'Murica! (83 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So, you must really hate Trump for turning a blind eye on Putin's bounties on your fellow US soldiers then?
This is the level of debate you can stoop to. I get it. Your hatred is so strong that you can literally mock the military. Oddly enough your argument with Gordo having to work harder to get under your skin when all you have to do is be patriotic and it blows your mind. :tup:

Enjoy your life, AC.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I know man, I'm simply telling you a different viewpoint since I'm in it. There is politics even in the military lol

My argument per the C-SPAN thing is they are older people, a different generation than you and I and they don't like where their party is going or already is. That was my point. Some of them even said they are "Kennedy democrats"...the party they recognize is gone. lol we already know republicans (politicians) switching as we have discussed (I think it was you that pointed that out). But those are politicians, not everyday people that just want to have a normal life switching parties.
Dude, c’mon. There have been all sorts of interviews of ordinary moderate republicans (a school teacher was the last one I recall reading) talking about switching to democrat because they don’t recognize their party at all with its Trumpian veer hard right and populist rhetoric.

I don’t trust the polls either, nor do I trust call in programs and random interviews to show what’s going on in the majority of minds as to voting and which “side” is going to get the vote out best. Trump has a borderline personality cult surrounding him on the far right, but he’s also possibly the most loathed president of all time. It shall be interesting to see if the democrats can capitalize on that loathing to get voting enthusiasm high for a pretty damn uninspiring candidate, or if they have dug their own grave by pandering too much to the morons at the fringe edge of the party.

It’s the problem with the two party system. The parties have to pander to people at the fringe to try to keep their voting bloc together and actually voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Dude, c’mon. There have been all sorts of interviews of ordinary moderate republicans (a school teacher was the last one I recall reading) talking about switching to democrat because they don’t recognize their party at all with its Trumpian veer hard right and populist rhetoric.

I don’t trust the polls either, nor do I trust call in programs and random interviews to show what’s going on in the majority of minds as to voting and which “side” is going to get the vote out best. Trump has a borderline personality cult surrounding him on the far right, but he’s also possibly the most loathed president of all time. It shall be interesting to see if the democrats can capitalize on that loathing to get voting enthusiasm high for a pretty damn uninspiring candidate, or if they have dug their own grave by pandering too much to the morons at the fringe edge of the party.

It’s the problem with the two party system. The parties have to pander to people at the fringe to try to keep their voting bloc together and actually voting.
Didn't I literally acknowledge that in the post you quoted? :grin:

Agree on the 2 party system. Not sure how else to shake things up, I'd love a good 3rd party alternative but no way under our current system would they have a chance. Any third party run is simply going to vote drain from one of the two parties and its only going to ever be one of those two parties that would win.

- - - Updated - - -

by the way, you are way more fun to talk to when you're like this. appreciate it (no sarcasm)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Agree on the 2 party system. Not sure how else to shake things up, I'd love a good 3rd party alternative but no way under our current system would they have a chance. Any third party run is simply going to vote drain from one of the two parties and its only going to ever be one of those two parties that would win.

- - - Updated - - -

by the way, you are way more fun to talk to when you're like this. appreciate it (no sarcasm)
I think I responded there to where you said in that post it was older Kennedy Democrats, but the republicans switching sides were Politicians and not everyday folks wanting to have a normal life. My response was just to point out that there are quite a number of the everyday moderate republicans switching sides too. Anyways, as you and I are both well aware of, that’s just anecdotal and random, and it’s pretty much impossible to tell what such examples indicate as far as the wider populace goes.

I agree on that last bit. It’s easy to get worked up over this shit, and treat each other like assholes lol. But it’s far more fun (and more productive) to try to keep things calm and respectful, taking a moment before responding to remind oneself that not everyone has the same opinions/perspective/experience of life. I’m not always very good at that one lol. But I genuinely like most everyone here, even if some of you drive me crazy at times ;)

Jun 6, 2015
It really shouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone that the democrat party isn't the same it was in the 60s, the 70s or the 80s. Likewise the republican party isn't the same as it was back then. The world changes and so do the people. Even weirder is that some seem surprised that part of the populace is going to vote differently than in prior elections. Surely the point of holding elections is to see if there are people who feel differently than they did during the prior election?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It really shouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone that the democrat party isn't the same it was in the 60s, the 70s or the 80s. Likewise the republican party isn't the same as it was back then. The world changes and so do the people. Even weirder is that some seem surprised that part of the populace is going to vote differently than in prior elections. Surely the point of holding elections is to see if there are people who feel differently than they did during the prior election?
Trump for life, bro. :weee:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
No, i have made up my mind i now have 0 tolerance for ghetto culture, too long have we put up with inferior and utterly moronic and useless cultures. They got the war they wanted.
There will always be people who aren't capable of better. what is completely inexcusable is those who should know better but defend, make excuses for or turn a blind eye to the above because the reality doesn't fit their narrative.

They deserve the rope.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
america getting a taste of what they have been doing to other countries for years.

meddling in foregin elections? check
enabling corruption on government seats? check
help spread massive pro government propaganda? check
brutal police crackdown on protests? check
spreading hard nationalistic anti opposition hate messages? check

america getting a taste of their own medicine. they deserve all the suffering they are getting regardless of their party affiliation.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

In the short run, yes. But I guarantee that by the next election there will be adoption of policies by the losing party more in line with whichever third party received the increased share of votes if it's big enough.

And another thing that pisses me off:

figure02.png

That's a pretty low turnout all things considered. It's safe to assume that a good amount of those that don't vote are because they don't like either of the two main candidates. Now what if Libertarians stopped bitching about not having the "perfect" candidate and voted in large numbers, or the progressive left that hates Biden voted for the social democrats/green party or whatever? This is something that takes absolutely no effort but would end up having an impact, it's immensely frustrating.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Read an interesting opinion about what is going on in the USA, that said that as long as this so called culture war is going on , the ones that stand to benefit the most are the rich people with their huge private companies, including politicians regardless of their political color .

All this gender politics , sistemic racism topics, social justice etc., are brought in the forefront to detract from the real issues , as the rich are getting richer, the poor are getting poorer, middle class is all but gone, and nobody is left to challenge the multinational companies who are hording billions ,like there is no tommorow, aided by rich politicians , who don't give a crap about anything or anyone except their wallets .

What do you guys think about this? Is there any truth in this ?

When was the last time a proeminent politician in the USA said :" You know what , Apple(insert random big company) has gained a lot of money from the community . It's time to give some of them back. Instead of having 800 mil(random number ), in cash, from profits , how about we tax you ,so you can have only 300 mil , or something along those lines.

It's no wonder the rich like to set Democrats against Republicans and vice versa because as long as they are fighting ,there is no time to look at their business and they get to have free reign on their money, with no one left to questions their morals.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Read an interesting opinion about what is going on in the USA, that said that as long as this so called culture war is going on , the ones that stand to benefit the most are the rich people with their huge private companies, including politicians regardless of their political color .

All this gender politics , sistemic racism topics, social justice etc., are brought in the forefront to detract from the real issues , as the rich are getting richer, the poor are getting poorer, middle class is all but gone, and nobody is left to challenge the multinational companies who are hording billions ,like there is no tommorow, aided by rich politicians , who don't give a crap about anything or anyone except their wallets .

When was the last time a proeminent politician in the USA said :" You know what , Apple(insert random big company) has gained a lot of money from the community . It's time to give some of them back. Instead of having 800 mil(random number ), in cash, from profits , how about we tax you ,so you can have only 300 mil , or something along those lines.

It's no wonder the rich like to set Democrats against Republicans and vice versa because as long as they are fighting ,there is no time to look at their business and they get to have free reign on their money, with no one left to questions their morals.
No fucking shit just like its not a coincidence that rust belt workers pushed into poverty by NAFTA are actively having their concerns discredited/ mocked in mainstream media by calling them racists.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
No fucking shit just like its not a coincidence that rust belt workers pushed into poverty by NAFTA are actively having their concerns discredited/ mocked in mainstream media by calling them racists.
Mainstream media is acting as a trumpet for the multinationals. And why wouldn't they . They are also owned by media moguls.

These conglomerates have stopped being in the service of the common folk for a long time .
They create the huge fracture in the society, aided by social networks who do the radicalization.

Because if you are on Facebook, for example, and support Trump , then Facebook only recommends pages associated with him, instead of trying to show you the other side of spectrum .
Same with Twitter,YouTube etc.

Same as with Biden.

They try to keep you in a bubble, and through the years ,you are going to see the other side as the devil incarnate .

They are not encouraging discourse , because that would mean ,less time on the platform ,hence ,less profits .

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

I been saying this

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
What is this communism? This is 'Murica thread!

hYTg5NTRiLnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.jpg
Well I speak as a centrist . I like to take the good from both sides .
At this point in time , I think that neither political party, in the states , represents the real interests of the people.

Politicians promote all this non topics , when the question should be " Where are the millions, to protest the prices of drugs ", for example.

Don't worry the rich Twitter mob has all the time in the world to protest racism .
Big pharma even helps them daily by sending tweets left and right probably, signaling how virtuous they are.

They don't care about that(prices of drugs) . They or their parents have enough money to treat themselves.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Well I speak as a centrist . I like to take the good from both sides .
At this point in time , I think that neither political party, in the states , represents the real interests of the people.

Politicians promote all this non topics , when the question should be " Where are the millions, to protest the prices of drugs ", for example.

Don't worry the rich Twitter mob has all the time in the world to protest racism .
Big pharma even helps them daily by sending tweets left and right probably, signaling how virtuous they are.

They don't care about that(prices of drugs) . They or their parents have enough money to treat themselves.

Just my two cents.
sanders was the one asking the real questions, and the Democrats didn’t want to elect him.

AOC is the next closest thing. She’s still young thankfully

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)