'Murica! (2,364 Viewers)

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Cable news is garbage in my opinion, especially their prime time opinion people. I would not say that about all media though, especially if you read the news and not the opinion pieces.
Ok there we agree. I mostly watch Bret and outnumbered check once in a blue with the others. I read WSJ and CNBC mostly with a sprinkle of NYT.
Watch a few YouTubers and locals news as well

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Tucker is great and until he left PBS/ CNN no one had issues with him now all of a sudden he's a problem.
Tucker Carlson great? :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -
Another SJW, media shit

Like your alt-right outrage artists are any different. God damn, you are a hypocritical weenie. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

And before you get all high and mighty, @Ronn, myself, and others here consistently make fun of SJW shit like Huff post, buzzfeed, and other nonsense.

Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Sorry didn't link before
I'm surprised all of them did not call themselves moderate. It's a weird research method to ask the journalists how they describe themselves. I'm sure if you ask that crazy Lou Dobbs he would call himself a moderate.
But I agree that most of the journalists are liberal. In fact most of the college educated people are liberal. I don't see what's wrong with that. If a media outlet has a competent management they can see right through bias. Mara Liasson contributes to Fox News while being a correspondent for NPR and nobody questions her professionalism.
There's also a question of outreach too. If media has a liberal bias, how come Fox News dominates cable news? Those 2 statements seem contradictory.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
I'm surprised all of them did not call themselves moderate. It's a weird research method to ask the journalists how they describe themselves. I'm sure if you ask that crazy Lou Dobbs he would call himself a moderate.
But I agree that most of the journalists are liberal. In fact most of the college educated people are liberal. I don't see what's wrong with that. If a media outlet has a competent management they can see right through bias. Mara Liasson contributes to Fox News while being a correspondent for NPR and nobody questions her professionalism.
There's also a question of outreach too. If media has a liberal bias, how come Fox News dominates cable news? Those 2 statements seem contradictory.
Well I don't care what a person's personal leanings are. They just need to be subjective in their journalism and I think too much journalism on both sides has been seeped in political stances by the " journalist" themselves.
I also believe that the issue is the massive amount of news now. When I was a kid ( maybe we don't know you're age ) news was on at 6 and 11 at night and early morning and noon. So unless it was breaking news you only got the news when it was truly important mostly unbiased. Now everything is breaking and everything is news even when 80% isn't

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Well I don't care what a person's personal leanings are. They just need to be subjective in their journalism and I think too much journalism on both sides has been seeped in political stances by the " journalist" themselves.
I also believe that the issue is the massive amount of news now. When I was a kid ( maybe we don't know you're age ) news was on at 6 and 11 at night and early morning and noon. So unless it was breaking news you only got the news when it was truly important mostly unbiased. Now everything is breaking and everything is news even when 80% isn't
I'm 38.
And what you said is exactly why I hate cable news.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Trump's tax returns :D

This dude is probably the worst businessman in history.

I love that Andy totally fell for it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
In absence of a real policy, this is actually an interesting idea.

Drug makers must start listing prices on TV ads: HHS Secretary Azar
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/drug-makers-start-listing-prices-tv-ads-hhs/story?id=62886265
I personally believe they shouldn't be able to advertise these drugs at all. Why do we allow this when we know the marketing is 80% of a drug cost these days while R&D has gone down to the single digits ??! It's unacceptable on either side of the isle

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I personally believe they shouldn't be able to advertise these drugs at all. Why do we allow this when we know the marketing is 80% of a drug cost these days while R&D has gone down to the single digits ??! It's unacceptable on either side of the isle

Isnt that anti freedumb tho?

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Isnt that anti freedumb tho?
No they used to not be able to advertise drugs on tv etc they lobbied for that and it changed. There isn't really any logical reason for these commercials. No one is sitting at home watching them and then going" wow I need that who knew I had whatever bullshit illness they're advertising"

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
No they used to not be able to advertise drugs on tv etc they lobbied for that and it changed. There isn't really any logical reason for these commercials. No one is sitting at home watching them and then going" wow I need that who knew I had whatever bullshit illness they're advertising"

Of course people are othetwise they wouldnt be spending billions on it but my point is that i find it surprising you are on the correct side. Props

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 2355)