Whom do you pick?

• Mutu

• Cassano

• either one is fine

• don't like any of them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Unless you've been dormant or otherwise incapacitated as regards transfer rumours the last 6 months, you've heard about the Mutu<>Cassano swap that's been plotted ever since we signed Mutu.

Would you rather keep Mutu or do you prefer Cassano? He would certainly cost us a bit more but perahps it's worth it? Already a figure in the Azzurri, could be an important Italian player for years to come, true to Juventus tradition to supply the backbone of the Azzurri afterall.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #6
    I'm completely undecided on this myself although I'm leaning towards Mutu for sentimental reasons plus it seems a bit silly to part with him already.

The question is obviously over Mutu's capability to perform to the heights he did in his season with Parma. He's been out of action for a long time and noone knows how this experienced changed him. The pressure would surely be considerable.

On the other hand, I don't think it's very likely that Cassano will flop. He has the talent to go very far and with the proper guidance he can. But even just accepting him for what he is today, he's one of the most talented and magical players in the league already. He's been playing in Serie A long enough to consider a safe bet, then there's the Capello factor to seal the deal completely. Obviously Capello won't be around for nearly as long as Cassano but it should be enough to get him settled anyway.

So in conclusion, I suppose either is fine with me.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
    But mind you Martin, this thread has a great potential to become a Del Piero discussion :D
    thank you, thank you very much :D

EDIT: vbulletin should consider a function for marking every thread with a probability rating for whether or not it will turn into a Del Piero discussion in the next version of the forum software :D

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    I'm completely undecided on this myself although I'm leaning towards Mutu for sentimental reasons plus it seems a bit silly to part with him already.

The question is obviously over Mutu's capability to perform to the heights he did in his season with Parma. He's been out of action for a long time and noone knows how this experienced changed him. The pressure would surely be considerable.

On the other hand, I don't think it's very likely that Cassano will flop. He has the talent to go very far and with the proper guidance he can. But even just accepting him for what he is today, he's one of the most talented and magical players in the league already. He's been playing in Serie A long enough to consider a safe bet, then there's the Capello factor to seal the deal completely. Obviously Capello won't be around for nearly as long as Cassano but it should be enough to get him settled anyway.

I would prefer Cassano any day.since he is younger and can replace del piero, while Mutu over 26 maybe?and I doubt if he is "first team" kind of player for a club like Juve

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004

thank you, thank you very much :D

EDIT: vbulletin should consider a function for marking every thread with a probability rating for whether or not it will turn into a Del Piero discussion in the next version of the forum software :D

Nice idea, but this is pretty useless on this forum as most of the threads are turning to that discussion. I am expecting it to start in the Off-Topic section :D

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    Either one is fine. Although I would also like to see Cassano, since he's younger, more talented (IMO) and will be great in club and country. Del Pieros natural heir.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
    Nice idea, but this is pretty useless on this forum as most of the threads are turning to that discussion. I am expecting it to start in the Off-Topic section :D
    Btw I set the poll timeout to 60 days to give us plenty of time to hear rational and irrational arguments :D

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Mutu,

he's free, we already got him, he trained with us for half a season, scores more than Cassano.....................................

gray

Apr 22, 2003

My thoughts exactly.

For sentimental reasons I would say Mutu, but I must admit that in the long run, Cassano may well be worth the extra money. He's undoubtedly a very talented player, and it's always good to see Juventini in the Azzurri lineup too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)