'Murica! (214 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Any empire falls eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. I thought social engineering was a means of manipulation.
It is a means of manipulation. The modern intellectualism we see in this country is really "wokeness", which is driven largely by social media and media in general. They should create a Social Dilemma 2.0 that focuses on political manipulation. If you're a slave to social media, it's much easier to make you a slave to a certain line of thinking, whether it be political or other matters.

- - - Updated - - -

There's only two statements you can make then:

1. A President can never be silenced. Which suggests the frailties of human condition somehow disappear with a title and we have to treat people more like Kim Jong Un.

or

2. If not now, when? At which point does a President trigger the conditions where silencing becomes necessary? Burning down the Capitol with gas canister in hand maybe?

People have the freedom to believe QAnon to their heart's content. All I really ask is that their freedom of thought doesn't require my taxpayer-funded government to pursue policies to combat a clandestine pedophile cabal run by lizard people. Is that really too much to ask?
I would say that there is a lot of government spending that might as well go towards combating fictitious lizard people, especially as much of it is a black hole that leads to nowhere. So what's the difference. If we could vote on where exactly our tax dollars are spent, it would be nice. But most likely your tax dollars went towards blowing up some Iraqis or paying a stipend to a congressional clerk to push papers at the capitol all day and give Republican senators a handjob at lunch.

And again, Trump never said "go to the capitol and kill Nancy Pelosi. These are orders."

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
2021 either ey lol I'm an 1980 baby so it hit home
Haha! A little close to home! :D

It is a means of manipulation. The modern intellectualism we see in this country is really "wokeness", which is driven largely by social media and media in general. They should create a Social Dilemma 2.0 that focuses on political manipulation. If you're a slave to social media, it's much easier to make you a slave to a certain line of thinking, whether it be political or other matters.
I see that less as social manipulation and more social gaming and performative politics. It's phoning it in to show off to your friends, doing-it-for-the-Gram-style. How to make zero real impact, but put on a show that you are so that you don't have to do any of the hard work. AKA Slacktivism.

I would say that there is a lot of government spending that might as well go towards combating fictitious lizard people, especially as much of it is a black hole that leads to nowhere. So what's the difference. If we could vote on where exactly our tax dollars are spent, it would be nice. But most likely your tax dollars went towards blowing up some Iraqis or paying a stipend to a congressional clerk to push papers at the capitol all day and give Republican senators a handjob at lunch.

And again, Trump never said "go to the capitol and kill Nancy Pelosi. These are orders."
In a strange way, I am more comfortable knowing that my tax money (and I still pay US taxes for realz) is being wasted on Chris Christie's bariatric prostitutes than lizard men. Because at least with the former there's still a chance that some good could come out of that black hole.

Bariatric prostitutes gotta feed themselves.

Thank God the French didn’t win
Damn right they didn't :juventus:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
America is so doomed :lol:

It seems to have started during Clinton's term. Ever since then, I've noticed that the time between a new president taking office and the appearance of car bumper stickers demanding his impeachment have been narrowing with every election. Looks like we're now down to less than 24 hours:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...e-will-introduce-impeachment-articles-against

It probably would have been negative time -- before Biden takes office -- if only Republicans could first acknowledge him as the legitimate president. :cool:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What kind of retard covers their car in bumper stickers anyway.

My car is too nice for bumper stickers. I only have one its a motocross one and it covers up the spot where someone hit my car and left a tiny dent.

Last edited:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
$15 minimum wage is going to destroy small businesses in my area. I mean, they're already struggling because of the pandemic, and this fucking moron wants to take their business and send it to the corporations which are moving more towards automation. Someone impeach this stupid motherfucker already.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah. We should really have people working 40hrs a week and making less than living wages, impoverished. Murican dream right there! :tuttosport:

Businesses unable to pay people living wages are shit businesses.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So you think restaurants are shit businesses? :lol:
Lol. Good logic, cupcake. Servers/waitresses make living wages thanks to tipping culture. Places can have different minimum wage for servers/waitresses due to this. We do here. We also have a lower minimum wage for adolescents working their first several hundred hours in a job. These things are alright. Paying adults working full time (without income supplements such as tips) below poverty line wages isn’t alright no matter which way you slice it, and arguing in favour of it is remarkably dumb.

But go on, tell us about the great American dream of working full time for poverty level wages. :lol:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 198)