'Murica! (71 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Only absolute fucking imbeciles believe "clean coal" exists. The Conservative Harper government in Canada that we just escaped wanted to utilize "clean coal" and the BC government had plans to open a coal mine here on Vancouver Island about an hour from where I live. :sergio:

Makes me fucking furious listening to redneck morons spout nonsense about coal and jobs with utter disregard for the planet and the air we breathe.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-10-10/-clean-coal-is-far-from-real
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2014/04/coal/nijhuis-text
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/energy/a4947/4339171/

FFS, even China is shutting down new coal projects and focusing on renewable energy, but let's "Make America Great Again". :rofl:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Exactly. Trump is earning billions right now.
A successful businessman is good at playing zero sum games. A government who sees the game a zero sum one will screw it mostly for the vulnerable. Ironically, the poorer Trump's supporters were in fact those most fascinated with the idea of having a businessman in charge of the government.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
America is becoming a third world country. Not in terms of wealth but in terms of rapidly deteriorating morality. Everything can be bought and sold. No consequences for criminal behaviour that enriches few but impoverish many. Utterly outrageous wealth inequalty. Total disregard for the enviroment by the political elites. An administration that is full with milioners and billioners who use the public office to enrich themself even more obscenely. And the general public is full of apathy, just playing video games and watching stupid movies.
Even in my country this would bring thousands on the streets in protest. Especially for the enviroment and nature. For me this should be priority number one along with inequalty for any political administration all over the world.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I believe this will really hurt him with his supporters. One of their 'core ideas' was that 'Owbama' and his healthcare act were pure evil. I bet a lot of them voted Trump preciselt because he said he would change it. And he would do it soon and it would be easy.

His supporters don't care about his many other screw ups. But this is going to be tough for them to ignore. Maybe Andy could shed some light on this.

Do you still have faith in the Leader, @Bjerknes?
Obamacare is a nightmare and needs to be replaced, but Trumpcare wasn't a solution either. Both of them are failures.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
@Bjerknes, your hero wants to rebuild your economy focusing on 'really clean coal' :lol:

'Really clean coal' :lol :lol: :lol:

Coal is coal, dude. Clean coal does not exist. I can't believe you endorsed this idiot :lol:
Clean energy doesn't really exist either according to some. I mean, even to create the turbines used in wind farms requires some type of metallurgy, which most likely creates some type of CO2 emission. Even solar panels which are thought to be very clean have to be disposed of, and in turn are considered hazardous waste once depleted. So "clean energy" is a myth to begin with.

Please do the world a favor and kill yourself if you really care about the Earth. Or at least stop farting.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you elaborate on why Obamacare is so terrible?
Average premiums and overall healthcare costs have increased after its implementation. I see it in my own benefits year over year. My CAO even argued this in an all-staff meeting of my supposed liberal company. As insurance companies pull out of creating the supply, of course costs will go up. It was always a simple Econ 101 problem that anybody with half a brain could predict.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Clean energy doesn't really exist either according to some. I mean, even to create the turbines used in wind farms requires some type of metallurgy, which most likely creates some type of CO2 emission. Even solar panels which are thought to be very clean have to be disposed of, and in turn are considered hazardous waste once depleted. So "clean energy" is a myth to begin with.

Please do the world a favor and kill yourself if you really care about the Earth. Or at least stop farting.

- - - Updated - - -

Average premiums and overall healthcare costs have increased after its implementation. I see it in my own benefits year over year. My CAO even argued this in an all-staff meeting of my supposed liberal company. As insurance companies pull out of creating the supply, of course costs will go up. It was always a simple Econ 101 problem that anybody with half a brain could predict.
I agree with you about Obamacare being massively flawed. Repealing and replacing isn't the ideal solution in my opinion. It needs to be worked on, to be to have a little more common-sense worked into it.

The first part there about energy is utter rubbish man. Clean energy is a myth if we're talking 100% clean, but the Carbon footprint of Solar Panels and wind turbines is minuscule compared to coal. It's laughable to suggest that renewable energy isn't orders of magnitude cleaner than coal. The mining of coal, and it's transport has a massive carbon footprint, far beyond renewable energy, and then you add to that the emissions released while creating energy... it's not even in the same realm.

The only real myth is "clean coal". It's a bad joke. Let's go back to the Industrial revolution and living in a haze of smog. Sounds lovely.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I agree with you about Obamacare being massively flawed. Repealing and replacing isn't the ideal solution in my opinion. It needs to be worked on, to be to have a little more common-sense worked into it.

The first part there about energy is utter rubbish man. Clean energy is a myth if we're talking 100% clean, but the Carbon footprint of Solar Panels and wind turbines is minuscule compared to coal. It's laughable to suggest that renewable energy isn't orders of magnitude cleaner than traditional energy sources. The mining of coal, and it's transport has a massive carbon footprint, far beyond renewable energy, and then you add to that the emissions released while creating energy... it's not even in the same realm.

The only real myth is "clean coal". It's a bad joke. Let's go back to the Industrial revolution and living in a haze of smog. Sounds lovely.
This is under the guise that CO2 is a deadly toxin and creates climate change. Coal burning can also create sulfur and mercery emissions, which are more proven to be harmful than CO2, but are emitted at rates that pale in comparison to CO2. I actually wrote some industry analysis back in college for a firm that wanted to "trap" carbon emissions from coal power plants in order to recycle its use in some capacity. The idea is that the CO2 combustion could be used a catalyst to drive some other type of energy production, such as the mining of coal itself. I think there are a few power plants now that have actually succeeded in converting CO2 emissions to be used in useful fossil fuel extraction downstream, which is a pretty cool idea. But like I said, this idea was created under the assumption that CO2 is driving climate change. Climates have always changed.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
CO2 is not deadly?

Anyways, coal is anything but clean. Saying the words "clean" and "coal" next to each other is retarded and should be ridiculed by anyone with half a brain cell.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
This is under the guise that CO2 is a deadly toxin and creates climate change. Coal burning can also create sulfur and mercery emissions, which are more proven to be harmful than CO2, but are emitted at rates that pale in comparison to CO2. I actually wrote some industry analysis back in college for a firm that wanted to "trap" carbon emissions from coal power plants in order to recycle its use in some capacity. The idea is that the CO2 combustion could be used a catalyst to drive some other type of energy production, such as the mining of coal itself. I think there are a few power plants now that have actually succeeded in converting CO2 emissions to be used in useful fossil fuel extraction downstream, which is a pretty cool idea. But like I said, this idea was created under the assumption that CO2 is driving climate change. Climates have always changed.
Never at the rates seen currently, and almost certainly caused by the imbalance in the carbon cycle due to human activity. CO2's toxicity/non-toxicity has got nothing to do with.

Also, CO2 is an extremely stable molecule and cannot 'combust'.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

Dude. It's ridiculous to say 'clean coal'. Our use of solar energy has not been great so far, but obviously it's much more likely to be a sustainable and cleaner form of energy than friggin' coal. There is no defending his point of view, which is obviously just there because he struck a deal with coal companies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)