'Murica! (80 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Is that really what he did though? If that was his intention, he would just say take my music off spotify, i dont want to be profiting from an organization that profits of misinformation. But he didnt, he gave them a choice between himself and Rogan. I'm guessing he thought they would choose him.

Its the same with the medical experts writing an open letter to Spotify basically asking them to remove Rogan from the platform. Personally i would have preferred if instead their letter just addressed the misinformation, and made a point to the public that you should look at the studies, research and empirical evidence, rather than take your medical advice from a podcast hosted by a comedian.

I don't think these kind of moves do any good. Because people who take vaccine advice from a comedian, will find another pseudo expert on the internet to confirm to them their conspiracy that the elites are out to get them, or whatever other conspiracy the Igor Tudors out there believe in. These moves increase Igor Tudors in our society, they do not suddenly make them more amenable to evidence, expertise and reason.
Na, he knew he wasn't going to win. Joe Rogan is a cash cow for Spotify, they aren't going to let that go easily. What Neil Young did make Spotify do is to come out with a statement that said something along the lines of how they have removed 1000s of podcasts because of misinformation. Now the ball is in Spotify's court. They might not remove Joe, but they have a tightrope to walk on now. Pressure on media companies do work, that's how the Alex Jones' of the world got kicked off Youtube.

For the second bolded part, the public don't give a shit about proof because they have already made up their mind.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Na, he knew he wasn't going to win. Joe Rogan is a cash cow for Spotify, they aren't going to let that go easily. What Neil Young did make Spotify do is to come out with a statement that said something along the lines of how they have removed 1000s of podcasts because of misinformation. Now the ball is in Spotify's court. They might not remove Joe, but they have a tightrope to walk on now. Pressure on media companies do work, that's how the Alex Jones' of the world got kicked off Youtube.

For the second bolded part, the public don't give a shit about proof because they have already made up their mind.
Yes exactly. Which is why doing what you're dping to Rogan is not going to make any difference. People who don't take their advice from evidence are not suddenly going to do so because you censored Rogan.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Yes exactly. Which is why doing what you're dping to Rogan is not going to make any difference. People who don't take their advice from evidence are not suddenly going to do so because you censored Rogan.
First, Rogan is not being censored. In the same way Alex Jone's was not censored. Getting banned from a private streaming service because you breach their ToS is not censorship. Its heavy handed moderation.

Secondly, Rogan's reach is one of the reason misinformation coming from him is an issue. If you clip that, you do put some curb on the spread of misinformation. Alex Jones fell off the face of the earth once InfoWars was banned from YouTube and Spotify. Now the man is walking about getting beaten up by his wife.

I don't mind Rogan, some of his interviews are actually quite good. But the man mostly has no opinions of his own. Even the ones he has are weird as fuck. Like his skin color talk with Peterson. That thing was hilariously mad.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Though the Mods crack me up...

Jason Williamson can be as offensively poetic in his tweets as he is with his lyrics. All it needs is an Andrew Fearn backbeat.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
First, Rogan is not being censored. In the same way Alex Jone's was not censored. Getting banned from a private streaming service because you breach their ToS is not censorship. Its heavy handed moderation.

Secondly, Rogan's reach is one of the reason misinformation coming from him is an issue. If you clip that, you do put some curb on the spread of misinformation. Alex Jones fell off the face of the earth once InfoWars was banned from YouTube and Spotify. Now the man is walking about getting beaten up by his wife.

I don't mind Rogan, some of his interviews are actually quite good. But the man mostly has no opinions of his own. Even the ones he has are weird as fuck. Like his skin color talk with Peterson. That thing was hilariously mad.
Again, that is not whats happening. If Spotify took this decision, you'd be hard pressed to force a private streaming service to air his podcast. I also see nothing wrong with advertisers pulling out, because they dont want to be associated with certain views, or misinformation. But again, in this case, its a bunch of medical experts (who of course we should be listening to not Rogan) and a popular musician attempting to pressure a private streaming service to censor a certain individual.

I like Rogan too, i think a big part of his appeal is that unless its about marijuana, he generally allows his guests to talk and does not push a certain agenda. The same cannot be said about most media outlets in the US especially.

Now that being said, what are Rogan's credentials? He's a comedian, a UFC commentator, actor whatever else he does in the entertainment business. People who consider him an authority on any topic in politics, culture, medicine, the economy or whatever are idiots. These idiots would jump onto another non-expert if you censor Rogan.

You cannot compare between Rogan and Jones btw. The latter is a clear source of misinformation and lies. Rogan might host guests who have weird or unconventional views, but he is not aggressively pushing a misinformation agenda.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
AJ was good back in the day when he was going after corruption in government, the police state, and federal reserve. Now it's all about the vaccine and Trump, mostly nonsense.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
the whole torturing of sandy hook parents by jones and his followers was his downfall
IDK, I think some of that is BS too. It might be controversial but it's not like he was harassing the families saying their kids never existed day after day. He always questioned the official story, but that goes on for pretty much every disaster or shooting now.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
IDK, I think some of that is BS too. It might be controversial but it's not like he was harassing the families saying their kids never existed day after day. He always questioned the official story, but that goes on for pretty much every disaster or shooting now.
idk if I would call that questioning, that was straight up malicious defamation to push an agenda. Calling parents actors and that their kids didn’t really die? If he’s not actually retarded, he was doing that to push an agenda and profit off of dead children. Deserves to go down for that imo

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
idk if I would call that questioning, that was straight up malicious defamation to push an agenda. Calling parents actors and that their kids didn’t really die? If he’s not actually retarded, he was doing that to push an agenda and profit off of dead children. Deserves to go down for that imo
I don't know how he profits from doing that. If it was anybody else it wouldn't even be a big deal, people would just call him crazy and move on. But since it's Alex Jones...

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He encouraged his followers to stalk and harass the parents who lost their children. I mean c’mon dude. Some of them literally had to move away and weren’t able to visit their children’s graves anymore because of his followers.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He encouraged his followers to stalk and harass the parents who lost their children. I mean c’mon dude. Some of them literally had to move away and weren’t able to visit their children’s graves anymore because of his followers.
I don't remember hearing him encourage people to stalk them though. And I listened to him quite a lot back then.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't remember hearing him encourage people to stalk them though. And I listened to him quite a lot back then.
C’mon, he was telling a huge audience that all these people were crisis actors and it was a big false flag operation. That no children died and these “parents” were all liars. Doesn’t take a genius to understand that this strongly encouraged the behaviour above. He’s a piece of shit scumbag and always was.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
C’mon, he was telling a huge audience that all these people were crisis actors and it was a big false flag operation. That no children died and these “parents” were all liars. Doesn’t take a genius to understand that this strongly encouraged the behaviour above. He’s a piece of shit scumbag and always was.
Just because someone says X and someone else does Y, doesn't mean that person is responsible, IMO.

I think we've talked about something like this before, rings a bell.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Just because someone says X and someone else does Y, doesn't mean that person is responsible, IMO.

I think we've talked about something like this before, rings a bell.
Of course it doesn’t. But when you spend years and years pushing such lies and slander to a national audience with a lot of insane people, at some point you have to shoulder some responsibility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 65)