'Murica! (86 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
She's an alien, she just doesn't know how to be human.
She's not an alien. She's a robot optimized for #PoliticalCareerGoalz. Aliens wouldn't stare in the mirror every day giving themselves affirmations like, "You are the most powerful woman in America and you deserve the throne."

Faces of Evil

Imagine THAT being your president
Nancy_Pelosi_meets_with_Stacey_Abrams_%28cropped%29a.jpg
Nancy was in my 'hood last week to pick up an award.

Beyootch couldn't even swing by for a coffee.

Stacey Abrams, the Governor of Georgia :lol:
She's actually more powerful than the governor, who these days is too busy cowering from Trump. There's hardly a governor that could do what she did. Georgia Republicans would have been wiser to have let her win instead of Kemp, given that own goal at the state and national levels in response.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
More inflation anecdotes:

Went to the grocery store the other day for paper towels. A six pack of big Bounty paper towels was $10 like six months ago, now it's $18.

Here are a few charts on other commodities, straight up since Sleepy Joe.

Going to fun to heating homes if we have a bad winter.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Something tells me all our externalized costs of mass production are starting to be internalized.

Welcome to the real costs of things. RIP, world of artificially cheap crap.

And btw, Amazon never had free shipping...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Gas jumping 40% is not on brandon, but it's because of externalized costs, got it.
Look around. It's not like inflation is exclusive to the U.S. right now. Yes, the U.S. is getting hit a bit more, but it has opened its economy sooner.

When US was at 5%+ and a 13-year high, Euro inflation was north of 2% and UK 2.5%, and it was happening in Asia.

Now reports are that Euro inflation is at a 13-year high: https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...-year-high-worsening-ecb-headache-2021-10-01/

And today, inflation at the source in China's factories: https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/14/economy/china-inflation-gdp-supply-chains-intl-hnk/index.html - the costs of goods being shipped out is rising at the highest rate ever recorded.

If blaming Brandon makes you feel better, great. But that is all that's going to accomplish for you. Labor, supply chains, production costs, etc. seem to be taking a hit almost everywhere.

Last edited:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Look around. It's not like inflation is exclusive to the U.S. right now.

If blaming Brandon makes you feel better, great. But that is all that's going to accomplish for you.
I don't care about feelings or being socially appropriate, maybe that's why i don't stick my head in the sand and at evey turn try to defend brandon to deal with my dissonance.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I don't care about feelings or being socially appropriate, maybe that's why i don't stick my head in the sand and at evey turn try to defend brandon to deal with my dissonance.
BDS isn't any better than TDS. But get rid of Biden, and that doesn't explain what's going on in Europe and China right now.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
More inflation anecdotes:

Went to the grocery store the other day for paper towels. A six pack of big Bounty paper towels was $10 like six months ago, now it's $18.

Here are a few charts on other commodities, straight up since Sleepy Joe.

Going to fun to heating homes if we have a bad winter.

Should the govt interfere and regulate the prices for these companies in the private sector?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Should the govt interfere and regulate the prices for these companies in the private sector?
These aren't companies per se, they are the commodities futures market which occur on regulated exchanges. The government could impose price ceilings on stuff, but then you basically destroy the capacity to produce and shortages arrive, so it doesn't work.

The answer isn't government doing anything - other than stop fucking spending so much goddamn money they don't have!

- - - Updated - - -

Look around. It's not like inflation is exclusive to the U.S. right now. Yes, the U.S. is getting hit a bit more, but it has opened its economy sooner.

When US was at 5%+ and a 13-year high, Euro inflation was north of 2% and UK 2.5%, and it was happening in Asia.

Now reports are that Euro inflation is at a 13-year high: https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...-year-high-worsening-ecb-headache-2021-10-01/

And today, inflation at the source in China's factories: https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/14/economy/china-inflation-gdp-supply-chains-intl-hnk/index.html - the costs of goods being shipped out is rising at the highest rate ever recorded.

If blaming Brandon makes you feel better, great. But that is all that's going to accomplish for you. Labor, supply chains, production costs, etc. seem to be taking a hit almost everywhere.
Sure, it isn't just Brandon. But Brandon wants to spend trillions in funds he doesn't have, borrowing and spending into oblivion for shit that doesn't matter and we can't afford, going into debt with the Fed and foreign creditors that inherently causes the value of the dollar to plummet. While at the same time shutting off productive capacity for US energy sources. You can't keep doing this and expect inflation to be "under control" which is what they always say. This is runaway inflation at this point, and it's under Brandon's regime.

Last edited:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
BDS isn't any better than TDS. But get rid of Biden, and that doesn't explain what's going on in Europe and China right now.
Trump allowed fracking, trump told the green fucks to beat it, trump stopped saudi/russia nonsense at OPEC. Brandon takes naps. But yeah who am i to hold the president responsible for the deteriorating of the economy and lifestyle of every day people. A rude awalening beckons.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Trump allowed fracking, trump told the green fucks to beat it, trump stopped saudi/russia nonsense at OPEC. Brandon takes naps. But yeah who am i to hold the president responsible for the deteriorating of the economy and lifestyle of every day people. A rude awalening beckons.
Yep, Brandon wants everyone paying $5 at the pump so they buy the new Ford electric vehicle, or $40 to refill their propane tank for their grill. 50% of households use propane or nat gas during the winter, so he probably wants everyone's pipes freezing to you know, help the economy. Broken windows theory and all.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
But Europe is getting hammered on power and gas prices: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...nder-a-worsening-energy-squeeze?sref=U0wOqcqE
And even India is undergoing a coal crisis: https://espresso.economist.com/1ffef630011b95d233d7dd7c7b078568

Things are getting bizarro everywhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 69)