'Murica! (142 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
These dictators, despots and ayatrollahs are even dumber than Trump. Or equally dumb but with more dumb/powerless people surrounding them.

Quit meddling in others' business for a change, but if push comes to shove, showing a little aggression towards them (excluding randomly killing a general with no alibis) wouldn't hurt. They'll self destruct.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
It accumulates.

Peole like to blame America for everything (especially those who have never spent any time in a truly democratic country), but I've never seen America bully a democratic government.
And for people like us, the West is the only hope.
Most of the countries America has invaded since WW2 have been worse off because of it. South Korea is an exception.
Besides, American agencies have wreaked havoc in Latin America for decades.
Let's not pretend as if America is some arbiter of justice that brings democracy and peace throughout the world.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
It accumulates.

Peole like to blame America for everything (especially those who have never spent any time in a truly democratic country), but I've never seen America bully a democratic government.
I like America, but their foreign policy has been a clusterfuck for decades. If anyone, Iranians can really blame America for everything. They didn't bully a democratic government, they overthrew it, which basically set the stage for everything that happened after.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It accumulates.

Wat? The CIA overthrew Iran’s new democratic government in the ‘50s and put the Shah back in power.

Jacob Arbenz was democratically elected and overthrown by a CIA backed coup in 1954 in Guatemala. Which led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands at the hands of the military government that US installed.

In 1949 they helped overthrow the democracy in Syria, to install a military junta under Za’im who supported the trans-Arab pipeline.

In the 60s they destabilized Brazil under Goulart and encouraged the military to take power, which they subsequently did.

Supported and backed the coup against democratically elected Bosch in the Dominican Republic in 1963 after he tried to institute social reforms. Which led to a bloody civil war a couple years later where the US invaded the country to “stop the communists” lol

They also under Nixon’s direct order planned the overthrow of democratically elected Salvador Allende. First they assassinated his army chief commander, and created the conditions for the coup, even if they didn’t participate in the final coup.

They armed and funded the contras against the elected government of Nicaragua in the 80s.

The leaders of the coup against Aristide in Haiti in 1991 had been trained in the US

Etc etc.

America bullied/threatened/helped overthrow democratically elected governments all through the Cold War if they didn’t align themselves with American interests.

This doesn’t mean the West wasn’t better than the alternative, with the Soviet Bloc, but sugarcoating and revising history to make America out to be some benevolent power through the last 70 years is foolish.

Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I like America, but their foreign policy has been a clusterfuck for decades. If anyone, Iranians can really blame America for everything. They didn't bully a democratic government, they overthrew it, which basically set the stage for everything that happened after.
Not for "everything". Nobody put a gun into our fathers' head to support these monsters in 1979.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
It accumulates.

So if I understand correctly you would like for the US to come over and fuck Aliyev up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 134)