'Murica! (145 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
They do have a good amount of trails but yeah, most of them will have tourists at this point. The more difficult ones like Angles Landing won’t have as many tho. And one thing I wish I did was camp, all the tourists go away once the sun sets so you have a lot more freedom at night.
Angels Landing is permit only now because there were so many people trying to do it every day and getting stuck. So that’s pretty awesome.

You even see people trying to day hike the Subway starting at 2:00pm and you’re coming out and you know they’re not making it home that night.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Angels Landing is permit only now because there were so many people trying to do it every day and getting stuck. So that’s pretty awesome.
It is pretty awesome. Because it needs it. Six years ago we had a few points up there where people scrambling the chains had head-on collisions.

Go to the Kolob entrance of Zion, or go on a weekday.
The crowds at Arches aren’t a problem at all. I went during 4th of July weekend last year and it was manageable. No delays or anything.
Arches was ok but ruined by all the tourist bus hordes in my book. You couldn't climb into the Double Arch in October without Asian tourists photographing your every pore.

And here's me on my summit of Angel's Peak a couple weeks before someone fell off in 2017. This trail cannot sustain heavy traffic without death, and some lunkheads would do that anyway.

IMG_2484.JPG

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Go to the Kolob entrance of Zion, or go on a weekday.
The crowds at Arches aren’t a problem at all. I went during 4th of July weekend last year and it was manageable. No delays or anything.
I spent quite a bit of time hiking in Zion and Arches and other American Southwest parks back in Autumn 2011 on a 4-5 month road trip bouldering in that area. Even spots like Angel’s Landing had almost no one there when I went.

I just don’t have much desire to visit them anymore even on their “quiet” days. I know the crowds are often manageable, but I prefer the almost no one else there places. Probably in part due to me being a “grumpy old man” now lol

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I spent quite a bit of time hiking in Zion and Arches and other American Southwest parks back in Autumn 2011 on a 4-5 month road trip bouldering in that area. Even spots like Angel’s Landing had almost no one there when I went.

I just don’t have much desire to visit them anymore even on their “quiet” days. I know the crowds are often manageable, but I prefer the almost no one else there places. Probably in part due to me being a “grumpy old man” now lol
Welcome to the club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 137)