Nationality debate (35 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I was born in LA, California but I come from Lebanese Parents, Lebanese blood and I was raised in Lebanon and I never saw myself an American just because I was born there.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I just noticed this thread was about Rossi. I think Americans should be proud of Rossi more than anything. Personally, If I see or know that there's someone that was born in Lebanon or even raised in Lebanon playing for a top team I would really be proud of him.

Too many Lebanese had the chance to play for our NT but took the chance playing for another NT where they have more chances of shining and it's their right and I was proud of them when they were achieving.

I could be wrong, or maybe because Lebanon is such a weak team when it comes to Football.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I just noticed this thread was about Rossi. I think Americans should be proud of Rossi more than anything. Personally, If I see or know that there's someone that was born in Lebanon or even raised in Lebanon playing for a top team I would really be proud of him.

Too many Lebanese had the chance to play for our NT but took the chance playing for another NT where they have more chances of shining and it's their right and I was proud of them when they were achieving.

I could be wrong, or maybe because Lebanon is such a weak team when it comes to Football.
Yes, i think they should be proud too. We have had few good NHL hockey players who played for Russia, because we didn't had a normal team. I always support them and am proud of them even though they have played for Russia.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yes, i think they should be proud too. We have had few good NHL hockey players who played for Russia, because we didn't had a normal team. I always support them and am proud of them even though they have played for Russia.
But not if they pick icky teams like Germany :yuck:

Pick Italy or France (this guy) or some other cool team and you're :thumbs:

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Well I think they picked Russia because Lithuania were part of Russia when they were growing up, and if I'm not mistaken they played in Russian league before moving to NHL.

Since you are from Poland you should know that our Baltic nations has strong ties with Russia throughout the history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)