My Europe Trip: Critiques and Comments (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Okay, I've figured out which cities I'll be visiting and where I'll be staying, but I don't know enough about the cities to know what I should do once I get there. Some miscellaneous travelling tips and local knowledge would be great too.

Since this is an international community and a lot of you will have done some travelling, i thought I'd ask you guys.

So here's my travel itinerary so far:

Sat 19/05 – Leave Incheon -> Arrive London Heathrow (17:05)
Tue 22/05 - Leave London (15:40)
Wed 23/05 – Arrive Zurich (06:24) – stay 1 night
Thu 24/05 - Leave Zurich (08:35) -> Arrive Lucerne (09:25) – stay 1 night
Fri 25/05 – Leave Lucerne (22:21)
Sat 26/05 – Arrive Turin (08:09) (catch Juventus-Mantova and get the hell out of Turin) Snoop and Rab, are you two punks still down to join me for the match?
Sat 26/05 – Leave Turin (19:27) -> Arrive Milan (20:49) – stay 2 nights
Mon 28/05 - Leave Milan (08:05) -> Arrive Venice (11:09) – stay 2 nights
Wed 30/05 - Leave Venice (08:44) -> Arrive Florence (11:23) – stay 2 nights
Fri 01/06 – Leave Florence (08:19) -> Arrive Naples (11:52) – stay 2 nights
Sun 03/06 – Leave Naples (08:10) -> Arrive Rome (09:37) – stay 3 nights
Wed 06/06 - Leave Rome Ciampino(08:20) -> Arrive Frankfurt HHN (10:15) – stay 1 night
Thu 07/06 - Leave Frankfurt (07:54) -> Arrive Munich (11:04) – stay 2 nights
Sat 09/06 – Leave Munich (05:24) -> Arrive Frankfurt (09:08)
Sat 09/06 – Leave Frankfurt HHN (11:40) -> Arrive London Stansted (11:55)
Sat 09/06 – Leave London Heathrow-> Arrive Incheon

Because of time/transport issues, I'll be going back and forth a little bit to acommodate, which looks a bit stupid (especially the last day of my trip) but will save me a lot of money (e.g. my flight from Frankfurt to London will cost 0.01 euros :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Graham, you have the schedule of a missionary! (Either that or a Russian spy.) One or two nights in so many places... you're barely going to have enough time to slow down to enjoy the moment.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Id be in London in the mid of June,but thankfully ive got an old school friend of mine there,so i dont suppose id have any 'Not knowing what to do' problems.

You going there alone btw?

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    Graham, you have the schedule of a missionary!
    Well, you know me ;)

One or two nights in so many places... you're barely going to have enough time to slow down to enjoy the moment.
    Yeah, I was really wondering whether I should make this trip a 'sampler' or an 'experiencer', but I won't have another opportunity to travel at least for another couple of years. In the end, I decided that I'd just see as much as I can this time around, so that I'll know what I want to experience more of when I return.

It's actually totally not consistent with my character to be in such a hurry and not just chill some place to enjoy the scenery, but I'll consider it an investment for planning my perfect trip the next time around :)

Salman: Yep, I'll be travelling alone.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Given the circumstances, sounds like the sampler is the way to go if you pack light...

Have fun. I envy you. (Though I plan to be out to Torino for some Serie A action in October...)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    that 1 euro cent flight will have 10 euro tax on it. not to mention you better not bring more than a small ziploc bag or theyre going to charge you 300 euro per kilo :lol2:

it's never as cheap as it seems :cry:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Gray I wish I could make it man. But my trip to Europe (If I will go, nothing certain) is in August and September.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Venezia sucks if you are not in company with a girl, and Milano suck both way..

Lucky you Gray, they always praised Napoli, some thinks it is the best city in Italy, I wish I could see the south too :frown2:

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    that 1 euro cent flight will have 10 euro tax on it.
    Yep, after taxes it was only about 10 euros though.
    not to mention you better not bring more than a small ziploc bag or theyre going to charge you 300 euro per kilo :lol2:
    :lol:

Gray I wish I could make it man. But my trip to Europe (If
    I will go, nothing certain) is in August and September.
    Sux to hear that man, I was looking forward to catching the match with you guys :tdown:

ßömßäяdîëя™;1344231 said:
    RUN IT INTO A BUILDING!
    I would've loved to see the reaction if Seven had posted this.

What time are you landing in London, and what is your itinerary within London?
    For a guy who writes so much, you certainly don't read a lot :p My itinerary in London is just to wing it and check out whatever I feel like on the day ;)

Milano and Venezia suck. They really do.
    Yeah, they were actually the 2 cities I was undecided about, but there were still a few things that I thought might be worth checking out, and it won't kill me to spend a few days in the 'less great' cities.

Venezia sucks if you are not in company with a girl
    That's why I wanted you to come with me ;)
    Lucky you Gray, they always praised Napoli, some thinks it is the best city in Italy, I wish I could see the south too :frown2:
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to Napoli (I guess I'm looking forward to it all :p), and I'm planning a day trip to visit Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I agree on Milano, there really isn't a lot to do there. It seems like fun, because it's a big city, but once you're done walking up and down, through the parks and streets, you realize it's not really much of an attraction.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    I agree on Milano, there really isn't a lot to do there. It seems like fun, because it's a big city, but once you're done walking up and down, through the parks and streets, you realize it's not really much of an attraction.
    Yep, I've heard the same, which is okay because I'm spending less time in Milan than other places, since I'll just be going straight there from Turin (hey, at least I'm not staying in Turin :p)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Just be cautious in Napoli, gray. I mean this sounds a bit retarded, but a Korean Australian tourist must be like two kids in a candystore for some people there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)