Nationality debate (14 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
You shouldn't even think about it. Whether he plays for the US, Italy or T&T all I would care is that he plays well for Juve.

Canada and soccer/football shouldn't be in the same sentence. No coaches, no real league, no organization...yeah, the kids play it a lot but they're going nowhere until they implement a good system with the right people on board. For now it's a joke. The US are miles ahead atm.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Why didn't I listen to that little voice inside my head that told me this was going to devolve into something much bigger than a future striker for Juventus??

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You shouldn't even think about it. Whether he plays for the US, Italy or T&T all I would care is that he plays well for Juve.

Canada and soccer/football shouldn't be in the same sentence. No coaches, no real league, no organization...yeah, the kids play it a lot but they're going nowhere until they implement a good system with the right people on board. For now it's a joke. The US are miles ahead atm.
So does that mean you shouldn't care about it, just because it sucks?

This is also partly why I don't care for fans who don't support their own nations. The only way their nation will get better is if people take time to support it, not gloryhunt for other nations. It's quite frankly pathetic and fucking disgusting.

But fine, Mark. Complain Canada's football sucks while not doing anything about it, or for it.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
For the last time, Hust, there are no simpleminded criteria for this. Those were just examples.
That comment was really directed at you Marty, but I gave examples and got shot to hell for it and ridiculed by others. All I was trying to do was state my opinion and understand everyone elses, at least I tried to understand some of the others. Thats more of an effort than I got for my opinion/ideas anyways. Earlier I was being made fun of for being a stupid american.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That comment was really directed at you Marty, but I gave examples and got shot to hell for it and ridiculed by others. All I was trying to do was state my opinion and understand everyone elses, at least I tried to understand some of the others. Thats more of an effort than I got for my opinion/ideas anyways. Earlier I was being made fun of for being a stupid american.
Who did that? Name names.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

This is also partly why I don't care for fans who don't support their own nations. The only way their nation will get better is if people take time to support it, not gloryhunt for other nations. It's quite frankly pathetic and fucking disgusting.

But fine, Mark. Complain Canada's football sucks while not doing anything about it, or for it.
Where the fuck dis I say they shouldn't have support? I'm saying those lazy ass mofo's are doing SHIT to help it out. You have old geisers here who don't give a f*ck about what's going on here

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

:agree:

High five fellow American, high five :tup:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Where the fuck dis I say they shouldn't have support? I'm saying those lazy ass mofo's are doing SHIT to help it out. You have old geisers here who don't give a f*ck about what's going on here
I thought you were insinuating you couldn't give a rat's ass about it because it sucked, which IMO is the wrong attitude.

Jul 10, 2006

I support the USNT, own a couple jersey's and watch all their matches I can. The only time I don't root for them is when they play Italy and that happens like twice, maybe three times a decade.

I don't think things like this have any affect on how the USNT plays at all. There just aren't enough soccer fanatics in the US overall to help the sport grow enough so that some of those kids that grow up playing football, baseball or bball might instead see soccer as an option.

Everyone wants to be Tom Brady, Kobe Bryant or LeBron. No one wants to be Landon Donovan. Can't say I blame them on that one, though. :p

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Who did that? Name names.
Juve_kosova for one, everyone else pretty much just disagreed with me. Rather than try and explain their opinions everyone jumps the gun. Read a few pages back right before the italy game today. Frustrating trying to explain your thoughts and opinions when honestly some here really don't give a shit what you think because they think differently. I'm tired of the anti-american bullshit as well, I disagree then suddenly I'm turned into a dumb American....

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I thought you were insinuating you couldn't give a rat's ass about it because it sucked, which IMO is the wrong attitude.
oh boy please to get me into this Andy. I can't take it. I've been to meetings and sh*t but all they care is eating those stupid boiled eggs in un-toasted bread(don't know the f*ckin' word). I've said they need their own league, mostly Canadians in the squad, REAL coaches, a fine system to help those kids get some $$$ while playing, having soccer in high school and tournaments...all that stuff. THEY don't give a sh*t man.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Juve_kosova for one, everyone else pretty much just disagreed with me. Rather than try and explain their opinions everyone jumps the gun. Read a few pages back right before the italy game today. Frustrating trying to explain your thoughts and opinions when honestly some here really don't give a shit what you think because they think differently. I'm tired of the anti-american bullshit as well, I disagree then suddenly I'm turned into a dumb American....
Well, of course, because that's all they can say really. It's funny, because the US probably has the most number of good posters on this forum from any particular country. Aaron, Burke, you, Sergio, Pado, Greg, Tahir and others.

Juve_Kosova should be happy we illegally stole his country from Serbia for his family to have a better life, but he's too busy trying to spell his own name.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
oh boy please to get me into this Andy. I can't take it. I've been to meetings and sh*t but all they care is eating those stupid boiled eggs in un-toasted bread(don't know the f*ckin' word). I've said they need their own league, mostly Canadians in the squad, REAL coaches, a fine system to help those kids get some $$$ while playing, having soccer in high school and tournaments...all that stuff. THEY don't give a sh*t man.
OK, apologies then, I thought you were saying something else. :tup:

Max

Jul 15, 2003
They don't give a shit, you're right. Let's march. We can change things, dammit. I'm making it my mission now.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
You don't have to apologize Andy because in the end that blocked me from anything close to the NT team. :D Until they do something about it, my Italian roots will grow a bit more. :p

I respect what the Saputo's do with the Impact but in the end, they'll go to the MLS and Canadian soccer will be in deeper shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)