'Murica! (42 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think it's true almost independent of where you get your food.

Restaurants largely would not exist if not for immigrant workers, many of them with questionable documentation. And the food that is grown, that's also dependent on the same labor structures. Some Americans decry illegal and even legal immigrants, but everything from growing crops to raising livestock to meat packing to operating restaurants would be much more expensive without them.

You can't complain about minimum wage being too high, the presence of undocumented workers, and the price of food all at the same time -- that's just pure economic fantasy. One if not two of those factors needs to budge to address the others.

I also have to cast doubt on the idea that Americans cannot afford to buy decent food. This goes beyond the money Americans spend on video games, TV subscriptions, and avocado toast. The US is the most overweight country on the planet pretty much, so clearly it's not a question of quantity or access to any kind of food. Affording better food is going to be more expensive, surely. But every time someone decries organic food being elitist and expensive, I call b.s. All of India eats organic food. It's just called "food" there.

It's the non-organic food in America that's the freakazoid mutant that is created through heavy processing and the use of fossil fuel subsidies. So how is that somehow hundreds of millions of Indians manage to get by on their meager livelihoods eating organic food but the US thinks it's impossible? Questions must be asked here.
The restaurants I go to in my area don't employ any illegals AFAIK, and their products are locally sourced from farms that don't employ illegals either. So it's totally possible. Perhaps not so much in the cities though.

And I agree about Americans spending money on nonsense instead of better food.

- - - Updated - - -

it’s not okay to do it, they’re antifa pretending to be trumpers. Republicans would never eat organic food

- - - Updated - - -

it’s not about organic or not, there are no issues with GMO food regardless of what some people say. There’s nothing wrong with making food grow faster and better, after all, apples used to be tart instead of sweet. That’s all normal evolution of food.

waste is a problem but that comes down to capitalism, companies would rather throw food away than give it away for free. I get why some places do it but it can be handled much better. At the end of the day, there’s more than enough healthy food for everyone in America

5C84515A-5BE8-4AAB-8803-87382C7BEBD2.jpeg
I disagree. Can you taste the difference between GMO greens and organic? For me, I certainly can. You can also taste the difference between some hormone-laced Purdue chicken compared to a fresh one from a local farm.

- - - Updated - - -

The mainstream media did the same thing in Minneapolis though. They found one white dude who smashed a window and said he created the chaos in Minneapolis not the hundreds of black people looting and burning shit.
It’s often amazing how gullible conservatives are, and how absolutely unwilling to take responsibility for their actions lol. A couple hundred MAGA morons arrested, and one BLM guy is proof that it was a false flag operation led by BLM and Antifa. :lol:
Nobody here is denying it was probably mostly QTards responsible for the violence. But it's impossible to trust the MSM when they say 40% of the country are KKK members and were responsible for the riots.

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
it’s not okay to do it, they’re antifa pretending to be trumpers. Republicans would never eat organic food

- - - Updated - - -

it’s not about organic or not, there are no issues with GMO food regardless of what some people say. There’s nothing wrong with making food grow faster and better, after all, apples used to be tart instead of sweet. That’s all normal evolution of food.

waste is a problem but that comes down to capitalism, companies would rather throw food away than give it away for free. I get why some places do it but it can be handled much better. At the end of the day, there’s more than enough healthy food for everyone in America

5C84515A-5BE8-4AAB-8803-87382C7BEBD2.jpeg
Here's where I get to admit my evil side. I am a food waste skeptic.

That isn't to say food waste isn't a massive problem. Especially if at least 30-40% of the food supply is going into the trash (not even the compost bin). Now 40% is certainly major friction. But it's not a multiplier. It's not a 10x solution. It's closer to goat shaving.

Yes, we should squeeze out more efficiency with the food we have. But even if we lowered that to just 10%, that's not going to support three billion more people on the planet in developing economies wanting to eat more meat protein, for example. It's unsexy and necessary, but it's an optimization game ... not a capabilities one.

Fashion is probably at least as bad with its waste.

The mainstream media did the same thing in Minneapolis though. They found one white dude who smashed a window and said he created the chaos in Minneapolis not the hundreds of black people looting and burning shit.
True.

MAINSTREAM MEDIA!!!!!
I thought it was LAMESTREAM.

I am so far behind on TikTok. :sad:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The restaurants I go to in my area don't employ any illegals AFAIK, and their products are locally sourced from farms that don't employ illegals either. So it's totally possible. Perhaps not so much in the cities though.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree. Can you taste the difference between GMO greens and organic? For me, I certainly can. You can also taste the difference between some hormone-laced Purdue chicken compared to a fresh one from a local farm.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody here is denying it was probably mostly QTards responsible for the violence. But it's impossible to trust the MSM when they say 40% of the country are KKK members and were responsible for the riots.
yeah I can taste the difference, my point is that the vast majority of people won’t notice or care and that GMO is not necessarily a bad thing.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Classic whataboutism, Classic Kyle.
The main difference being these are mainstream media sources and politicians pushing these lies rather than some Twitter pundit. As usual, its difficult to keep up with the volume of alternative facts spewing out of leftist mainstream outlets no it's the orange man who is mischievously undermining faith in our very noble and trustworthy media.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The main difference being these are mainstream media sources and politicians pushing these lies rather than some Twitter pundit
Faux news is the most watched news station in America and they’ve been pushing it since the 6th. GOP congressmen like Matt Gaetz and Brooks and Gosar said it on the house floor during election certification.

So let’s not act like this is just random Twitter pundits pushing this.

- - - Updated - - -

Mainstream media just trying to play catch up with Fox News and Right Wing media’s 30 years of blatant lying and ridiculous propaganda. Fight fire with fire, ya know.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
yeah I can taste the difference, my point is that the vast majority of people won’t notice or care and that GMO is not necessarily a bad thing.
Technically all food grown for human consumption has been genetically modified through artificial selection.
The words natural and organic have no inherent meaning to them. Some of the most toxic substances known to man occur naturally.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Real wages haven't increased in decades because of inflation. The inflation is a direct result of the expansion of debt. Raising the minimum wage will increase wages artificially, but that increase will be passed on to something else, probably by increased prices on goods in general. So sure, workers may take home 20% more in their paycheck, but if they're paying 20% more on goods, the end result is the same. Thus, real wages aren't really rising and it's just an illusion.

This type of policy is ridiculously inflationary and gets us nowhere in the scheme of things. The left just doesn't understand that there is no free lunch in economics and there will never be one.

- - - Updated - - -

That's fair enough. I may still not agree, but a federal minimum wage for a country as large as this one is absurd.

- - - Updated - - -

And by the way, I don't mind paying more when I support local businesses. I always go to my local shoppes, farmers markets, and the like before grocery chains and corporate fuckhouses like Walmart. I also don't mind paying more when I go to a restaurant. I'm usually tipping 25-30% especially when someone I know or like is the server. But unfortunately, many people will stop going to these places if menu prices suddenly shoot up, and then you have the morons who hate to tip people in general because they're just terrible, stupid people, not because they're frequent travelers to Europe.
Except this is false. Keynesian economics has worked wonders for the western world, and even in the US after FDR.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Only 40% of voters are kkk members

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Technically all food grown for human consumption has been genetically modified through artificial selection.
The words natural and organic have no inherent meaning to them. Some of the most toxic substances known to man occur naturally.

Yeah, so for example if you want to create a fire blight resistant apple. you would take the species with the highest rate of survival after contact with fire blight and put them in a green house, hand pollinate them over the course of a couple years and the result would be a gmo apple that isn’t on the verge of extinction

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 29)