'Murica! (74 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
As an Officer, and being surrounded by military, I don't hear many complaints, occasionally one comes along but generally the rule of thumb is politics take a backseat to mission and well being of our soldiers as it should. Take that however you want, I'm in it, I'm surrounded by it. Our focus is whatever mission we have. Most of us down the food chain serve faithfully whoever is in charge. I've served under two Presidents now. You mentioned a poll, you already know how I feel about those and I'd think you'd have learned your lesson on polls from the last election. Whether civilian or military, we are at a point where if you're found supporting a certain side can get you canceled or blacklisted.

@Hustini

need a reminder what true patriotism looks like.
I wear the uniform, that's how I show my patriotism.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Someone said it best:

"Now you understand why we're all out here clinging to a flawed, egotistical political candidate who is literally our last line of defense against the elimination of civil liberties and economic freedom."
"Of course, back then we chose to turn a blind eye to the consequences to follow from that same candidate taking a piss on every single page of the very same Constitution that guaranteed those civil liberties and economic freedom. Oh, how shortsighted we were ..."

- Same "Someone", a few years down the road.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I agree that ghetto culture should not exist and there should only be one culture in which people should integrate into, but no parties tackle that, not even republicans. Both are content feeding of its existence.

Ideally your country should imo have at least three official parties and have a center to differentiate with politicians that are too left leaning

The two-party system is feeding your country's radicalization and rhetorics. but it won't ever change
Parties shouldn't tackle what is supposed to be a very simple 'do i want to be part of civilization?'
I don't believe in social engineering and i don't mind if govt stays the fuck out of my business and stops with the social experiments.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
"Of course, back then we chose to turn a blind eye to the consequences to follow from that same candidate taking a piss on every single page of the very same Constitution that guaranteed those civil liberties and economic freedom. Oh, how shortsighted we were ..."

- Same "Someone", a few years down the road.
Here's some solid life advice: you are not half as smart or ethical as you think you are, have a great day buddy

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
As an Officer, and being surrounded by military, I don't hear many complaints, occasionally one comes along but generally the rule of thumb is politics take a backseat to mission and well being of our soldiers as it should. Take that however you want, I'm in it, I'm surrounded by it. Our focus is whatever mission we have. Most of us down the food chain serve faithfully whoever is in charge. I've served under two Presidents now. You mentioned a poll, you already know how I feel about those and I'd think you'd have learned your lesson on polls from the last election. Whether civilian or military, we are at a point where if you're found supporting a certain side can get you canceled or blacklisted.

So, by clinging onto inanimate symbols like flags and uniforms, while having no problem voting for a guy, who is repsonsible for the deaths of hundreths of thousands of your fellow Americans, and has made a mockery of the US Constitution.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So, by clinging onto inanimate symbols like flags and uniforms, while having no problem voting for a guy, who is repsonsible for the deaths of hundreths of thousands of your fellow Americans, and has made a mockery of the US Constitution.
Was there a point or a question in this post?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Here's some solid life advice: you are not half as smart or ethical as you think you are, have a great day buddy
Damn, that escalated quickly. At least you used your own words and didn't rehash someone else's thoughts.
I feel perfectly safe about how smart I am or not. You are gonna have to find a different path to get under my skin.

- - - Updated - - -

Was there a point or a question in this post?
Yes, look right above you :)

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Parties shouldn't tackle what is supposed to be a very simple 'do i want to be part of civilization?'
I don't believe in social engineering and i don't mind if govt stays the fuck out of my business and stops with the social experiments.
Yeah but you know that won't be changed otherwise.

Can't have it both ways, its either that or status quo

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yes, look right above you :)

If there is a question in this post, kindly point it out otherwise it looks nothing more than another rant.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

the reason I posted that was as a response to you posting a video with a couple calls from unidentified people saying they’re turning repub, as if that’s a countrywide trend.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

If there is a question in this post, kindly point it out otherwise it looks nothing more than another rant.
You missed the point of the "look right above you" part, ironically enough :)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
the reason I posted that was as a response to you posting a video with a couple calls from unidentified people saying they’re turning repub, as if that’s a countrywide trend.
Yes - IMO there is a difference between life long democrats calling into C-SPAN and being honest about what they see, feel and reasons for making a huge switch like that than a poll. But sure, to support your argument I know a couple guys voting Biden and switching. But I also know A LOT more that aren't or that were independents, etc that voted blue before but aren't this time. Military peeps are no different than civilians, man. Our jobs are just different. We have bills, houses, families as anyone else out there.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yes - IMO there is a difference between life long democrats calling into C-SPAN and being honest about what they see, feel and reasons for making a huge switch like that than a poll. But sure, to support your argument I know a couple guys voting Biden and switching. But I also know A LOT more that aren't or that were independents, etc that voted blue before but aren't this time. Military peeps are no different than civilians, man. Our jobs are just different. We have bills, houses, families as anyone else out there.
my point is, you have no idea who’s calling. I doubt they screen in any deep way.

I never meant to insinuate anything about the military or your job with that.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
my point is, you have no idea who’s calling. I doubt they screen in any deep way.

I never meant to insinuate anything about the military or your job with that.
I know man, I'm simply telling you a different viewpoint since I'm in it. There is politics even in the military lol

My argument per the C-SPAN thing is they are older people, a different generation than you and I and they don't like where their party is going or already is. That was my point. Some of them even said they are "Kennedy democrats"...the party they recognize is gone. lol we already know republicans (politicians) switching as we have discussed (I think it was you that pointed that out). But those are politicians, not everyday people that just want to have a normal life switching parties.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Wearing a uniform is a sign of patriotism? When I wear my redcoat around town no-one seems to like it.
In the US walking around with a gun is patriotism, so wearing a uniform is like a notch or two above on the patriotism scale - super patriotism or super-duper patriotism, respectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 71)