told by someone condescending. But to the utter agony of these people, he is actually right almost all of the time. :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If i had two of the best strikers in the world, i wouldn't give a fuck about some young promising striker.
But the majority of Arsenal fans? Don't you think they will?

Inter are the best in Italy but their fans still didn't like it when we bought Diego. They strongly hated Juve before Calciopoli. It was traumatic for them never to win anything and always to be beaten by Juve.
Now they are better than Juve but they still fear that the day will come when we'll become better than them again (actually, they know the day will come :D ).

If they had their newspaper and if there is some controversy regarding Diego, i'm sure they'll be the first ones to make a drama out of it.

Change Inter, Juve, Diego and Inter's newspaper with with Spain, Italy, Rossi and AS and you'll get what Seven has been trying to tell you.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think what bothers people most is that given the tone he talks to people in, Seven also always says he's right. People hate being wrong most when they're being told by someone condescending. But to the utter agony of these people, he is actually right almost all of the time. :D

Hubris at its best. Because he agrees with you most of the time then he's right?

When it comes to football, he really doesn't have a clue.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Hubris at its best. Because he agrees with you most of the time then he's right?

When it comes to football, he really doesn't have a clue.
I don't follow the football debates much, so I wouldn't know. He is right most of the time on other topics when I'm following the conversation though.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yet Martin sees nothing wrong with Seven's views on Xavi.:shocked:
If it were BD half the forum would be raging. Seven however gets a free pass.

I don't follow the football debates much, so I wouldn't know. He is right most of the time on other topics when I'm following the conversation though.
That's just because you follow the religion conversations mostly and you happen to agree with him there. Doesn't make neither you or him right. Surprising how confident you are of being right, almost bordering arrogance if you ask me.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
That's just because you follow the religion conversations mostly and you happen to agree with him there. Doesn't make neither you or him right. Surprising how confident you are of being right, almost bordering arrogance if you ask me.
Sure I'm confident, why shouldn't I be? Confidence is usually obtained by formulating a hypothesis and seeing it confirmed consistently. Either that or learning something new that explains some situation that you didn't understand before. Suddenly it all makes sense.

Should I not be confident just to make people feel better about themselves? Are you saying you're not confident in your opinions? If you lack conviction, why am I to blame for that?

In the case of the religious topics I'm confident about things I've never had any confidence about for the best part of my life. I've finally figured it out, you might say. So yes I'm confident.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
We do have that Ferrari kid, though.
Doesn't he play for Samp?

I remember him playing in some U-20 tourney and doing pretty well.

It's a matter of personal taste. I like Eastern Europe too, but i would love to live in Italy some day.

It would be cool to travel around the world for such a long time. He must have had a great time in his journey.
I'd love to travel the world. I'm so tempted to give up my Resource Management degree, take a Liberal Arts instead, and join the Peace Corps.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)