'Murica! (42 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Weaponizing the justice system against trump is only going to galvanize the right in his support
Yeah, but who on the right doesn't have their mind made up already? Just look at the caucuses, Trump and Rama got the vast majority of votes. The DeSantis freaks were always going to cave to Trump as well. I would pay more attention to moderates who don't really have a party affiliation. I would vote for Trump again if it wasn't for his band of traitorous redneck scum, but their villainization of everyone but themselves is pretty much a nonstarter for me at this point. They are sad, sad fucks, and even their trucker troglodytes are inflationist fuckwits as well.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
As it turns out, Portland isn't actually Portugal.

Hard hit by the US opioid crisis, Oregon reconsiders decriminalization

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ha...gon-reconsiders-decriminalization-2024-02-18/

The last two lines really get me:
If Measure 110 is repealed or changed, Hood anticipates he'll keep using, albeit more discreetly.

"I'm going to go back underground and hide it, and just go back to the old ways. And just hope I don't get caught," he said. "I'm sure one day I'll wake up and want to get some help."
The fuck are you talking about??

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
can’t say I agree.

New York is doing pretty well when it comes to businesses. They’re top 3 in the USA with over 2 trillion GDP.

that opinion piece is high school debate class level when it comes to the amount of cherry picking it does and the way it states “facts”

imo, do the crime and pay the time. Trump is a con man, this is his just deserts if you ask me
New York State has a higher GDP than Russia. While having less than 1/7th the population. Yet Trump, Tucker Carlson, and MAGA “patriots” want us to believe that New York State is some failing leftist hellhole run by treasonous criminals, while Russia is strong and prosperous country with powerful, righteous leader. :lol3:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
As it turns out, Portland isn't actually Portugal.

Hard hit by the US opioid crisis, Oregon reconsiders decriminalization

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ha...gon-reconsiders-decriminalization-2024-02-18/
Even Portugal isn't actually Portugal anymore. There's been a few questions about how that's played out here in recent years with fentanyl nibbling at the fringes and tax money often getting funneled elsewhere.

The last two lines really get me:

The fuck are you talking about??
Meanwhile.... well, the dude is on drugs. :boh:

Make Carpool Lanes Fun Again

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Even Portugal isn't actually Portugal anymore. There's been a few questions about how that's played out here in recent years with fentanyl nibbling at the fringes and tax money often getting funneled elsewhere.
What have been proposed changes or solutions there?
they should try a police dance team

Imagine half of them chasing after anyone

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
they should try a police dance team

You allow a Black National Anthem at the Super Bowl, this is naturally what happens next.

What have been proposed changes or solutions there?
This isn't a bad take on it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/07/07/portugal-drugs-decriminalization-heroin-crack/

To be fair, I think reconsidering policy is good policy.

Too many people get hung up on this antiquated idea that government policies must remain fixed and never change. That investors and businesses and families and the like can then operate with greater certainty.

But policies work until they don't anymore. And there's no reason to keep a dying or out-of-date policy alive if it starts to hurt more than it helps.

Portugal's government has been given crap for changing its rules around short-term rentals in cities like Lisbon or issuing "golden visas". But the smart move was to change those rules as the bad side-effects of those policies started to rival and exceed the original benefits as designed.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
That is a real risk.

But at the same time the man is a criminal, who has hurt others financially. Regardless of who he is, he should be prosecuted. That's how any half decent justice system works.
Trump wants the president (OK, himself) to be above the law. I'm not so sure that's ever had good outcomes ever.

And it's not like people aren't jizzing over Hunter Biden. But at least get a credible witness.

This is good. It's like performance art. Then he starts really going over the edge as he hits the finale.

But he's no different than one of the "good" people who marched in Charlottesville in 2017 chanting "They will not replace us". But we somehow forgot that.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Trump wants the president (OK, himself) to be above the law. I'm not so sure that's ever had good outcomes ever.
And every court he has presented this to has pretty much ruled: fuck no.

I don't even get the idea behind it. I mean, he's not president at this moment in time. Couldn't Biden just declare the USA a kingdom and sentence Trump to death with impunity? After all, it is Biden who is president.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 39)