Nationality debate (5 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Never could understand how someone would cheer for other national team (in this case italy) when they are not italians !!
Well, my parents both came here from Italy in 1967, and I was the first American born of my entire family.

I'm a 4th generation Juventino, and I've been following L'Azzurri since 1978.

Do I qualify??

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
My english sucks I know..

Anyway, about Rossi talk here, and others..
Let's say Rossi wasent a football player, but he was a criminal in the USA, the amaricans wouldent talk about him as an amarican, they would say that mafioso italiano is a criminal, send that fucker back to where he came from, blablabla.. But he happend to be a football player and suddently he is 100% Amarican! And he should play for the country that gave him soooooooooo much!.. my ass!...
He should play for the country he has in his heart and blood!.. That is Italy!.. No matter how long he has been living in the States. He is Italian, will alwayse be!..
i totally agree with u... he is not Amauri who doesn't know which team to play for! He is Italian no matter where he was raised or whatever :)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This might sound stupid, but I actually didn't use any Italian words or phrases whatsoever until I spoke perfect Italian. I hate to look silly in a conversation :D.

But I get what he means though. And IMO he has every right to support the Azzurri. He's also right in what he says, he did defend Rossi's decision.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Well, my parents both came here from Italy in 1967, and I was the first American born of my entire family.

I'm a 4th generation Juventino, and I've been following L'Azzurri since 1978.

Do I qualify??
:D am not talking about you, but i've been to some countries that have absalutely nothing to do with italy, germany or any other nation out there and you'd find them absalutely crazy about these teams (in tournaments like the world cups or european cups).

I just find that strange, why would annyone support a "national team" other than you're nation. I mean you may like them but to be crazy about them as if you're one of them.....strange

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Fuck me lets buy this guy, Motta and Aquafresca and Criscito and we already have Giovinco, Chiellini, Marchisio and De Ceglie. Let's own italys future :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
:D am not talking about you, but i've been to some countries that have absalutely nothing to do with italy, germany or any other nation out there and you'd find them absalutely crazy about these teams (in tournaments like the world cups or european cups).

I just find that strange, why would annyone support a "national team" other than you're nation. I mean you may like them but to be crazy about them as if you're one of them.....strange
Well, I also support the US as well, for obvious reasons

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This might sound stupid, but I actually didn't use any Italian words or phrases whatsoever until I spoke perfect Italian. I hate to look silly in a conversation :D.

But I get what he means though. And IMO he has every right to support the Azzurri. He's also right in what he says, he did defend Rossi's decision.
Seven, are you speaking of me as if I don't even exist in your world anymore? :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)