Nationality debate (19 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
People on here are hypocrites for supporting rossi but not those that left juve in Serie B
Its apples and oranges.

Nonetheless, I understand why the ones who wanted to leave, did so, for whatever reason they may have had.

I guess I'm just so jaded with free agency in every major sport in the US, that it doesn't really affect me one way or the other, to be honest

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Rossi: " Sono milanista da sempre ei miei idoli erano Gullit e Van Basten." :D
"I've always been a Milanista and my idols were Gullit and Van Basten"

We're the only Italian team interested in him btw. But the money's a problem. If we don't sell Trezeguet than we can't even think about Rossi.
http://www.sportmediaset.it/mercato/articoli/articolo24434.shtml

I think that was a given going into all of this, as far as having to sell Trezeguet

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
I know that people here right now are obsessed with Rossi specially after last night's performance but personaly i wouldn't take him to Juve knowing that he'll be a direct replacement over Giovinco.

Rossi always showed that he had the talent ever since he's united's days and i had absalutely nodoubt that he'll turn out to be what he is right now but Giovinco IMO deserves to be on this team more than him.

Plus if what is said in that article that ahmed posted is "close" to the real deal then sending Trezeguet + 15 mil for Rossi is just a waste of money knowing that we have a similar talent at exactly the same age waiting for he's turn to play in the team.

Both Giovinco and Rossi played together in the azzurrini and both had similar impact in that team (at times Gio had a bigger impact).
u said what i want... but if we are going to play 4-2-3-1 as the main formation then get Rossi.....

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You knew this was going to happen

Spanish Press blast Italy and Rossi Tuesday 16 June, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a quite sensational attack, Spanish newspaper AS has called Giuseppe Rossi 'a traitor' and believes Italy did not deserve to beat the USA.

The Azzurri won 3-1 after going behind late in the first half to a Landon Donovan penalty.

Rossi then came on and changed everything scoring Italy's first and third goal to secure victory.

The 22-year-old Villarreal striker was born in America and lived there until he was 14 when he moved to Italy.

“They play bad, they don't deserve it and they win. Where is the story?” AS wrote in vitriolic fashion.

They described the Azzurri's performance 'as pallid as the new official Italy shirt.'

Italy apparently won because they had 'other virtues' and practiced 'the other football.'

AS praised Rossi, saying: “Thanks to him, Italy played with 13 men.” However, they also called him 'a traitor' and 'the latest Italian trick.'

“Rossi was born in New Jersey, the son of Italian parents. He lived there for 14 years and he is now 22,” AS wrote.

“As a child, he played baseball. He is more American than any other thing.”

To finish, AS likened his goals to patricide, the act of killing one's father.

Mar 30, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a quite sensational attack, Spanish newspaper AS has called Giuseppe Rossi 'a traitor' and believes Italy did not deserve to beat the USA.

The Azzurri won 3-1 after going behind late in the first half to a Landon Donovan penalty.

Rossi then came on and changed everything scoring Italy's first and third goal to secure victory.

The 22-year-old Villarreal striker was born in America and lived there until he was 14 when he moved to Italy.

“They play bad, they don't deserve it and they win. Where is the story?” AS wrote in vitriolic fashion.

They described the Azzurri's performance 'as pallid as the new official Italy shirt.'

Italy apparently won because they had 'other virtues' and practiced 'the other football.'

AS praised Rossi, saying: “Thanks to him, Italy played with 13 men.” However, they also called him 'a traitor' and 'the latest Italian trick.'

“Rossi was born in New Jersey, the son of Italian parents. He lived there for 14 years and he is now 22,” AS wrote.

Wow thats burtal. I think it is an attempt to turn all the bitterness over the ROnaldo/Kaka saga away from Spain? Anyway I can understand American dissapointment but why Spanish? Like really, they should be pleased with their own team finally ending their misery and embarressment. Italy are not even in their group. :lol:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
@Hustini: then what do you think "mi sento italiano" means?

The jealousy has gone way too far. If that's really AS wrote, they're insane.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Spanish media needs to shut its mouth. How do they explain Marcos Senna? He's less Spanish than Rossi is Italian. Just because he sucks doesn't mean he doesn't count.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
spanish ppl should first sort out their internal conflict with the basques and catalunyas which both want/wanted independance from spain and then talk about other countries, btw catalonia has its own national team http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalonia_national_football_team
and no need to mention bojan KRKIC (thats a spanish surname apparently :p )
who the spanish so desperatly wanted to play for spain and not serbia. he was born in spain but similar situation

forgot about senna, thx for mentioning it ze tahir

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

:lol2: It's for real, I thought you had written this yourself as a parody :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)