Nationality debate (13 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Why is it so hard to find a home for gio? No one seems to know what his definitive position would be...striker, dp sub, winger, amc, lamc, etc....where exactly does he belong?

@semprejuve: messi is left footed and ribery is right footed, what's your point? Look where those two play.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Great article from rossi on his HOME HE CLAIMS IS AMERICA!! There you have it boys and girls, he claims USA as his home, when asked why he left he said because its easier in europe. Piss on that, he took the easy way out. American dream my ass man, he even called America his home, lived in the USA longer than anywhere else, apart from living in england and spain. Yet, I will get criticized for bringing up this again. He said all you need to know, where are you andy? I can't wait for your input!!

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
What's the big fucking deal?

Over the last 20 or so years about 40% of Ireland's international players have been English and most of them would have no qualms admitting that England is home to them.

This is one player. Get over him.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Rossi can easily be converted :D I dont see Milan signing him, if they get Dzeko or another prima punta, they wont go after a 2nd forward like Rossi with Pato around.

Get him while we frigging can.

Just as we were having a Rossi-football-related talk... you go and do that! :cry:
Seriously yeah, they should create a seperate thread for this dual nationality nonsense.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What's the big fucking deal?

Over the last 20 or so years about 40% of Ireland's international players have been English and most of them would have no qualms admitting that England is home to them.

This is one player. Get over him.
Meh. He'll always labeled a traitor mostly because he is American and his parents still live here and all that. It is what it is. No big deal.

It would be different if he was of Mexican descent and went to Mexico because it's actually a neighboring country. And some US players could play for Mexico and vice versa. Plus really good American players don't happen too often, so losing one this good to a nation all the way across the pond is not going to be swallowed well especially when he plays against the US and scores on us. It isn't like we have a stable of Rossi's hanging around. Though there have been rumors that Jermaine Jones of Schalke is thinking about taking advantage of his dual citizenship in our favor.

I'll probably cheer Rossi on if he plays in the next world cup and say things like "Look at the Jersey boy score" if he does.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Partly. I mean if it was basketball and Kobe(which he could) decided to play for Italy it would be kind of a big deal because we have LeBron and Carmelo and other superstars. With soccer, it's different, we've never had a truly great player. I'm sure if Ireland didn't have a decent footballing history it would be easier for you to understand.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It deals with rossi in a rossi thread coming to juve. Unless a mod tells me to drop (which I would) then no, as long as he has articles like that. I'm not questioning his ability or how much he would add to the team or anything like that, I am just against it. Yes he is great, but I don't respect him. How the hell can you play for one country completly unrelated to the one you call home? Ireland, scotland, wales, england are all part of the uk, but even that I wouldn't agree with. Sorry to piss anyone off or offend or to beat a dead horse and annoy 99.9percent of the forum.

If he comes I will always talk tactics etc with him in a juve jersey, but I will be bitter. Let's talk tactics to make all you happy:

With him I'd go with a 4231 with momo/marchisio in the 2, gio left, diego middle, and rossi on the right with amauri up top. Dp as a sub with camo. Both gio and rossi can cut in ala nedved, messi, ribery, etc. There....tactics for rossi in rossi transfer to juventus di torino thread.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Partly. I mean if it was basketball and Kobe(which he could) decided to play for Italy it would be kind of a big deal because we have LeBron and Carmelo and other superstars. With soccer, it's different, we've never had a truly great player. I'm sure if Ireland didn't have a decent footballing history it would be easier for you to understand.
Ireland has practically no footballing history before 1988.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Great article from rossi on his HOME HE CLAIMS IS AMERICA!! There you have it boys and girls, he claims USA as his home, when asked why he left he said because its easier in europe. Piss on that, he took the easy way out. American dream my ass man, he even called America his home, lived in the USA longer than anywhere else, apart from living in england and spain. Yet, I will get criticized for bringing up this again. He said all you need to know, where are you andy? I can't wait for your input!!
I'll tell you the real reason why you (and Andy) are bitter. You wanna know? You're not gonna like this.

You think your country is so great that there is no possible reason why anyone would turn it down to play for another nation. So when this happens you scream bloody murder (Andy mostly, on this one). Well guess what, LOTS of people have witnessed that a player from their country has chosen to play for someone else. It happens every frickin day! Podolski and Klose were both born in Poland and went on to become bigger stars for Germany than any Polish player at the time. And guess what, I don't give a shit. If that's what they want, let them do it. They don't have my support if they don't choose my team, but I'm not gonna go around bashing them like some insane zealot. Acquafresca? His mom is Polish, he spends his vacations in Poland. We wanted to recruit him for our NT, he turned us down. Big deal.

So why is it so hard for you people to accept this simple fact of life? Well, it might have something to do with the "USA numbaw one" crap. As Lewis Black said "I was amazed to discover that America is the only country on earth that keeps repeating that they are the greatest country on earth".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)