Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #41
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve-Nuts ] ++
    Mutu any day,
    Mutu will probably accept being rotated with other player as WE WILL show him loyalty fingers crossed, also Mutu really loves Juventus, he said many times last year thet he wants to play for Juventus and that we are a great club so that should come into it aswell. Cassano will moan if he dosent play/ is substituted for the good of the team, hes selfish, he will be disruptive and what will he be like when Capello leaves? He will argue with any coach that we appoint, no denying his quality tho but i think Mutu has the potential to be as good plus we already have him and we paid nothing for him, y waste money on cassano when we could spend the money on a more useful central midfielder?! its bizarre that people are even voting for cassano IMO
    I disagree. Mutu does have an ego problem and he's a bit of a diva, this is well known to people who have followed his career. Will he accept the bench in his first season? Probably, cause he's new but not in the long run, he will want to be a star.

I also don't believe he loves Juve or anything like that, he's pragmatic. After Parma offered him a chance (and he took it) to shine on a big scale, he turned his back to the club and the league when he proclaimed the Premiership is much better :blah: Just because he thought he could afford to offend everybody as he was now in Abramovich's paradise. Then things didn't work out and now he's at Juve. That doesn't mean he loves the club, it means it was his best option at the time.

Cassano is problematic too, of course, most likely more than Mutu but you can't be sure until you actually see what happens. In any case, Moggi won't allow the squabbles Cassano had with Capello at Roma, not in public anyway, if they fight we won't hear about it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve-Nuts

May 31, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

I disagree. Mutu does have an ego problem and he's a bit of a diva, this is well known to people who have followed his career. Will he accept the bench in his first season? Probably, cause he's new but not in the long run, he will want to be a star.

I also don't believe he loves Juve or anything like that, he's pragmatic. After Parma offered him a chance (and he took it) to shine on a big scale, he turned his back to the club and the league when he proclaimed the Premiership is much better :blah: Just because he thought he could afford to offend everybody as he was now in Abramovich's paradise. Then things didn't work out and now he's at Juve. That doesn't mean he loves the club, it means it was his best option at the time.

Cassano is problematic too, of course, most likely more than Mutu but you can't be sure until you actually see what happens. In any case, Moggi won't allow the squabbles Cassano had with Capello at Roma, not in public anyway, if they fight we won't hear about it.
    I know about Mutu's career and in the past he has been a bit of a diva hence the cocaine and whatever else he might have taken, but hes a reformed charachter now, and the premiership in his opinion and in many other peoples opinion is a better quality league than the seria a, its ok to say that. But i often remember Mutu praising Juve before any of this drugs rubbish happened, sure its good for him, juve is good for cassano but i havent heard him praise us... and whats the point in wasting money better spent somewhere else, imo cassano is a waste of time and money. Cassano wouldnt sit on the bench in his first season like mutu will, our whole attack basically will not sit on the bench apart from mutu and we need someone that will once in a while. Of course he wont want to sit on the bench for his whole Juve career, thats good coz next year he will not be required to sit on the bench as del piero ages!

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
    Cassano is pure class, but I agree that no point over spend to get him, Mutu will do us fine next season. Maybe get Cassano on a bosman in 2006 ? That would be nice.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    I dont see where the bench talk is coming from for either of these players. The fact is, Capello isnt going to be playing Del Piero (at least not in the starting line up anyway). So really, neither Mutu nor Cassano are going to be too worried about lack of playing time, because acquiring one of them, would mean a three pronged attack anyway.

Juve-Nuts

May 31, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Edge ] ++
    Cassano is pure class, but I agree that no point over spend to get him, Mutu will do us fine next season. Maybe get Cassano on a bosman in 2006 ? That would be nice.
    Exactly, all agreed on a bosman :D c'mon moggi wont seriously spend 10mil wen he can wait a year and spend nothing

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
    Mutu any day,
    Mutu will probably accept being rotated with other player as WE WILL show him loyalty fingers crossed, also Mutu really loves Juventus, he said many times last year thet he wants to play for Juventus and that we are a great club so that should come into it aswell. Cassano will moan if he dosent play/ is substituted for the good of the team, hes selfish, he will be disruptive and what will he be like when Capello leaves? He will argue with any coach that we appoint, no denying his quality tho but i think Mutu has the potential to be as good plus we already have him and we paid nothing for him, y waste money on cassano when we could spend the money on a more useful central midfielder?! its bizarre that people are even voting for cassano IMO

Capello could handle Cassano even in Roma where the circumstances werent always ideal.

Juventus is the best organized team in italy, the coach has absolut power over the players, not the president, or owner (as forexample in Milan) or one of the players, as in Roma tells what gonna happen.

Anyone could notice how relaxed was Capello this season compared to the times he spend in Roma-madness. he even looks younger:)

And Cassano is huge talent, imo bizarre not to see it. Signing him is nothing to do with buy another class cm, we need both.

Del Piero will moan, but Roberto Baggio (who was a bit greater player) was moaning when Alex took his place. Thats life.

although after last season, it is hard to decide, wheter this Cassano thing is gonna end like the story of signing Emerson, or turns out to be something like the deschampes-prandelli smocescreen .

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    I lost some respect for Mutu when he said the things he said in England, but next to Cassano he's an angel.

Adrian Mutu for me.

Juve-Nuts

May 31, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++

Capello could handle Cassano even in Roma where the circumstances werent always ideal.

Juventus is the best organized team in italy, the coach has absolut power over the players, not the president, or owner (as forexample in Milan) or one of the players, as in Roma tells what gonna happen.

Anyone could notice how relaxed was Capello this season compared to the times he spend in Roma-madness. he even looks younger:)

And Cassano is huge talent, imo bizarre not to see it. Signing him is nothing to do with buy another class cm, we need both.

Del Piero will moan, but Roberto Baggio (who was a bit greater player) was moaning when Alex took his place. Thats life.

although after last season, it is hard to decide, wheter this Cassano thing is gonna end like the story of signing Emerson, or turns out to be something like the deschampes-prandelli smocescreen .
    And Mutu should b the one to replace del piero then. I no Capello can handle Cassano, he seems to be the only one that can, even with Capello he had bust ups. But Capello will go off to Real Madrid when his contract expires, then what will happen to Cassano? he'll either follow him like Panucci did or he'll argue with whomever sits on the Juve bench, we r fine wivout him and we dont need him when we have Zlatan, Trez, Mutu, Del Piero and Zala. Let him go to inter and further disrupt their squad

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    mutu to repace del piero?
    not quite.mutu's 26.juve need a player for the long run.like cassano.i still dont get why everyone's making a great fuss about his behaviour.eric cantona wasnt desicplined,and u can see tht he went on to become of the finest in the world.
    mutu probably wont be the same player again mentally after the drug thingy.
    and we need an italian.im sure capello wud prefer cassano over mutu too.
    i do sympathize with mutu,but for the betterment of the team,v need cassano.
    he's creative,he can provide goals,and he can score goals,and he's arrogant.with ibra along side him,AND trez/gilardino...the fwd line cud scare the crap outta the oppsition.

its pretty simple : get cassano,he's add creativness to the squad which we SO lacked this season.and he's got a bright future.when trappatoni says "anotnio cassano is the future of italian football",u know cassano's special.the most succesful coach in italian history cant be wrong.we the future of italian football should be at juventus in the summer,hopefully.mutu can go to hell as far as im concerned.

Juve-Nuts

May 31, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
    mutu to repace del piero?
    not quite.mutu's 26.juve need a player for the long run.like cassano.i still dont get why everyone's making a great fuss about his behaviour.eric cantona wasnt desicplined,and u can see tht he went on to become of the finest in the world.
    mutu probably wont be the same player again mentally after the drug thingy.
    and we need an italian.im sure capello wud prefer cassano over mutu too.
    i do sympathize with mutu,but for the betterment of the team,v need cassano.
    he's creative,he can provide goals,and he can score goals,and he's arrogant.with ibra along side him,AND trez/gilardino...the fwd line cud scare the crap outta the oppsition.

its pretty simple : get cassano,he's add creativness to the squad which we SO lacked this season.and he's got a bright future.when trappatoni says "anotnio cassano is the future of italian football",u know cassano's special.the most succesful coach in italian history cant be wrong.we the future of italian football should be at juventus in the summer,hopefully.mutu can go to hell as far as im concerned.
    No1 is doubting Cassano's quality, just his purchase
    Mutu is an option for the long term with about 4-5 years left in him
    Dont trust quotes like that, how many times have we heard that some1 is the "next maradonna", "next Zidane" or the "next del piero" and then the player has disapeared.
    And why are people so obsessed with having to have an italian lead the frontline? look at Milan and its Shevchenko, Inter its Adriano, Juve its arguably Zlatan
    who cares what nationality players are aslong as there good, i agree we should not turn into an arsenal where we field a team with no player from the country on the pitch or on the bench but we rlly do not need an italian 2 replace del piero, just a quality player and i believe that Mutu is that quality player, give him this season and im sure he will prove me right

And also mutu is creative, as is Zlatan and Del Piero. If you think creativity is the problem then u r backing up my idea of saving the money from cassano and buying a creative midfield player to play alongside emerson

Togon

Nov 2, 2003

And also mutu is creative, as is Zlatan and Del Piero. If you think creativity is the problem then u r backing up my idea of saving the money from cassano and buying a creative midfield player to play alongside emerson
    mutu is as creative as kezman, he can run and score, he is good but creating chances is not really his main strenght. He spent some times with the team, so Cap probably knows him. If he decides to swap him for Cass, who he knows better than anyone else, than i say he knows what he is doing.

All of his signing were perfect: Cannavaro, Zebina, Emerson, Zlatan, so i think he deserves more trust.

The nice thing is that Capello doesnt afraid to ask for expensive players, and Moggi trusts him, as we saw when buying Emerson, or Zlatan for more than Lippi spent the last two season. So if he thinks we need a class cm, which is obvious, then he will buy one, whter Cassano comes or not

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    I voted Adrian Mutu. Well, in this case it goes a little beyond sentimental reasons. I feel, he seems to be an ideal fit with Juve, and is more than capable of taking up the mantle of Del Piero, and be the symbol of the team. He seems to be a more mature person from the two, and his talent is as undoubted. Maybe we're just hyping him up here, but his Serie A record is creditable enough to justify at least one season with us, which to me, is all he needs to prove himself.
    Why would Mutu be more mature than Cassano? Anyway, I voted for "either one of them is fine".

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    I voted either one...I haven't seen enough of them to say one or the other. Capello will make a good decision.

Juve-Nuts

May 31, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++

mutu is as creative as kezman, he can run and score, he is good but creating chances is not really his main strenght. He spent some times with the team, so Cap probably knows him. If he decides to swap him for Cass, who he knows better than anyone else, than i say he knows what he is doing.

All of his signing were perfect: Cannavaro, Zebina, Emerson, Zlatan, so i think he deserves more trust.

The nice thing is that Capello doesnt afraid to ask for expensive players, and Moggi trusts him, as we saw when buying Emerson, or Zlatan for more than Lippi spent the last two season. So if he thinks we need a class cm, which is obvious, then he will buy one, whter Cassano comes or not
    You clearly do not know anything about this player if your opinion is that he is not creative.
    As Andy just said he had the most assists in the whole of the 2002/2003 seria a campaign and he also finished runner up in the scoring charts

Dont get me rong i trust Capello completely he is the 2nd best manager in the world after Mourinho and his transfer policy last year was exellent and no doubt it will be exellent again this year. I'm by no means saying if we did sign Cassano that would be a mistake, i love Cassano, hes a fantastic player, he was italys best in the euro's and i was praying for him to move to juventus, but given our current attacking options i dont believe his purchase is necessary as we already have the best attack in the league and as they say dont fix it if it aint broke. I'd rather use the money for the Cassano transfer on a midfielder e.g instead of Mozart for £4mill i would rather get a player like pizarro/rosicky/essien for £14mill

Geof

May 14, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
    Mutu,

he's free, we already got him, he trained with us for half a season, scores more than Cassano.....................................
    that's exactly wht I thought.

Plus we need to spend in Midfield and defence, not attack.

But Cassano would be sweet of course

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    IMO Mutu makes more sense. Cassano may be the better player but we already have Mutu who has trained with the squad since January and though he's had his problems in the past surely isn't as temperamental as his Italian counterpart. The key factor for me is the fact that we need to take care of other areas before we go looking for a striker. If we really needed another attacking option I wouldn't mind spending some extra cash to get Casso, but why open the cheque book to get Antonio when we already have Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet, Del Piero, Mutu and Zalayeta and we need a midfielder or two.

I say Mutu.

Jun 2, 2005
    We won't get Cassano. He made a pledge to the team last month(Calcio Italia) and will sign with the team when a mutual agreement is reached. Gilardino is a much better choice, but his price is rising and Moggi would have too dig deep into his pockets to acquire Alberto. Also Alberto never had the help of Totti and Montella, but I think we do not need a striker unless someone leaves(Del Piero or Trezeguet) and I would not want either of them to leave. We have Mutu next year and Volpato is a great young addition as well. Spend on midfield or defence and we'll save a lot of money.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
    Why all of you think that Mutu is not the same as he was?He simplay had a ban, he was not injured.That means he was trained with the otehr players.He simply has to play in some games

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)