My first ever earthquake (1 Viewer)

Jeannette

Aug 16, 2004
In the northern Poland, where I live actually, there was an earthquake (I felt it) about an hour ago. It wasn't strong, but it's strange that even it occured, for there's no natural causes for any earthquake to happen. It might have been sort of explosion brought about by polish or russian armed forces...

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Jeannette

Jeannette

Aug 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    Not so cool, actually :D
    Everything was shaking and I couldn't figure out what was going on... I wouldn't call it 'cool'. More like interesting.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    I felt two earthquakes a year ago IIRC. They weren't so strong though. And it was interesting. We were in the school when that happened, and a teacher kept telling us not to panic, while he was ran before us. :D

OP
    Jeannette

Jeannette

Aug 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    :D
    It must have looked quite funny.
    Here in Poland we are 'erthquakes free', so it shouldn't have happened. I read some comments that and noone believed it was an earthquake, so noone would run. :D

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    It was funny. :)

In my city there are earthquakes very very rarely, and when they happen, they're not strong or something. Did you see the earhquakes in Turkey? :shocked:

OP
    Jeannette

Jeannette

Aug 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    Yeah, there's no comparison... But, it's quite strange anyway.

In fact, I thought it were my neighbours or sth... At first, of course :D

OP
    Jeannette

Jeannette

Aug 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    It must terrible.
    Actually, I've never heard of sth like that. Here it's more like 'a wind from the sea', I assume there'll be storms soon.

Storms, earhquakes, it doesn't look good... :D

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    A wind from the sea is different... it's more like a wind on the sea: when you're on the sea, those winds there!

I love storms, when I'm on the mainland, I can watch storm for hours then :D

OP
    Jeannette

Jeannette

Aug 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13
    Yeah, they are splendid and there is a lot of amber on the beach afterwards, but the pier has a different opinion :D It's a bit devastated every year.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    I bet it does :D
    I wonder if the pier have ever been ruined after one of storms?

You said ambers? I'm completely crazy about them! I love thme and buy them, whenever I can :extatic:

OP
    Jeannette

Jeannette

Aug 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    Well, I don't have to buy it, after a storm I can pick it up from the sand. :D You should see all these people searching for it... It's kinda funny.

I think it was seriuosly demaged (not completely) twice. And, it was burned bak in the 19th century.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeannette ] ++
    Well, I don't have to buy it, after a storm I can pick it up from the sand. :D You should see all these people searching for it... It's kinda funny.

I think it was seriuosly demaged (not completely) twice. And, it was burned bak in the 19th century.

Yeah, I dont live there, so all I can do is to buy them, never found any on the beach, all must have been found by natives :(:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)