'Murica! (150 Viewers)

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
For all the talk about taxes, that's one way he fucked over my family:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/salt-t...lion-taxpayers-taking-a-hit-from-new-tax-law/

Always another way to support the rich through my hard work, I guess.
You, my friend, are being disrupted, which is euphemism for fucking over anybody who lives in a state with no likelihood of voting for Trump

- - - Updated - - -

From all things disgusting about Trump administration, and there are many, nothing boils my blood more than this:
Iraqi and Afghan interpreters were promised visas to the US, but it came almost to a halt under Trump.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
You, my friend, are being disrupted, which is euphemism for fucking over anybody who lives in a state with no likelihood of voting for Trump
This is another issue I have with our current system actually. Republicans in New York or Democrats in Texas have no real voice on national matters because of the way the electoral college is set up. At the least, delegates should be awarded proportionally. It just silences so many people.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
This is another issue I have with our current system actually. Republicans in New York or Democrats in Texas have no real voice on national matters because of the way the electoral college is set up. At the least, delegates should be awarded proportionally. It just silences so many people.
Agreed. Not sure what the history of winner-take-all system is, but on paper it's much easier to change since it's not in the US constitution. In reality though, no state would like to be the first to do this.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Both branches of congress and the Presidency give so much more voting power to small state residents. It's rather ridiculous. At the very least, the Presidency should be done by popular vote exclusively. And the house of representatives should have more population-proportionate representation for Americans. Then the senate could be left as is, leaving one branch as a bit of an equalizer for small states.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Agreed. Not sure what the history of winner-take-all system is, but on paper it's much easier to change since it's not in the US constitution. In reality though, no state would like to be the first to do this.
Don't be so sure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact

- - - Updated - - -

Both branches of congress and the Presidency give so much more voting power to small state residents. It's rather ridiculous. At the very least, the Presidency should be done by popular vote exclusively. And the house of representatives should have more population-proportionate representation for Americans. Then the senate could be left as is, leaving one branch as a bit of an equalizer for small states.
Don't forget another sneaky way this is done: through how early primaries are held. By the time it, for example, becomes times for New Yorkers to vote, how many candidates have already dropped out? These first smaller states effective get to choose who the rest of the nation can pick from. No one should give that much of a shit about Iowa, but they get to go first for some reason.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I would change the senate, and leave House as is. Even today, 30% of Americans have 70 senators, while 70% have 30.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't be so sure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget another sneaky way this is done: through how early primaries are held. By the time it, for example, becomes times for New Yorkers to vote, how many candidates have already dropped out? These first smaller states effective get to choose who the rest of the nation can pick from. No one should give that much of a shit about Iowa, but they get to go first for some reason.
Sadly, all are states which normally vote for one party in a presidential election.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 14, Guests: 128)