Nationality debate (18 Viewers)

Jun 13, 2007
@iceman: a person born and raised in korea is korean, not american. You are where you where you born. You can have all the cultural heritage you parents could possibly give you, but you are where you were born before anything else. For example, parents relocate to other countries so their children can be born in the country they move too so they won't have the problems the parents had in "their" respective home countries.

Keanu Reeves was born in Beirut. Does that mean he should have a Lebanese passport? Well, he doesn't.

Most of my Lebanese friends were born in places outside Lebanon, it doesn't matter though.

For me, it's more to do with genetics than anything else. If your parents are Italian, then you are Italian.

May 4, 2004
@kosova: you know the point I was trying to make. You can't turn yourself into something you already aren't. You can't be born in two different countries. Naturalization through the system is different than being born in the country.
That's right, you can't turn yourself into something you already aren't, you said it yourself!!! Rossi can never ever turn into something he's not, amarican!! He is Italian blood! What if he's mom was on vication in Spain, and he was born there, that dosent make him spanish..

Bottom line, I love all you guys...even if you disagree and think I'm an idiot. I feel what I feel on the matter just as you do, we are all different in our own rights. I'd love to keep the debate going, I gotta get back to work.
True, we wont agree on this matter, ever.. So lets end it.. :)

i totally agree with u... he is not Amauri who doesn't know which team to play for! He is Italian no matter where he was raised or whatever :)
:tup:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
In the current inflated transfer market, I'm not sure he is realistic right now.

I would, however, start speaking to Rossi's agent with a view to a transfer next summer.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
In the current inflated transfer market, I'm not sure he is realistic right now.

I would, however, start speaking to Rossi's agent with a view to a transfer next summer.

At his rate of improvement, however, what are we talking about as far as a potential fee??

If they are going to do this,they need to do it now.

Before somebody tells Perez over in Madrid what just happened today

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
At his rate of improvement, however, what are we talking about as far as a potential fee??

If they are going to do this,they need to do it now.

Before somebody tells Perez over in Madrid what just happened today

agreed. his price tage will only go up. no club is going to make arrangements for priority talks for a hot player 12 months from now, anyway.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Keanu Reeves was born in Beirut. Does that mean he should have a Lebanese passport? Well, he doesn't.

Most of my Lebanese friends were born in places outside Lebanon, it doesn't matter though.

For me, it's more to do with genetics than anything else. If your parents are Italian, then you are Italian.
Absolutely.

I was born in Beirut too, does that make me Lebanese ? What if I was born in India, does that make me an Indian ?

Good post

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005

That sounds like rampant complacency, with respect.

The more plausible reason for Rossi not becoming a Juve player is likely to the the parsimoniousness of our negotiators.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
These are the types of moves that you have to make.

Milan did it with Kaka and Pato, and its been a long time since Juve have doen something like this.

The time is now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)