Nationality debate (18 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I tell you one thing though, what made him the player he is today is american pitches, american coaches and american team mates. Playing for your NT is just another way of repaying them for everything they have done for you. Without the US Rossi wouldn't even be a footballer today.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Bruce Arena found him in Jersey and made him come to the Red Bull academy. Then Parma nabbed him up and his ride began.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
I tell you one thing though, what made him the player he is today is american pitches, american coaches and american team mates. Playing for your NT is just another way of repaying them for everything they have done for you. Without the US Rossi wouldn't even be a footballer today.
hahaah, if it wasn't for his partens' hard working he wouldn't be living :)

Jul 10, 2006
His father was a soccer coach and likely had something to do with it.

That and American grass. :lol:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Hahaha.....and I always thought his Italian footballing blood had something to do with it. And his Parma youth academy time.

That's why there aren't any American world class players regardless of those american bitches, pitches, coaches and playmates. Because if thats what makes great players then certainly America would have tons by now eh?

There is of course the talented Adu, who really isn't American, so stop with the American whining already.

Mar 14, 2004
Yea,american pitches can't even make a decent baseball player....

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Bah. I could care less about that. I know what I know, and I don't profess to know any more or less than what I claim to have knowledge of. IF anyone thinks that they are better than me to pass judgment on my knowledge of the sport, then good for them.
I know, I just tried to explain prejudices many here have towards Americans and football.

May 4, 2004
:luckyluke: :lol: :andyandbarcelona: :snoop:

hahahah this post deserves a + rep for being so funny!

Its all because of the american grass !

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Hit us.. What do u think about Rossi's skills ? :weee:

I love him.

Absolutely love the kid. I had heard about him and followed him since he was snapped up by Manchester United. Bottom line is, when a young American player gets the chance to move to such prestigious ranks, you simply have to follow him.

The kid is a worker, he's is the epitome of the "support striker", he has a decent nose for the goal, is very good and setting up the play, and unlike some players who are on the market for 80 million Euros (Ibra), Rossi actually scores goals in the Champions League.

To have this kind of experience, for Manu, helping to save Parma's ass two years ago, and then going to Villareal, all the while starring for the Under 21 team, AND seriously challenging for the national team, all by the age of 22, speaks volumes about this player.

Its not as if Italy is lacking in the forwards department, so you can take that any way that you like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)