My Europe Trip: Critiques and Comments (2 Viewers)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    Just be cautious in Napoli, gray. I mean this sounds a bit retarded, but a Korean Australian tourist must be like two kids in a candystore for some people there.
    Thanks Seven, I actually did consider that, but it's been a long time and Italy have won the World Cup since then, plus I'm sure people will just assume I'm a Japanese tourist. As for the Australian thing, it was them who robbed us :mad:

Why are you in such a hurry to leave Turin, Gray?
    On common advice, really. (Reading what I wrote again, I guess it sounded worse than I intended.) Word on the street is that I should just catch the match and GTFO of Turin. Would you say that it's worth staying, even for a night? Good to see you around btw Libero. Where are you these days, btw?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Yet Antwerp is dreaming of becoming a fashion capital like Milan while Bruges, Stockholm, Saint-Petersburg and a handful of other cities are fighting for the title of "Venice of the North".
    Yet Antwerp and Brugge would never be considered among the great cities on the face of the earth, while Milano and Venezia are. I just don't think they live up to the tale and quite frankly there are lots of nicer cities in Italy.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Okay, I've figured out which cities I'll be visiting and where I'll be staying, but I don't know enough about the cities to know what I should do once I get there. Some miscellaneous travelling tips and local knowledge would be great too.

Since this is an international community and a lot of you will have done some travelling, i thought I'd ask you guys.

So here's my travel itinerary so far:

Sat 19/05 – Leave Incheon -> Arrive London Heathrow (17:05)
    Tue 22/05 - Leave London (15:40)
    Wed 23/05 – Arrive Zurich (06:24) – stay 1 night
    Thu 24/05 - Leave Zurich (08:35) -> Arrive Lucerne (09:25) – stay 1 night
    Fri 25/05 – Leave Lucerne (22:21)
    Sat 26/05 – Arrive Turin (08:09) (catch Juventus-Mantova and get the hell out of Turin) Snoop and Rab, are you two punks still down to join me for the match?
    Sat 26/05 – Leave Turin (19:27) -> Arrive Milan (20:49) – stay 2 nights
    Mon 28/05 - Leave Milan (08:05) -> Arrive Venice (11:09) – stay 2 nights
    Wed 30/05 - Leave Venice (08:44) -> Arrive Florence (11:23) – stay 2 nights
    Fri 01/06 – Leave Florence (08:19) -> Arrive Naples (11:52) – stay 2 nights
    Sun 03/06 – Leave Naples (08:10) -> Arrive Rome (09:37) – stay 3 nights
    Wed 06/06 - Leave Rome Ciampino(08:20) -> Arrive Frankfurt HHN (10:15) – stay 1 night
    Thu 07/06 - Leave Frankfurt (07:54) -> Arrive Munich (11:04) – stay 2 nights
    Sat 09/06 – Leave Munich (05:24) -> Arrive Frankfurt (09:08)
    Sat 09/06 – Leave Frankfurt HHN (11:40) -> Arrive London Stansted (11:55)
    Sat 09/06 – Leave London Heathrow-> Arrive Incheon

Because of time/transport issues, I'll be going back and forth a little bit to acommodate, which looks a bit stupid (especially the last day of my trip) but will save me a lot of money (e.g. my flight from Frankfurt to London will cost 0.01 euros :)
    Original post...

For a guy who writes so much, you certainly don't read a lot :p My itinerary in London is just to wing it and check out whatever I feel like on the day ;)
    Your itinerary didn't state when you'll be leaving London. Get my drift?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Thanks Seven, I actually did consider that, but it's been a long time and Italy have won the World Cup since then, plus I'm sure people will just assume I'm a Japanese tourist. As for the Australian thing, it was them who robbed us :mad:
    I have to concur with Andries about Napoli. I love that town, but it's definitely a place where the weak are killed and eaten. You gotta be on your toes, but that's part of its charm. :pumpkin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)