Nahitan Nández - Midfielder - Cagliari (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2014
Don’t like it. Juventus want a physical midfielder and goals. He is 1.72m and doesn’t score. If they want a midfielder go for Guimaraes who is a pure #6 and can push Locatelli forward or stick with Locatelli as a number 6 and bring in a guy who can score. SMS, Pogba, Kessie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Don’t like it. Juventus want a physical midfielder and goals. He is 1.72m and doesn’t score. If they want a midfielder go for Guimaraes who is a pure #6 and can push Locatelli forward or stick with Locatelli as a number 6 and bring in a guy who can score. SMS, Pogba, Kessie.

Or just use in-house solutions to free Locatelli - either Arthur or Rovella. It's not like we have to win CL, it's just top4 finish in weak Serie A.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Honest question since I am ignorant here, in a scenario where we are in a counter attacking position, and Loca has the ball in the opponent’s half, Vlahovic moving and attracting the attention of two defenders to free space to our midfielder hurrying up through the right flank, who would do better to receive Loca’s through ball: Bentancur or Nandez?
If Nandez is better and we save money and get him on loan+option..Why not?

Boksic

May 11, 2005

Guimaraes is substantially more expensive than Nandez.

I won't pretend to know much about him but he does seem physical in terms of he likes a challenge and engine but doesn't have an aerial presence. It seems like Bentancur out and Nandez in to help fund Vlahovic. If that's what helped us do the deal then I'm not against it.

But we badly need a midfielder who can pass the ball.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Sorry, my word choice wasn't very good. And I would agree that against Milan he probably had one of his best matches. The wonders of putting him alongside a holding midfielder like Arthur who regularly relieves pressure in the midfield well and thus relieves a lot of what makes Bentancur an issue in my opinion.

Yes, Bentancur does a lot of running at times but he is not effective in his running. His stats in terms of pressure, interceptions, tackles aren't particularly good for a defensive midfielder. His accumulation of yellows from constant bad fouls is a particular sticking point for me because it highlights his issues. Bentancur is regularly out of position or caught in a bad position and reacts accordingly. He is not good at tackling usually and thus he tackles poorly and gets carded. And in terms of the running, I would think we could agree his is very much one of the "strollers" from last year who was regularly seen walking back on defense at times and in our deepest struggles. He wasn't putting it all out there regularly. That is part of what I was referring to. He is very much a jogger and walker far too often in my opinion.

I hate to use the dreaded "eye test" but Bentancur also just seems to not be effective in his positioning, he's regularly out of position and running to regain his positioning. I think part of it is because his role at Juventus is so different from his role with Argentina and probably his best role. He is not a defensive midfielder nor is he a holding midfielder but he's also not an attacking midfielder or box-to-box. He's kind of none of them but pieces of all of them and that is his limit and what hurts him. Especially in a club like Juventus where we need him to play a role and not just "exist" in the midfield, running to catch his mistakes or make up for being too far forward, too far left, too far deep, etc.

Oddly enough, on the flip side, I think McKennie is far less talented or technical as Bentancur but has way better positioning. In fact, McKennie has very very good positioning and you can see that in terms of where he arrives in the box and where he pushes during setpieces. McKennie is shorter than Bentancur but much more of a threat than Bentancur has ever been on set pieces or attacking. McKennie is not as good as passer as Bentancur, he's not as physical, he's not as "smart" I would say as Bentancur. But he is regularly in the right place and puts himself in the right place, even defensively, the make some interceptions and tackles. But McKennie has his limits on the opposite side in terms of pure technical ability and also probably isn't our level either.

Sorry for the long response :) gotta ahead of myself and rabbled.

Edit: to bring it back, Nandez is the antithesis of Bentancur. He is strictly a role, he is a defensive midfielder who will struggle less under pressure but give almost nothing going forwards in my opinion. He will provide that anchor in the middle to allow Locatelli to go forward more and be unleashed in the midfield with less of the risks of bad tackles, bad positioning.
How is someone that offers 'almost nothing going forward' the antithesis of Bentancur? Explain yourself!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Guimaraes is substantially more expensive than Nandez.

I won't pretend to know much about him but he does seem physical in terms of he likes a challenge and engine but doesn't have an aerial presence. It seems like Bentancur out and Nandez in to help fund Vlahovic. If that's what helped us do the deal then I'm not against it.

But we badly need a midfielder who can pass the ball.
If you think we need a passer then maybe Nahitan isn't the guy for us.

IMG_20220125_225043.jpg

I know stats only say so much as his at Cagliari but I think we need some more grit or maybe we just need both.

His chances created look good though.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
How is someone that offers 'almost nothing going forward' the antithesis of Bentancur? Explain yourself!
Because Bentancur offers almost nothing everywhere. At least with Nandez we get somebody who won't throw himself into every tackle because he's been caught out of position. Or throw his shoulder into everybody that beats him one-on-one.

I swear to god if I have to watch one more time Bentancur do the two hands up "oops" pose after he barrels somebody over because he was caught offguard or caught out of position and then lower his head as the yellow comes out I'm going to puke.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Brilliant - another midfielder with shitting passing? What could go wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Nandez is not here to pass , nandez is here to press tackle and recover the ball. He has more grinta in his pinkie than this whole juve squad bar the seniors.
So he is a no fucks given type of player? Sorta like a tank that keeps running and crushes everything it sees?

- - - Updated - - -

Nandez has been accused by his ex wife of beating her.

He has a arrest order in Uruguay.
Perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Kuli jajajajajajaja
Relax - he is too old for you.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2014
i'll just put it there. as usual, these are per 90 min metrics for better comparison.

i have a juventino buddy who works as a sports journalist and watches a lot of serie a games, and he likes nandez very much, so there's that too.

1643152123312.png
Arthur is so much better than all of them. Can Allegri just play him and Locatelli together. We were absolutely dominant when they played together.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
People tend to forget his versatility.
This guy can play RB, Dm, Cm. Cagliari uses him all over the pitch. I belive they even used him as an Am and striker (as someone else pointed out).
Was surprised he didn't go to inter last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)