Nationality debate (18 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Hahaha.....and I always thought his Italian footballing blood had something to do with it. And his Parma youth academy time.

That's why there aren't any American world class players regardless of those american bitches, pitches, coaches and playmates. Because if thats what makes great players then certainly America would have tons by now eh?

There is of course the talented Adu, who really isn't American, so stop with the American whining already.
Fuck you, you don't even know what American is.:lol:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's still confusing when you read some of Andy's posts, even if you know that the Americans take the concept of nationality different than the Europeans do. :smile:

Andy thinks that Ibisevic and Subotic should play for the USA.
Ibisevic was born in Bosnia to Bosnian parents. He lived there until he was 16. Then he and his family moved to Switzerland where they lived until he was 17. Then they moved to the US and he lived there from 2001 till 2004. After 2004 he went back to Europe. Are those 3 years he spent in USA really enough for him to play for the US?

Subotic was born in Bosnia to Serbian parents. He lived there until he was 5. Then his family moved to Germany where they lived for 6 years until he was 11. After that the family moved to USA where Subotic lived from 1999 until 2007 and even played for the US youth teams. For the last 2 years he lives in Germany.
So, 8 years in Germany, 8 years in USA, 5 years in Bosnia.

I think that if you hold a passport you can play for the particular country so i'd have nothing against Subotic and Ibisevic play for the US if that's what they wanted. But i fail to understand why does Andy, and maybe some other Americans, see them as traitors :confused:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Andy's main point from memory was about these players going through the system without having the intention of representing that country. Thus taking a spot of someone who would have used it.

But at a young age who would know where is he going to end up, hes just a kid.

May 4, 2004
I love him.

Absolutely love the kid. I had heard about him and followed him since he was snapped up by Manchester United. Bottom line is, when a young American player gets the chance to move to such prestigious ranks, you simply have to follow him.

The kid is a worker, he's is the epitome of the "support striker", he has a decent nose for the goal, is very good and setting up the play, and unlike some players who are on the market for 80 million Euros (Ibra), Rossi actually scores goals in the Champions League.

To have this kind of experience, for Manu, helping to save Parma's ass two years ago, and then going to Villareal, all the while starring for the Under 21 team, AND seriously challenging for the national team, all by the age of 22, speaks volumes about this player.

Its not as if Italy is lacking in the forwards department, so you can take that any way that you like it.
Nice post
Let's hope Secco knows this ;)..

May 4, 2004
My english sucks I know..

Anyway, about Rossi talk here, and others..
Let's say Rossi wasent a football player, but he was a criminal in the USA, the amaricans wouldent talk about him as an amarican, they would say that mafioso italiano is a criminal, send that fucker back to where he came from, blablabla.. But he happend to be a football player and suddently he is 100% Amarican! And he should play for the country that gave him soooooooooo much!.. my ass!...
He should play for the country he has in his heart and blood!.. That is Italy!.. No matter how long he has been living in the States. He is Italian, will alwayse be!..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Rise above, Aaron. Rise above
He's just another run of the mill idiot who hates the U.S. but doesn't even know why.

It's still confusing when you read some of Andy's posts, even if you know that the Americans take the concept of nationality different than the Europeans do. :smile:

Andy thinks that Ibisevic and Subotic should play for the USA.
Ibisevic was born in Bosnia to Bosnian parents. He lived there until he was 16. Then he and his family moved to Switzerland where they lived until he was 17. Then they moved to the US and he lived there from 2001 till 2004. After 2004 he went back to Europe. Are those 3 years he spent in USA really enough for him to play for the US?

Subotic was born in Bosnia to Serbian parents. He lived there until he was 5. Then his family moved to Germany where they lived for 6 years until he was 11. After that the family moved to USA where Subotic lived from 1999 until 2007 and even played for the US youth teams. For the last 2 years he lives in Germany.
So, 8 years in Germany, 8 years in USA, 5 years in Bosnia.

I think that if you hold a passport you can play for the particular country so i'd have nothing against Subotic and Ibisevic play for the US if that's what they wanted. But i fail to understand why does Andy, and maybe some other Americans, see them as traitors :confused:
Andy's main point from memory was about these players going through the system without having the intention of representing that country. Thus taking a spot of someone who would have used it.

But at a young age who would know where is he going to end up, hes just a kid.
Sateeh got it. Players like Subotic played for our U-20's and U-19's while Rossi played for the Olympic Development team. I'm not sure about Ibisevic and he may have played for a development team in high school, but he isn't a big issue for me.

Players can play wherever they want if they qualify for it, but I wouldn't expect someone from Serbia to be pleased or cheer for Subotic if he chose the U.S.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Let's say Rossi wasent a football player, but he was a criminal in the USA, the amaricans wouldent talk about him as an amarican, they would say that mafioso italiano is a criminal, send that fucker back to where he came from, blablabla.. But he happend to be a football player and suddently he is 100% Amarican! And he should play for the country that gave him soooooooooo much!.. my ass!...
He should play for the country he has in his heart and blood!.. That is Italy!.. No matter how long he has been living in the States. He is Italian, will alwayse be!..
What a bunch of fucking nonsense.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's just another run of the mill idiot who hates the U.S. but doesn't even know why.

Sateeh got it. Players like Subotic played for our U-20's and U-19's while Rossi played for the Olympic Development team. I'm not sure about Ibisevic and he may have played for a development team in high school, but he isn't a big issue for me.

Players can play wherever they want if they qualify for it, but I wouldn't expect someone from Serbia to be pleased or cheer for Subotic if he chose the U.S.
So where do you think Rossi would be now if he had stayed in 'the US system' instead of going to Italy?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So where do you think Rossi would be now if he had stayed in 'the US system' instead of going to Italy?
He may not have been as good, but I don't think you understand this stuff. Remember, Landon Donovan and other young American players went to Europe at an early age.

Rossi would have went over there regardless because he had the talent.

And any of you morons who claim that he wasn't talented before going over there, screw you. That's how he got over there in the first place, dumbasses.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He may not have been as good, but I don't think you understand this stuff. Remember, Landon Donovan and other young American players went to Europe at an early age.

Rossi would have went over there regardless because he had the talent.

And any of you morons who claim that he wasn't talented before going over there, screw you. That's how he got over there in the first place, dumbasses.
I'm sorry for ever bringing this up. It's not even about who has most merit anyway. Someone in the USA must have done well to see his talent and they must have done a good job at Parma to make him this good.

As far as I'm concerned the USA and Italy are both equally entitled to Rossi, so it's up to him and he chose Italy.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Wow what an ignorant comment to make. Something as insane as what you just said should be laughed at.

We are still the land of opportunity which is why somewhere along the line rossi's parents came here seeking opportunities. Rossi had the talent he was going to make anyways, all I am trying to say is why I wouldn't be happy with rossi in juve because of my history in football. When I was younger I trained with the Bayer Leverkusen youth teams. By heritage and family bloodlines I'm naturally german-italian, but my ass was born in America (thankfully) and I made sure they knew that. I might not have been as good as those german youths but when I left I made sure they knew who I was and where I came from, I never once claimed to be german by birthright and try out for their national team.

I can't stand this anti-american sentiment on here by some members. I have never hated on anyone in here based off of nationality, yet I disagree on one thing as the majority then get ridiculed for it. Screw that, US has rid the world of more insane murders guilty of sick war crimes killing thousands even millions of innocent people that all came from your areas of the world. I'm still glad to say I came from a country that had the balls to stand up.

Criminals disowned by americans but 1 good football player and we freak out. Wow, juve_kosova, that might have been the worst example possible. No thought process went into that at all.

Like I said the other day, I was in ODP my whole life up until 17 or so, as someone who tried to make it and failed to someone who was better, that I understand and accept. I don't accept someone that jumps ship on the system. I just don't agree with it, sorry if some members find that insane, silly or just plain fucking stupid...frankly I don't care, I respect everyones opinion on the matter, but don't you dare start knocking me because of some mythical "american pride" bullshit, you can keep your thoughts on that stupidity to yourselves otherwise you make a fool of yourseld like juve_kosova did.

That is my case, I already know who disagrees with it and I accept that you feel different. I'd really appreciate this anti-american sentiments to find the exit and not return. The US has always been a melting pot and for those who wish to come here for something they might not be able to get somewhere else then I welcome you with open arms, just don't abuse the system here because it does have an ill-effect on others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)