Diez
Apr 14, 2005
How about:

- ah, those silly QAnon conspiracy theorists - _______ doesn't exist
- we never said ______ didn't exist, stop lying
- everyone knew about ______ all along
- _______ is not a big deal, pure clickbait
- _______ is actually a good thing. Science says
"Safe and effective" man I'm never buying anything that's got that as their marketing hook :lol:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
As we're on the topic of conspiracy theories, I've been seeing talk making the rounds about this movie "Sound of Freedom" - to do with an underground child trafficking ring in the US.

Lefties say QAnon conspiracy theory, righties say we knew it all along.

Anyone seen it?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
As we're on the topic of conspiracy theories, I've been seeing talk making the rounds about this movie "Sound of Freedom" - to do with an underground child trafficking ring in the US.

Anyone seen it?
Haven't seen it.

But the right basically labels everyone they disagree with as pedophiles now, so it's like we have a million Comet Pizzas to discuss daily.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Anyone seen it?
Of course they are. Visiting Cambodia some 12 years ago was surreal, it was totally "normal" to see 50-60 year old white men with 10-12 year olds.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well I know that child trafficking and sex slavery happens in my country as a transshipment point to other countries, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Oh, there's no doubt it exists. But much of the actual convicted pedos are religious white dudes. Every single day pastor or other clown gets convicted and sentenced. Nobody on the right covers it though.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Oh, there's no doubt it exists. But much of the actual convicted pedos are religious white dudes. Every single day pastor or other clown gets convicted and sentenced. Nobody on the right covers it though.
That's true, the right is hypocritical is their selective outrage at who's doing the crime. The abuses by priests and pastors seem more like a local thing though. If there is a much larger scale of international trafficking with the super wealthy and politicians involved, mainstream media doesn't seem very interested in talking about that.

Either way, people cover up and protect the perpetrators who are on their side.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Anyone seen it?
its about human trafficking in Latin America but the group who save the kids is from Utah. The guy who it’s about recently was let go by that organization because he’s a wild mofo and the guy who plays him believes in adrenachrome conspiracies. So that’s basically the cusp of it.

I haven’t seen it but it has drawn criticism from other other anti trafficking organizations due to its highly dramatized portrayal of trafficking.

Oh and I do believe that human trafficking exists.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Anyone seen it?
There’s more slavery in America today than there was in 1863

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 159)