'Murica! (64 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
But that was not my conclusion. I said he's message strongly implies that, and I think he's doing it to signal his base. It won't matter much what he really wants to do. The message is what gets repeated and used as a talking point.
Show me one statement from establishment Democrats that is as bad as "Abolish ICE". What does that even mean? Open the borders?
The bold parts are your premise and conclusion, aren't they? To which I replied 1) I don't think he asked for abolishing ICE, he is speaking about reforms (but I could be wrong) and 2) if I'm wrong and he did indeed suggest abolishing ICE, it doesn't mean opening the borders because the US didn't have open borders prior to ICE (and btw there's no way Bernie wants open borders and there's no way anyone expects him to even suggest that).

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It doesn't matter what any of you believe, what percentage of the voters can overcome inherent bias, all this does is confirm what most swing voters thought of Democrats, they went so far to the left they fell off the map

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
It doesn't matter what any of you believe, what percentage of the voters can overcome inherent bias, all this does is confirm what most swing voters thought of Democrats, they went so far to the left they fell off the map
At one point in your life you should finally stop making baseless statements with extreme confidence.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I can't believe I'm asking this, but wtf is wrong with Trump?. He criticizes Theresa May in an interview with Sun, says Boris Johnson makes an excellent PM, and then denies everything today despite Sun publishing the recording.
What can possibly gained from this?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I can't believe I'm asking this, but wtf is wrong with Trump?. He criticizes Theresa May in an interview with Sun, says Boris Johnson makes an excellent PM, and then denies everything today despite Sun publishing the recording.
What can possibly gained from this?
I don't know why, but at some point it stopped being of any importance to his followers. There are many things he has said and done that have been recorded, that are there for all to see. Yet he simply denies them and his denial is accepted.

The US will recover from Trump. But right now I don't see how.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I don't know why, but at some point it stopped being of any importance to his followers. There are many things he has said and done that have been recorded, that are there for all to see. Yet he simply denies them and his denial is accepted.

The US will recover from Trump. But right now I don't see how.
Oh dude it's a foregone conclusion to me that his supporters don't care. Almost the entire team I work with are Trumpets. They voted for him so enthusiastically but now bitch that "man lobbyists run this country, it's k street fucking up". They believe corporations are pushing for a trade war(!). The invisible forces of "they" is behind everything in their minds.
But I'm not sure what Trump gains from this. I honestlystly don't know. It's a lose lose situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Oh dude it's a foregone conclusion to me that his supporters don't care. Almost the entire team I work with are Trumpets. They voted for him so enthusiastically but now bitch that "man lobbyists run this country, it's k street fucking up". They believe corporations are pushing for a trade war(!). The invisible forces of "they" is behind everything in their minds.
But I'm not sure what Trump gains from this. I honestlystly don't know. It's a lose lose situation.

I don't really understand the Trump universe. I've given up on making sense of his actions, because what should be a lose lose often still ends up a win.

Btw, I've just noticed this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_net_exports

I know that a trade deficit in itself isn't necessarily bad. And my knowledge of economics is extremely limited. But it's interesting the USA is the very last country.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

The best part is it seems news outlets have taken to simply providing transcripts, because they know he'll go crazy if they don't. When you it all written down, it really strikes you just how crazy this dude is. Just look at the sheer length of his tangents:

JEFF GLOR: I saw the conversation you had with Jens Stoltenberg which is a very direct conversation, as- as you approach the meetings with Vladimir Putin coming up. Do you expect a similar tone?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I don't expect anything. I frankly don't expect -- I go in with very low expectations. I think that getting along with Russia is a good thing. But it's possible we won't. I think we're greatly hampered by this whole witch hunt that's going on in the United States. The Russian witch hunt. The -- the rigged situation. I watch some of the testimony, even though I'm in Europe, of Strzok. And I thought it was a disgrace to our country. I thought it was an absolute disgrace. Where he wants to do things against me before I was even, I guess before I was even the candidate. It was a disgrace. And then he lied about it. And you know, talking about shutting it down and 'we, we.' And he says 'oh I meant the American people' all of a sudden you know, he came up with excuses. I guess given to a lawyer, but everybody laughed at it. He was a disgrace to our country. He was a disgrace to the FBI. So when I look at things like that and he led that investigation or whatever you call it. I would say that yeah, I think it hurts our relationship with Russia. I actually think it hurts our relationship with a lot of countries. I think it's a disgrace what's going on. And then you look how, you know, partisan it is. You look at what's going on where -- and they know, they know that there's no way he can get away from those horrible texts that he wrote. So the other side does. But it's a very partisan thing.

JEFF GLOR: The Russians who were indicted, would you ask Putin to- to send them here?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well I might. I hadn't thought of that. But I certainly, I'll be asking about it. But again, this was during the Obama administration. They were doing whatever it was during the Obama administration. And I heard that they were trying, or people were trying, to hack into the RNC too. The Republican National Committee. But we had much better defenses. I've been told that by a number of people. We had much better defenses, so they couldn't. I think the DNC should be ashamed of themselves for allowing themselves to be hacked. They had bad defenses and they were able to be hacked. But I heard they were trying to hack the Republicans too. But, and this may be wrong, but they had much stronger defenses.
The bolded part is just gold.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Imagine Obama had given a similar press conference.

He would have been torn to pieces, literally. Donald Trump AKA Mister America First trusts Putin, a former KGB agent and the leader of US' biggest enemy since the 19th hundred, more than he trust 12 different AMERICAN intelligence agencies.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
He would have been torn to pieces, literally. Donald Trump AKA Mister America First trusts Putin, a former KGB agent and the leader of US' biggest enemy since the 19th hundred, more than he trust 12 different AMERICAN intelligence agencies.
Even Fox News has a hard time defending this shit. It's really getting hard to ignore circumstantial evidence that Putin has some damaging info on this guy.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Even Fox News has a hard time defending this shit. It's really getting hard to ignore circumstantial evidence that Putin has some damaging info on this guy.

Let's be honest. At this point most of us are just hoping it's something very juicy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)