My easy peasy realistic transfers strategy (1 Viewer)

arc

Mar 11, 2004
keeping zambrotta as RB ..
chiellini as LB

trezeguet out gilagoal in

out legro out tudor, kovac n montero as backup (damn)
appiah out blasi loan out edu in

mutu as amc ..

more reasonable

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++
keeping zambrotta as RB ..
chiellini as LB

trezeguet out gilagoal in

out legro out tudor, kovac n montero as backup (damn)
appiah out blasi loan out edu in

mutu as amc ..

more reasonable
or do u mean Montero retire and Tudor as backup? Somehow Montero doesn't seem convincing to me anymore.

Dan I have a question for u, y do u want to get Heitinga? He has been on the bench for Ajax this season and he isn't even selected for the qualifiers in Holland.

Somehow I don't see Chivu arriving soon, so I think we can buy a young CB, not Bonera pls. He has never impressed me in anyway. Barzagli is a better option IMO.

For RB, I would welcome Oddo, but this guy seems to be always linked to Milan. Maybe he may turn out to be ours as well. A good player defensively + offensively and a good penalty taker. Miguel/Seitaridis is ok too, I woudln't mind them, especially Seitaridis' performance in Euro 2004. His defensive abilities convinced me that he is a good player.

I think the ideal partner for Emerson will be Emre/Rosicky/Sneijder, who can add a lot of creativity to our team. At least their passes have eyes, and if Capello introduces the long ball theory, Sneijder would be useful, but the problem is none of them r considered tall.

Getting Gilardino is a top priority for me, Cassano is not the important, but somehow I wish that Gilar is here with us, and with the added creativity, hee can become Serie A's top scorer. Trust me, he has the potential to do it.

Ok this sums up my shopping list ATM.

OP
Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #24
    ++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

or do u mean Montero retire and Tudor as backup? Somehow Montero doesn't seem convincing to me anymore.

Dan I have a question for u, y do u want to get Heitinga? He has been on the bench for Ajax this season and he isn't even selected for the qualifiers in Holland.

Somehow I don't see Chivu arriving soon, so I think we can buy a young CB, not Bonera pls. He has never impressed me in anyway. Barzagli is a better option IMO.

For RB, I would welcome Oddo, but this guy seems to be always linked to Milan. Maybe he may turn out to be ours as well. A good player defensively + offensively and a good penalty taker. Miguel/Seitaridis is ok too, I woudln't mind them, especially Seitaridis' performance in Euro 2004. His defensive abilities convinced me that he is a good player.

I think the ideal partner for Emerson will be Emre/Rosicky/Sneijder, who can add a lot of creativity to our team. At least their passes have eyes, and if Capello introduces the long ball theory, Sneijder would be useful, but the problem is none of them r considered tall.

Getting Gilardino is a top priority for me, Cassano is not the important, but somehow I wish that Gilar is here with us, and with the added creativity, hee can become Serie A's top scorer. Trust me, he has the potential to do it.

Ok this sums up my shopping list ATM.
    Chivu wont come, and i doubt Gilardino will. We need to think realistically, we have never been properly linked with them both, but then again that could be a good thing.

I think Heitinga still has time to become fantastic. Plus, a player coming off a poor season is always cheap and i have seen the class of Heitinga many a time.

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
    Hey, im all for Gerrard over Rosiscky any day. But how much will he cost...? And will he even want to leave?
    It's not that realistic that he will join Juve. Can't see it. If he leaves he will go to Chelsea, maybe Madrid. He hasn't even been linked with the Italian league and I don't think he would want to play in Italy at all.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    My realistic Prediction:

Out:

I am pretty sure Trez will leave, we have too many going forward who arent effective. Actually it'll be DP and Trez, but like Dan said, I dont know when DP will ever leave.

Trez --> 14 million

Then a midfielder will be sold, since APpiah has been asked by many teams it looks like he will be leaving. Lets say..

Appiah -->3 million

Kapo is also rumored to be leaving, Im not sure that is totally a good thing coz I see much of Henry in him but anyhow it might be

Kapo-->5 million

In:

I know Gilardino would be great, and I am still hoping but as the season goes on I feel we won't get either Gila nor Cassano. In fact I see us trying to benifit from our ownership of Miccoli and Maresca. Bojinov is not playing too well at the moment so he might be looked by our team, or pazzini.

Chiellini is definately going to return coz we need him.

As for the midfield I really think we should go for some one like Rosicky, but seeing much competition for him I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get him. So we'll probably end up with a guy like Mozart or someone not too expensive and classy.

As for RB, I know most would want Zebina to be replaced by some other more classy rb but I dont see Miguel and the likes comin. Zebina has made some progress at Juventus and although he doesn't have a quick reaction, he does do well for his size at RB.

---------Zlatan Mutu
    ---------------Neddy
    Zambotta------------Camonarese
    --------------Emerson
    Chiellini----Canna----Thuram----Zebina
    -------------Buffon

This seems to me like a realistic formation, not much new faces but much better play.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004

Chivu wont come, and i doubt Gilardino will. We need to think realistically, we have never been properly linked with them both, but then again that could be a good thing.

I think Heitinga still has time to become fantastic. Plus, a player coming off a poor season is always cheap and i have seen the class of Heitinga many a time.
    Well u never know wad will happen, especially when Moggi is in charge. We have always been linked to Cassano, but in the end something will happen, the Jankulovski case is a classic example. Getting Chivu maybe a bit far-fetched, but Gilardino is realistic.

I will give Heitinga another season to prove himself. If not I will not give him another look. And I would put him in the CB position.

bigjesus

Apr 29, 2005
    Gerrard playing for the Old Lady is a bit unrealistic. His ransom will be even Moggi a bit too much. Either he will stay at Liverpool or Real will pay that astronomic fee.

Webber

Feb 27, 2005
    As you said:

OUT:
    - Zambro 30M €
    Very sorry for him if he leaves, but that's football. Definately the best DL in the world.
    - Trez 15 M€
    Not so sorry for him if he leaves. Simply too much injurys in this season.
    - Kapo (Loan or sell)

IN:
    - Mutu hopefully free
    - one DC, Barzagli or Chivu would be the best options. Cost: 10 - 15 M €
    - partner for Emerson: would like to see Pizzaro, but Giannicheda just signed so he will likely attend Pizzaro's position.

So Out - 45 M €
    In - 20 M €

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #31
    ++ [ originally posted by jaecole ] ++

It's not that realistic that he will join Juve. Can't see it. If he leaves he will go to Chelsea, maybe Madrid. He hasn't even been linked with the Italian league and I don't think he would want to play in Italy at all.
    I dont think so either. We werent even properly linked with Gerrard too. I just 100% confident over who is leaving this summer.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Webber ] ++
    OUT:
    - Zambro 30M €
    Very sorry for him if he leaves, but that's football. Definately the best DL in the world.
    that aint football, thats business ffs :yuck:

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #34
    ++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

NOT TRUE!
    So why is he there? ive heard he doesnt get along with that new Ajax coach, but explain to me anyway.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

So why is he there? ive heard he doesnt get along with that new Ajax coach, but explain to me anyway.
    Simply because of an awfull season. Ajax were going through a little 'crisis' earlier in the season when Heitinga was still a a starter and Koeman still the coach. The defence was leaking holes everywhere and Koeman changed the central-back partnership to Escude-Grygera in the hope to improve the defence, it didn't do that much good at the time and Koeman was replaced by Danny Blind.
    The latter decided not to change the central partnership and left Heitinga on the bench.
    The last couple of matches Heitinga has made a couple of appearances again and seems on his way back into the team, it's way too early though to even look at Johnny Heitinga as a transfer target.

edit: PS just to make a mental note, Dan you used to be Blackmint right?

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #36
    Yep. And you have the VFB legend as your grandfather!

But i still really think Heitinga has alot of potential.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Yup, that's my grandfather.

About Heitinga, we'll just have to wait and see. He doesn't look good at the moment, but there's quite a chance he'll come good.

Now Ron Vlaar of AZ Alkmaar who deputised for the injured Mathijssen in the central defence is a real defensive talent!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
    Yup, that's my grandfather.

About Heitinga, we'll just have to wait and see. He doesn't look good at the moment, but there's quite a chance he'll come good.

Now Ron Vlaar of AZ Alkmaar who deputised for the injured Mathijssen in the central defence is a real defensive talent!
    Those Alkmaar gangstars are quite good at the moment! Who is that good at that team?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Well for starters the coach Co Adriaanse has moulded them into a a great quick passing one-touch footballing team, AZ have showed the best football I have seen all season. Their football even has a little of total football to it, the football ajax would love to play.

The team is more of a unity than a team with a couple of stars, they do have some very fine players though:
    - The gritty playmaker van Galen (he is in his mid-30'ies though, a real cult hero..)
    - Midfield engine Danny Landzaat (off to ajax?)
    - Talented striker Huysegems
    - The very complete striker/wingers Perez and Nelisse
    - The defence isn't bad either with some experience and a fine rightback in Kromkamp(injured) and their keeper Henk Timmer is having the season of his life.

Shamefully AZ had a dip in form(couldn't handle the battle on two fronts) and lost their second in the league to ajax, I really hope AZ still come in second in the eredivisie as they really deserve it!

None of these AZ players are really suited for our team, I'd love van Galen though. Shame though as he is too old and too loyal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)