Nationality debate (37 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
@Hustini: then what do you think "mi sento italiano" means?

The jealousy has gone way too far. If that's really AS wrote, they're insane.
Yes i am sure they are dying of jealousy. I mean its not like one of their clubs won the CL, its not like their NT is the best in the world and just recently won the Euro's and its not like they have the best players in the world playing for them while Italy have Legro and a washed up Gattusso starting for them.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yes i am sure they are dying of jealousy. I mean its not like one of their clubs won the CL, its not like their NT is the best in the world and just recently won the Euro's and its not like they have the best players in the world playing for them while Italy have Legro and a washed up Gattusso starting for them.
:lol2: Jealousy of Italy by Spain at this point in time. That's funny.

Forza AS!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Andries, I still hate the player and can call him a traitor. You can't do anything about that.
Sure you can. I don't like fascist opinions, but that's me. If you just don't like Rossi, because he turned the USA down and because you think that affects you personally, that's fine with me. But saying that he can't and shouldn't play for the Azzurri is wrong.

I know. It's insane. They're still jealous of ONE player.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Italy is the World Champion, dude. Spain won the Euro, which was their first achievement almost of all time. Italy is the contender for every single tournament, Spain is the laughing stock.

Has one victory permanently changed this? We'll know soon enough. But there is plenty to be jealous of when it comes to Italy, they're one the top 3 historical powers.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sure you can. I don't like fascist opinions, but that's me. If you just don't like Rossi, because he turned the USA down and because you think that affects you personally, that's fine with me. But saying that he can't and shouldn't play for the Azzurri is wrong.
Never said he can't. Obviously he can, because he is.

One plus one equals two, Andries.

And Rossi is a traitor.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Be fair now, Fred.

Legro only started because the youthful defensive colossus that is Cannavaro was crocked.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Italy is the World Champion, dude.
This may not be known to a lot of people, but most Spaniards have some sort of a complex towards Italians. They don't really like Italians. Think they're too fancy and gay. The hate isn't going two ways though: Italians couldn't care less.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

I know. It's insane. They're still jealous of ONE player.

A player that wouldn't even be close to the starting 11 if he hadn't been Spanish. They have Torres and Villa, why in the name of blue fuck would they be jealous of fucking Rossi?

Don't get me wrong, Rossi is a good player and all. But he ain't much compared to Spains attacking duo.

Italy is the World Champion, dude.
Oh come on Martin that happened three years ago by a team that is now washed up. Spain have nothing to envy Italy about, nothing at all.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
A player that wouldn't even be close to the starting 11 if he hadn't been Spanish. They have Torres and Villa, why in the name of blue fuck would they be jealous of fucking Rossi?

Don't get me wrong, Rossi is a good player and all. But he ain't much compared to Spains attacking duo.

Oh come on Martin that happened three years ago by a team that is now washed up. Spain have nothing to envy Italy about, nothing at all.
I don't know why AS wrote that, but it's obvious that they have something against Italy. I mean, that is by no means an objective article. Everyone can see that. And this nationalistic bullshit (even though true patriots would argue that Rossi made the right choice) is pretty funny coming from a Spanish newspaper.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Italy is the World Champion, dude. Spain won the Euro, which was their first achievement almost of all time. Italy is the contender for every single tournament, Spain is the laughing stock.

Has one victory permanently changed this? We'll know soon enough. But there is plenty to be jealous of when it comes to Italy, they're one the top 3 historical powers.

Fact of the matter is Spain have a world class team now and they are the best in the world. Whether Italy have won tournaments in the far past is history now, Spain have nothing to envy Italy about now other than Italy's history.

But then again, Seven was saying that Spain envy Italy for Rossi. How is that in any way logical?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Hey, if you hate Rossi and think he's a traitor because he's Rossi, that's fine with me. As long as you don't think your general principle is correct. Because it's not. There's not a single argument you can provide. Rossi's Italian. Get over it.
Rossi's a traitor to US Soccer, dude. Get over it. He played ODP here.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Fact of the matter is Spain have a world class team now and they are the best in the world. Whether Italy have won tournaments in the far past is history now, Spain have nothing to envy Italy about now other than Italy's history.

But then again, Seven was saying that Spain envy Italy for Rossi. How is that in any way logical?
I'll tell you what's not logical. AS blasting Italy for Rossi. And who plays for Spain? Senna. Do you see it now? Do you see why people start suspecting that there are other motives in play here?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I don't know why AS wrote that, but it's obvious that they have something against Italy. I mean, that is by no means an objective article. Everyone can see that. And this nationalistic bullshit (even though true patriots would argue that Rossi made the right choice) is pretty funny coming from a Spanish newspaper.
Whether its objective or not is not the point now. The argument was about the conclusion that you drew after reading the article. Your conclusion was that they must be jealous of Italy for having Rossi. Which frankly just shows how biased you are against the Spanish.

I mean first C.Zanetti is better than Xavi, now Spain wish they have Rossi. Badass devil certainly has some competition now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)