Mutu, once again... (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
I've always liked Mutu and felt he was underutilized at Chelsea. I'd take him over Crespo (value for the money, age) or Di Vaio (consistency).
Me too, but I don't that those are the options available to us. If Chelsea let us sap DV for either Mutu or Crespo, it'd be a dream come true.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I like Mutu because he is able to do more things off-the-ball and able to create for his teammates a lot better than Trez could. The static striker a-la Trez might become a dinosaur as more teams are going to be looking for more creativity among their forwards.

Mar 14, 2004
Guys,I will repeat: Mutu scored 20+ and was the best assister in the leauge for Parma. He made Adriano a player that he is now.
Think of him as a DelPiero but stronger,faster.
I can see that most of the people here dont like players that have left SerieA for EPL (Crespo,Mutu,Veron) that have shined here(where Juve plays remember? JUVE DOES NOT PLAY IN PREMIER LEAUGE!!!) and stinked there.
When Mutu comes back....he will be old again...feeding Gila/DP/Zlatan/Cave/even fckin Bierhoff(thats a joke) with the balls. IMO Mutu was better than Miccoli and still is. Miccoli will definately play a lot knowing how much DP will be injured.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Source: www.sports.it

La Juve pensa a Mutu

Se il prossimo allenatore della Juve dovesse essere Cesare Prandelli, la società bianconera potrebbe portare a Torino Adrian Mutu.

Nella Juve ringiovanita del futuro l’idea tattica del tecnico di
Orzinuovi è quella di schierare Alberto Gilardino come unica punta centrale con tre giocatori al sue spalle: Del Piero, Maresca e appunto il rumeno del Chelsea. Lo stesso schema che gli sta regalando tante soddisfazioni con il Parma.

Dopo un buon inizio nel campionato inglese, Ranieri ha spesso perferito Gudjohnsen a Mutu. La voce di mercato nasce però da una confidenza che il giocatore rumeno avrebbe fatto ai compagni di Nazionale ai quali avrebbe detto di trattare il suo rientro in Italia, proprio con la società bianconera.

Mutu con Prandelli ha un ottimo rapporto, consolidato nella stagione scorsa nel Parma dove con Adriano formava la coppia più bella del campionato partendo alle spalle dell’attaccante brasiliano.

Nonostante si parli di un possibile, quanto improbabile scambio con Del Piero, Mutu potrebbe arrivare alla Juve in cambio di Nedved o Trezeguet più un conguaglio in denaro da parte del Chelsea, utile per fare altre opreazioni di mercato.

Roman Abramovich è attratto dai due giocatori bianconeri e non è da escludere che possa fare il gran colpo portandoli entrambi a Londra e nel contempo liberando la Juve di due ingaggi onerosi per le sue casse.

La Juve con Mutu: Buffon, Bonera, Ferrari, Thuram, Zambrotta, Tacchinardi, Blasi (Appiah), Maresca, Del Piero, Mutu, Gilardino.

Look at the line up!
From what you are saying here i'd prefer Trabelsi on Bonera.
other parts looks pretty impressive...:angel:

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
sports.it siad we would play like this with Mutu:

------------------Buffon----------------------
Bonera------Thuram----Ferrari----Zambrotta
----------Tacchinardi----Blasi-----------------
Maresca---------Del Piero-------Mutu-------
------------------Gilardino---------------------

I like that formation, but I would get Oddo instead of Bonera and Jankulovski or any def. midfielder instead of Blasi!

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

I like that formation, but I would get Oddo instead of Bonera and Jankulovski or any def. midfielder instead of Blasi!
Blasi is not so bad, and Appiah can slot into that position just as well. The thing that bothers me is that Maresca is out wide, but he doesn't have the pace to cover that. I think that it would be mroe effective to put Del Piero on the left, Maresca in the centre and Mutu on the right.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++

Heheh, my master league looks similar- i only take players who have been linked to juve:

-----------------------------buffon-------------------------------

trabelsi---------------mexes-------lucio(FERRARI)----------Janku

----------------------------------rosicky----------------------------------------------

------------------zambrotta----------------------------------van der vaart-----

-------------------------------Nevded-------------------------

------------------Giladino---------------Zlatan-----------------

BUt how did u get maresca?? i couldnt find him on the game!!!:confused:
Strong team, Very inbalanced though :D, Rosicky dmf ;) haha.

Yes I created Maresca. I edited him off an Italian player from pes/we united.

Try Dominic says:
http://www.mlfsbrazil.hpg.ig.com.br

or

Gamefags.com

Although i slightly edited mlfsbrazil's stats.

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
I really like Mutu and to be honest I got fed up when they had the chance to buy him and didn't do it...I like Miccoli a lot too, but I don't know...I got really impressed in his last season in Italy. He scored wonderful goals gave so many assist...hard decision. I think Mutu could perfectly play with Miccoli, as Mutu is more foward and Miccoli more of a striker kinda like Romario...they could make an impressive attack pair.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

I do not like this lineup. Again, I realize my biggest fear: Juve without a true playmaker. In this lineup, Del Piero will be stuck with doing the creative duties, and when he is given this role he has failed, miserably! When Nedved was not present last year, Alex had to come back more in the midfield, and he was not very effective. This was ever present in the C.L. Final. Again, Alex should be played more foward as a striker along with Gilardino; it just works better and Alex does what he does best more often, which is score goals. Well I know some people would say Maresca could do the creating, but he is not suited for that role IMO. I say Moggi needs to buy a true playmaker, hopefully Rosicky or vdV. As I have said before, creativity is one of the keys to success along with defence. And in this lineup, we will have little creativity. Now move Maresca into Blasi's place, and bring in Rosicky for Enzo's place, and we should be set for winning again.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
yep, there is one problem with getting mutu. we destroy the career of Fabrizio Miccoli. Mutu is a supportive striker, where he proved at Parma to be one of the best in europe IMO. He is able to play in the hole, but more in a 3 man forward line up.

also, some of the line ups can only work if we get upgrades in DM. Maresca playing off an anchor is more than fine as he is very well balanced, but then to have the likes of the mutu, del piero and maybe even miccoli behind Gilardino has to have a world class DM. And of course, a right back who can move forward well, ie. trabelsi or oddo.

buffon
trabelsi mexes ferrari zambrotta
emerson maresca
miccoli mutu del piero
gilardino

that team could work. but its very offensive and our defence will have to be at its best 90 mins every game.

btw, trezeguet and nedved should get us Mutu and at least another 20 million. Trezeguet and nedved are both worth more than mutu IMO.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

I do not like this lineup. Again, I realize my biggest fear: Juve without a true playmaker. In this lineup, Del Piero will be stuck with doing the creative duties, and when he is given this role he has failed, miserably! When Nedved was not present last year, Alex had to come back more in the midfield, and he was not very effective. This was ever present in the C.L. Final. Again, Alex should be played more foward as a striker along with Gilardino; it just works better and Alex does what he does best more often, which is score goals. Well I know some people would say Maresca could do the creating, but he is not suited for that role IMO. I say Moggi needs to buy a true playmaker, hopefully Rosicky or vdV. As I have said before, creativity is one of the keys to success along with defence. And in this lineup, we will have little creativity. Now move Maresca into Blasi's place, and bring in Rosicky for Enzo's place, and we should be set for winning again.
I say it again and again.............forget Rosicky! He is soooo overrated! Borussia can't even find a buyer! He is not the player, you think he is! I see him very often, and he is not good enough for Juve!
Van der Vaart maybe or any other playmaker!

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
I am a little sceptic about Mutu, not only because of a bad season in England, since he dont suit the english playing style, but he commented Serie A and made fun of it when he arrived at Chelsea. But i wont deny that he is good, and with Prandelli as coach, just imagine, he was the one who made Mutu to the player he is, and can make him much better in the future too, together with Gilardino.

it could be like this:

---------------------Buffon

Birindelli----Thuram---Ferrari---Zambrotta

-------------- Tacchinardi/Appiah

---Fiore/Camo----Nedved-------Del Piero

-------------Gilardino---Mutu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)